PDA

View Full Version : Serious Italian 1940 Metal

Milton Shupe
June 16th, 2012, 12:12
I think I will add this one to the list.

The color photo is actually a hand-constructed model.

Can you guess who sent the details of this aircraft to me? :-)

I have this on the shelf but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

A real challenge, but not without a lot of fun. :-)

Maybe after the Avia 57, Dash 7, XP47J, Harpoon, and Lodestar.

stuartcox
June 16th, 2012, 12:16
What a weird looking monster!
What is it?

Ferry_vO
June 16th, 2012, 12:28
It's a CANT.Z 1007Bis Alcione, Stuart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANT_Z.1007

Would be great to have Milton, but I do hope you'll finish the others on your list first, especially the Harpoon/Lodestar!

Willy
June 16th, 2012, 12:42

Would be great to have Milton, but I do hope you'll finish the others on your list first, especially the Harpoon/Lodestar!

I'll second this!

Milton Shupe
June 16th, 2012, 12:47

Did you not read this: "Maybe after the Avia 57, Dash 7, XP47J, Harpoon, and Lodestar."

The projects will be finished in that order.

Blackbird686
June 16th, 2012, 13:21
What a MONSTER, that plane... :isadizzy: I suspect Manuele Villa might have had some influence on this. :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:

edmoore235
June 16th, 2012, 13:21
Wonderful! A good looking Tri Motor!!! Woo Hoo, I love it. Thanks in advance. Take care.

Ed

Milton Shupe
June 16th, 2012, 13:31
What a MONSTER, that plane... :isadizzy: I suspect Manuele Villa might have had some influence on this. :salute:

BINGO!!!!!! :applause:

Sundog
June 16th, 2012, 14:25
The WW2 Italian Aircraft have been neglected for so long, it's good to see you tackling this design. You're certainly turning into quite the trimotor modeler. Which is a good thing for the rest of us. :)

Naismith
June 16th, 2012, 15:08
Looks like it was designed by a commitee, but strangely attractive too.

PeteHam
June 16th, 2012, 18:29
Oh WOW !! :jump: :jump:

If it's got radials and a tailwheel it's a 'must have' :applause: :applause:

Pete.

Milton Shupe
June 17th, 2012, 06:08
Looks like it was designed by a commitee, but strangely attractive too.

I agree. It has an awesome mechanical muscular look and feel. Great lines and stance for a mid-30's designed bomber. Filippo Zappata reintroduced excitement, enthusiasm, and success into the design group.

Milton Shupe
June 17th, 2012, 06:16
Oh WOW !! :jump: :jump:

If it's got radials and a tailwheel it's a 'must have' :applause: :applause:

Pete.

Early engines did not perform well for the first designs but once the Piaggio P.XI RC40 radial was introduced, design stepped up to larger loads with faster speed. Later the Piaggio P.XIX higher performance radials in the Cant.Z.1007ter carried the model into history.

magoo
June 17th, 2012, 10:08
I think if Harley Davidson built airplanes, they'd look like that.

Milton Shupe
June 17th, 2012, 10:26

That is exactly what I was thinking earlier :applause:

TARPSBird
June 17th, 2012, 19:47
The Italians had some interesting aircraft. For some reason the Alcione looks to me like something Martin here in the US might have come up with around 1938-39.

Milton Shupe
June 17th, 2012, 20:06
The Italians had some interesting aircraft. For some reason the Alcione looks to me like something Martin here in the US might have come up with around 1938-39.

The design was actually conceived in the early 1930's, but was more aerodynamicly "engined". Underpowered as more powerful engines were not yet available until after the mid-1930's. Once the Piaggio RC40 became available, the sleek engine cowls were replaced with the less sleek radial cowling, but still yielded dozens of kphs improvement. Only then did the design really have potential and resulted in aircraft improvements for more weight and armament.

mvg3d
June 17th, 2012, 23:17
The design was actually conceived in the early 1930's, but was more aerodynamicly "engined". Underpowered as more powerful engines were not yet available until after the mid-1930's. Once the Piaggio RC40 became available, the sleek engine cowls were replaced with the less sleek radial cowling, but still yielded dozens of kphs improvement. Only then did the design really have potential and resulted in aircraft improvements for more weight and armament.

Hi Milton,
THANK YOU !!!!

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

mrogers
June 17th, 2012, 23:37
Wow, that is some serious heavy metal. (for its tme). I rather like the look of it.

aeronca1
June 18th, 2012, 07:44

LOL, imagine kick starting those monsters!!

I like that the Dash7 is in 2nd place!!! I remember modeling the Cant many years ago. I loved that beast as I do all Italian aircraft.

Milton Shupe
September 3rd, 2012, 07:24
With the bulk of the work done on all WIP projects, I decided to get the tough part of the startup done on this one. Now as I have time, I can "piddle" with it. :-)

Now, back to the "Republic Experimentals".

Hurricane91
September 3rd, 2012, 09:00
Hello Milton,
It's great to see another Zappata design in the works by one of the Masters.
Manuele's CANT Z.506 is one of the most beautiful trimoters in the sim, but
no VC (cry).

lemonadedrinker
September 3rd, 2012, 10:24
Hi,

Stefano Meneghini and Manuele Villa produced the wonderful FIAT G 12 and G 18 and G 18v which come with invaluable info about flying and navigating in an earlier World of Flight. I have hoped in vain for a FIAT G212 as well...greedy I know, but this new Trimotor will serve just as well!. It'll be a beauty.
Thank you, Milton.

Andy.

Milton Shupe
September 5th, 2012, 04:09
Hello Milton,
no VC (cry).

I agree. And I hope that Manuele has the time to collaborate with me on this project. He has been very industrious with his works and extremely helpful in getting this one off the ground. :applause:

Hi,

Stefano Meneghini and Manuele Villa produced the wonderful FIAT G 12 and G 18 and G 18v which come with invaluable info about flying and navigating in an earlier World of Flight. I have hoped in vain for a FIAT G212 as well...greedy I know, but this new Trimotor will serve just as well!. It'll be a beauty.
Thank you, Milton.

Andy.

Andy, I have been so busy I have failed to keep up with these releases. I will have to check them out. I agree that the Italian works of art need attention and I am happy to work on this one. Thanks

aeronca1
September 5th, 2012, 07:28
I agree that the Italian works of art need attention and I am happy to work on this one. Thanks

As am I! I would dearly love to eventually see a Piaggio P.108B in both of it's variants, front turret and no front turret. A friend here was working on this and the project was quite advanced the last time I saw it. Alas, the last time I spoke with this gentleman, he had permanently shelved the project as his interest in flight simming had given up the ghost. He offered me the source, but at the time I was and still am involved in my own project, the FIAT G.59 series. On that I'd say I'm about 60% of the way there.

With all the Italian masterpieces that have been released in the last couple of years, I'm thinking of doing a "Flight Sim 1931-45, The Italian Sector". Does anyone know of any WWII scenery for Italy, North Africa, etc.?

lemonadedrinker
September 5th, 2012, 08:39
Hi,

Milton, you already have a full evening's work ahead of you doing all these other projects; I wasn't begging for the 212 to be done as well!! :salute: a huge salute to you and the team who produce these wonders.

Andy.

nigel richards
September 6th, 2012, 23:50
Hello Milton,
no VC (cry).

Nice bait John - must be the same stuff Milton's using!

Alfa Romeo 125

Alfa Romeo built/designed several aircraft engines based on Bristol Jupiter and Pegasus designs. These engines were named as 125, 126, 128, 129 and 131. The 126-RC34 was derived from Bristol Pegasus and 126-RC35 from Jupiter 9-cylinder radial design. All these engines were mainly fitted to Italian bombers in World War II. Between 1934 and 1944 Alfa Romeo built around 11,000 units.

Alfa Romeo 126 RC.34

Specifications

Power output: 507-582 kW (680-780 hp)

Uh-hum...I'm hooked!...piece o' cake! :wiggle:

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2012, 01:17
ooooh nice! looking forwards to this! will be right back to work where i can assist in a while Milton... got a few months of regular doctors check-ups ahead, Harpoon is Currently Priority 1 (Seeing as there's nothing for the moment to do on the PC-21) :salute:

Hurricane91
September 7th, 2012, 05:34
Nice bait John - must be the same stuff Milton's using!

I just can not resist the graceful curves of the Z.506 and 1007 series. Or for that matter, any of
Zappata's designs. Thoroughbreds all.

I'm hooked

Sounds great. Great sounds.

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 05:47
Making some headway with lots of time to get the windshield and side windows, lower bomber windows, and engine areas right.

Much left to do on that cockpit windows/windscreen area right. I have been around that area 100's of times trying to rectify differences between the top and side views and the pictures I have. Very painstaking work but will be worth it in the end.

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 07:37
The intricate work around all these windows is time consuming. Very important to get all the posts and framework precisely the same width and clean up after it's done. It will require alot more yet to get the top and front windows done.

Jagdflieger
September 7th, 2012, 08:09
Yikes! That's some detailed work.

Blackbird686
September 7th, 2012, 08:18
Very important to get all the posts and framework precisely the same width and clean up after it's done. It will require alot more yet to get the top and front windows done.

Well, if anyone could do a precise job on that sort of thing, it's you... Milton. Your work speaks for itself :guinness:. By the way, once the CANT.Z project comes full circle, I plan to take my copy and tour Europe with it. No need to rent a flat, or a room at a hotel, I'll just live inside that monster of an airplane until the tour is over... :salute:

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2012, 10:27
lovely work Milton! makes me want to jump back into my Meteor work, despite the doc telling me to not do anything that could trigger eye-strain :icon_lol:

really looking forwards to this thing! she's a beauty! :jump:

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 12:12
Ahhh, got the basic frame structure completed. Now for some cleanup before adding the windows back in and freeing up the hatches, all 4 of them. :-)

lemonadedrinker
September 7th, 2012, 12:39
HI,

Looking astounding!

Andy.

Milton Shupe
September 7th, 2012, 12:56
Thanks. Got the glass in and mapped. Now for the 4 hatches. :-)

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2012, 15:01
ooooh! looking really nice now! fantastic work... really shows the beauty of that 'Aviation Art Deco' period.... :salute:

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 12:13
Progress continues on the really painstaking parts. I intend to complete the fuselage before moving on to the wings and tails.

Matt Wynn
September 8th, 2012, 12:54
it looks absolutely fantastic Milton! a work of art.... starting to really shape up now

TuFun
September 8th, 2012, 13:16
^ What Matt said, work of art!

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 14:52
it looks absolutely fantastic Milton! a work of art.... starting to really shape up now

Thanks, now moving on to easier stuff. Bomb bay doors are in and the rear gunner portal. :-)

Duckie
September 8th, 2012, 17:53
Milton, you are an Iron Man on a mission!! And I (we all) love it. :icon_lol:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 18:23
Milton, you are an Iron Man on a mission!! And I (we all) love it. :icon_lol:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well, thank you Duckie (et al) for the nice comments. This is a challenging but fun aircraft to do so it needs some "special attention".

Right now I am focusing on 12 cowl flaps, the outsides of them and about ready to do the inner 12 sides, then link and animate them all.

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 19:43
Flaps done, actually 11 of them; 11 inner sides, 11 links, 11 pivots, 11 animations, 3 hours, tedious process, but fun to get it done.
:jump:
I set them to open at 20 degrees. Might be a touch strong with the way the fuse nose is shaped to allow for lots of air flow behind that huge exhaust header.

Milton Shupe
September 8th, 2012, 20:37
Looking for pictures of the Piaggio P.XI Italian 14-cylinder engine for use as an engine texture. Any assistance appreciated.

Also would like more technical data for the flight model development:

Compression ratio, operating RPM ranges(rated power max/takeoff/cruise), MAP takeoff and cruise, cylinder displacement, any boost mechanisms, fuel consumption, etc.

Hurricane91
September 9th, 2012, 04:21
Looking for pictures of the Piaggio P.XI...

Not centered but best so far...

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trento-museo_Gianni_Caproni-motore_Piaggio.jpg

Hurricane91
September 9th, 2012, 04:51
The Piaggio XI was a licensed version of the Gnome-Rhône 14K Mistral Major.

Similar...
IAR 14K

Piaggio P.XII

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 05:11
The Piaggio XI was a licensed version of the Gnome-Rhône 14K Mistral Major.

Similar...
IAR 14K

Piaggio P.XII

WooooHooooo! Excellent find! :applause:

And, it yields the technical data needed for teh engine and FM. :-)

General characteristics

Type: Fourteen-cylinder two-row air-cooled radial engine (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Radial_engine)
Bore: 146 mm (5.75 in)
Stroke: 165 mm (6.5 in)
Displacement: 38.72 l (2,363 in³)
Diameter: 1,296 mm (51.02 in)
Dry weight: 540 kg (1,190 lb)

Components

Valvetrain (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Valvetrain): Overhead valves (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Overhead_valve)
Supercharger (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Supercharger): Single-speed centrifugal type supercharger (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Centrifugal_type_supercharger)
Fuel system: Stromberg carburetor (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Carburetor)
Fuel type: 87 octane rating (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Octane_rating) gasoline (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Gasoline)
Cooling system: Air-cooled
Reduction gear (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Propeller_speed_reduction_unit): 2:3

Performance

Power output:

743 kW (996 hp) at 2,390 rpm for takeoff
821 kW (1,100 hp) at 2,390 rpm at 2,600 m (8,530 ft)

Specific power (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Power_density): 21.23 kW/l (0.47 hp/in³)
Compression ratio (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Compression_ratio): 5.5:1
Specific fuel consumption (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Brake_specific_fuel_consumption): 328 g/(kW•h) (0.54 lb/(hp•h))
Oil consumption: 20 g/(kW•h) (0.53 oz/(hp•h))
Power-to-weight ratio (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/wiki/Power-to-weight_ratio): 1.52 kW/kg (0.92 hp/lb)

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 07:19
I have the major work on the fuselage now completed with all openings, glass, doors and animations done.

Matt Wynn
September 9th, 2012, 07:21
wow! i can't wait for my brushes to get going on that :jump: she looks absolutely stunning Milton! just... wow!

Milton Shupe
September 9th, 2012, 08:16
These aircraft when setup for nocturnal ops received "attinic" (actinic) night lighting as well as exhaust flame dampers (ineffectively as the exhausts glowed red anyhow).

My question is what color would that "attinic" lighting be? Blue?

Blackbird686
September 9th, 2012, 08:26
[QUOTE=My question is what color would that "attinic" lighting be? Blue?[/QUOTE]

Yes, from the pics I've seen actinic lights are a blue/aquamarine colour. I will provide examples as soon as I find some good ones.

lemonadedrinker
September 9th, 2012, 08:44
hi,

actinic light is in the blue /uv end of the spectrum. I didn't know that, I just looked on the web:applause:!! Although years ago doing photography I used to use uv tubes to expose images, so I guess I did kinda know but forgot!

Andy.

Milton Shupe
September 10th, 2012, 20:02
This is how I spent my whole day Monday. :wiggle: Happy to have this done, and proud of the results. Now, on to the wings. :jump:

Matt Wynn
September 11th, 2012, 00:09
nice? they're un-be-frigging-lievably beautiful! :jump::salute:

*Runs back to Harpoon Paint shed to finish the internal textures and prepare for the next arrival when it's ready*

Milton Shupe
September 11th, 2012, 18:09
LOL Matt :applause: Good focus. :-)

Well, today my focus was on wings, flaps and ailerons. Basics now in place.

Ready for the outboard engines. :jump:

fliger747
September 11th, 2012, 19:27
Pretty subsatntial single.......

T

PeteHam
September 11th, 2012, 23:23

T

Could always whack a 4360 on the front :icon_lol:

Love the speed of your work Milton :applause:

Pete.

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2012, 06:49

T

Ha! Try this ...

lemonadedrinker
September 12th, 2012, 07:00
Hi,

There are so many amazing airplanes coming down the runway straight at us:jump::isadizzy:

Brilliant work by everyone involved :applause::applause::applause:

Andy.

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2012, 08:21
I agree ... and hopefully this will be one of them

Got the engine cowls and nacelles, gear doors and flaps in place and animated.

Now for some engines and props :jump:

Matt Wynn
September 12th, 2012, 09:42
wow! she looks stunning! always have had a soft spot for things with 3 engines.... Ford Tri-Motor, Ju-52, L-1011, DC-10, MD-11, 727....

absolutely beautiful craftsmanship Milton, on a side Note Harpoon has roughly 1 more mornings work left on the internals :salute:

TuFun
September 12th, 2012, 10:56
Fantastic modeling Milton!!!

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2012, 16:40
Thanks; we now have engines, props, new hubs and spinners. :jump:

t.creed
September 12th, 2012, 16:45
:applause::applause: another beauty !!! amazing work Milton..!!

rgds
t creed

hawkeye52
September 12th, 2012, 18:02
Amazing work, Mr. Shupe. And so quickly! :medals:

- H52

:icon_lol: OMG! Did I just say "amazing"???

-

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2012, 18:08
Thanks y'all :-)

What's more amazing is that I exported her to the sim for a checkout and taxi test and next thing I knew, I was in the air. :wiggle:

So, thought I would do a couple screen grabs for ya before I get back to finishing out the rest of the prop work.

Milton Shupe
September 12th, 2012, 20:47
Wednesday, a good day for progress for engines, nacelles, props ,temporary gear, and a first successful export to the sim. :jump:

Matt Wynn
September 12th, 2012, 22:20
:icon_lol: OMG! Did I just say "amazing"???
-

i'm more shocked you said "OMG" than Amazing :icon_lol:

but WOWEE! she sure is a beauty... excellent timing too Milton, i should finish Harpoon today... gives me about a week off (if you don't let up in pace!) if i do before i plunge nose deep into this thing.... :jump:

nigel richards
September 12th, 2012, 23:21
Thanks y'all :-)

What's more amazing is that I exported her to the sim for a checkout and taxi test and next thing I knew, I was in the air. :wiggle:

So, thought I would do a couple screen grabs for ya before I get back to finishing out the rest of the prop work.

Well, Milton - one thing kind of nicely leads to another...

Exceptional progress, these links may prove inspirational (not that you need much of that - busy inspiring us all):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkHfUoWQyVg

nice float version walk around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4irFqyu27M

Ferry_vO
September 13th, 2012, 02:09
Amazing progress once again, Milton! :applause:

Found a few maybe helpful photos on the net:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/Piaggio-P_XI.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/Trento-museo_Gianni_Caproni-motore_Piaggio.jpg
This one I have saved in a much bigger size, almost 4Mb. If you need it I can email it to you.

Couldn't find this one is a bigger format sadly :

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/cantz1007alcionebiscopi.jpg

And some interior shots; interesting how the co-pilot sits directly behind the captain!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/cddfhfjgf.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/100720e.jpg

In colour!:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/PILOTI-CZ1007.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Vliegtuigen/z_1007bis20cockpit.jpg

Moses03
September 13th, 2012, 04:38
Wednesday, a good day for progress for engines, nacelles, props ,temporary gear, and a first successful export to the sim. :jump:

Looking great Milton.

Blackbird686
September 13th, 2012, 05:03

Ah HA! So you were the one who stole the tires off of my good ol' "Grizzly"...:icon_lol: Somehow I think Nigel is behind this little stunt. He is always "Pinchin' me Flag"...lol.

This one is really starting to come along nicely, sir. :salute:

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 06:14
Ah HA! So you were the one who stole the tires off of my good ol' "Grizzly"...:icon_lol: Somehow I think Nigel is behind this little stunt. He is always "Pinchin' me Flag"...lol.

This one is really starting to come along nicely, sir. :salute:

LOL uh, borrowed to use for testing while I construct the new ones, piece by piece, all custom work sir. That will take a day or two.

Matt Wynn
September 13th, 2012, 07:07
"Psst Nigel.... here ya go.... :USA-flag:"

wow that's an elaborate gear system for it's time!

Ferry_vO
September 13th, 2012, 07:21
Doesn't appear that different from a DC-2 or DC-3 at first glance.

(Not that I could model it though!)

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 07:42
Doesn't appear that different from a DC-2 or DC-3 at first glance.

(Not that I could model it though!)

That was my thought as well initially Ferry.

The only things I do not have a really good picture, diagram, and specs of on this are the wheel and tire.
If anyone has something that would help, I would be most appreciative.

EDIT: Nevermind on that request. It was just a matter of focusing on the specific need to find the necessary data. :-)

Hurricane91
September 13th, 2012, 08:57
You have some great reference material Milton.

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 09:38
You have some great reference material Milton.

It's part of the many benefits of doing a community-involved and -aware project. People like to be involved and be part of these projects and we all benefit from that participation with more engaged members and better quality projects. I do this not for the kudos but for the spirit of community activity and participation. It's just plain fun. :jump:

hawkeye52
September 13th, 2012, 11:29
.....taxi test and next thing I knew, I was in the air.

Shades of Howard Hughes!! :icon_lol:

- H52

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 15:27
I think I have about got the left main gear molded into shape. :-)

A little more and I can clone and adjust for the right side.

Milton Shupe
September 13th, 2012, 16:37
Okay, all gear in place and animated. Now for general tweaking of all the animations and start work on the details that need to get done before mapping.

Not sure this aircraft had visible brake lines etc so will have to tweak that as I run across it.

Blackbird686
September 14th, 2012, 07:51
What a BEAST!! It appears that plane is putting some serious weight on the tires, which looks very realistic. The detailing of the landing gear struts is very nice, I like the "fenders" on the gear too. Excellent progress so far!:guinness:

P.S. You still owe me a set of tires for my Grizzly, Milton.:icon_lol:

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 10:34
Beast! Yes! Fenders! Awesome! :-)

Decided to eliminate the brake lines and the scissors (no need for scissors on this main gear type).

Saved a lot of polys and animations. :-)

shaggy
September 14th, 2012, 11:22
I have a fiancéeand a son, but I must say. I love you Milton. You are a friggin Poly Pixel Ninja !!! Can´t wait for this one to be finished. When you have time over some day I would beg you to consider building one of all swedish classics out there. Maybe try your luck with a Cold War Jet ;) .

Love the work Milton, and if there is anything I can do then just give me a shout!

SALUTE!!

Sascha66
September 14th, 2012, 11:38

Decided to eliminate the brake lines and the scissors (no need for scissors on this main gear type).

Looks awesome! But the gear looks strangely small now ...

Yossarian1943
September 14th, 2012, 11:41
:applause:Milton, the wizzard of SOH. :applause:

Blackbird686
September 14th, 2012, 11:43

The real plane didn't have "sissored" gear struts anyhow.... judging from pics on the first page of this thread.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 12:13
Looks awesome! But the gear looks strangely small now ...

LOL Well, they are exactly to the 3-view, however I have not verified the size to the specs listed above. I will do that.

Thanks

EDIT: Just verified tire width and height. Tread Width right on, sidewall height a little shy as the 3-view wheel has a larger diameter than the wheel shown in the drawing I posted on page two.

Overall tire height is righth on the 1260 number.

The gear struts and braces I have no (diameter/circumference) dimensions for so they are made to the 3-view.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 12:14
I have a fiancéeand a son, but I must say. I love you Milton. You are a friggin Poly Pixel Ninja !!! Can´t wait for this one to be finished. When you have time over some day I would beg you to consider building one of all swedish classics out there. Maybe try your luck with a Cold War Jet ;) .

Love the work Milton, and if there is anything I can do then just give me a shout!

SALUTE!!

LOL My wife got a kick out pf your comments. :-)

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 12:15
The real plane didn't have "sissored" gear struts anyhow.... judging from pics on the first page of this thread.

Yes, that is what I noticed too, and I do not believe a double strut gear needs them anyhow.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 12:41
The best I can determine, the tires on this aircraft had no tread, almost like ballon tires. Can anyone tell me different, or if maybe some did, some did not have tread based on where they operated from ... ground/grass, or hard surfaced runways.
In the videos posted above, there wasn't alot of suspension action, but there was a lot of tires shown absorbing ground shock. I appreciate your opinions and observations.

Henry
September 14th, 2012, 13:02
I think I will add this one to the list.

The color photo is actually a hand-constructed model.

Can you guess who sent the details of this aircraft to me? :-)

I have this on the shelf but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

A real challenge, but not without a lot of fun. :-)

Maybe after the Avia 57, Dash 7, XP47J, Harpoon, and Lodestar.OH,NO!:costum:Iallways miss theGREAT STUFF:kilroy:IM givin up cussin, for lent:santahat::stop:THANKS MILT:ernae::ernae:AICH:cowboy::isadizzy:

lemonadedrinker
September 14th, 2012, 13:39
Hi,
I came across this Japanese site with some unclear pictures of the airplane

Im having a spot of pother to get the pics in the right place:isadizzy:

but there we are!

Andy.

There seem to be all sorts of tyres...smooth, ribbed and with treads as well.

I realize the 2 pics side by side are different planes but the tyres look a bit similar to the ones in the pic on the left which is a CANT Z1007

A.

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 16:09
OH,NO!:costum:Iallways miss theGREAT STUFF:kilroy:IM givin up cussin, for lent:santahat::stop:THANKS MILT:ernae::ernae:AICH:cowboy::isadizzy:

LOL Henry. You are giving up "cussin'" again???? Wow!!!!

Milton Shupe
September 14th, 2012, 16:12
Hi,
I came across this Japanese site with some unclear pictures of the airplane

Im having a spot of pother to get the pics in the right place:isadizzy:

but there we are!

Andy.

There seem to be all sorts of tyres...smooth, ribbed and with treads as well.

I realize the 2 pics side by side are different planes but the tyres look a bit similar to the ones in the pic on the left which is a CANT Z1007

A.

Thank you for that research. That's what I am finding as well. I think I will use a basic tread like the 2nd picture.

mvg3d
September 17th, 2012, 01:56
Thank you for that research. That's what I am finding as well. I think I will use a basic tread like the 2nd picture.

Hi Milton,
Today I'm back at office.
The model seems to be BEAUTIFUL !!!! I hope You'll make also the single rudder version.....
I think it will be better You use the "slick" tyres (Balloons, no thread) , I find no evidence for the "cross" type and, rarely the other one.

mazdarodi
September 17th, 2012, 02:56
Did you not read this: "Maybe after the Avia 57, Dash 7, XP47J, Harpoon, and Lodestar."

The projects will be finished in that order.

YEAH BOY!!! WHOOHOO!! :icon30:The XP-47J!!!! I can't wait!! I've been looking forward to that one projects completion for quite a while! I hope you don't get tired of hearing this Milton, but we all love your work. I hope someday after I get a few big projects of my own out of the way that I could be an asset to the SOH flight simulation community in some way. You're an inspiration to us all! Thank you so much.:salute:

harrybasset
September 19th, 2012, 07:38
There is a new release on FlightSim.Com described as:

CRDA CANT Z.1007bis Alcione, 

I have downloaded it but not yet had time to look at it in great detail or fly it.

Milton Shupe
September 19th, 2012, 07:52
There is a new release on FlightSim.Com described as:

CRDA CANT Z.1007bis Alcione, 

I have downloaded it but not yet had time to look at it in great detail or fly it.

Hey, that's great! The more the merrier. Nothing wrong with choices. I'll give it a look. :jump:

stuartcox
September 19th, 2012, 09:35
Hey, that's great! The more the merrier. Nothing wrong with choices. I'll give it a look. :jump:

No need to go that far - it was uploaded here at the Outhouse first... :salute:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=6&linkid=14453

An F.Giuli model, but somehow, I don't quite know how to say this, a bit unfinished.
It needs some serious corrections on the alpha channels and fde (it's literally impossible to fly). There are also missing textures for the canopy, could get very draughty...
I don't think this was actually intended for fs9, but overall it has some great potential!

Stuart

Edit: I've sorted all the issues mentioned above, apart from the missing perspex texture.
A great flyer and ext. model, but still reminds me of cfs2.

Milton Shupe
September 19th, 2012, 10:19
Yes, I looked at it.

I look forward to providing an alternative. As I said, you can't have too many options, and I am enjoying doing this one.

Milton Shupe
September 24th, 2012, 18:35
Mvg3d mentioned that the props were not correct. He sent a proper manual on the props and it was a great help.

I have totally redone the prop blades for proper shape, length, and direction of rotation.

Thank you Mvg3d. :applause:

Milton Shupe
October 4th, 2012, 16:16
Spent the whole day focused on cutting in the top hatches and redoing the inner framework. Hmmph! Still not done but making progress.

Also had to redo the props as I had not noticed that the port engine turned opposite the other two.

But, making progress. :-)

Hurricane91
October 4th, 2012, 17:12
Spent the whole day focused on cutting in the top hatches and redoing the inner framework.

Very nice work Milton.

mvg3d
October 4th, 2012, 23:35
Spent the whole day focused on cutting in the top hatches and redoing the inner framework. Hmmph! Still not done but making progress.

Also had to redo the props as I had not noticed that the port engine turned opposite the other two.

But, making progress. :-)

Hi Milton,
:applause::applause::applause::applause:
Remember that these hatches were ONLY for emergency exit (made for pilots escape with parachute), not for normally use. Do You think to make also animated side (right & left) sliding windows ?
I'm waiting for the Caproni-Lanciani turret !!!! :icon_lol:

Milton Shupe
October 5th, 2012, 05:15
Hi Milton,
:applause::applause::applause::applause:
Remember that these hatches were ONLY for emergency exit (made for pilots escape with parachute), not for normally use. Do You think to make also animated side (right & left) sliding windows ?
I'm waiting for the Caproni-Lanciani turret !!!! :icon_lol:

I guess my Italiano is not as good as I thought. :icon_lol: I thought they were for relief tube discharges.

Ah, yes, not worried about the turret; it is those sliding windows that have me concerned.
:wiggle:

Milton Shupe
October 7th, 2012, 09:36
This weekend so far, I have the belly gunners windows split and animated to open so the MG can drop down.

I have the oil cooler vents done in the wings.

I have the bombers bay constructed and animated.

I am trying to get the landing lights and the turret in by tonight.

Milton Shupe
October 7th, 2012, 19:29
Well, no turret yet, but I got the landing lights, bomb racks on the wings, gear bays, and bombay enclosure done. And, swapped tires for some more appropriate for this aircraft (thanks Tacko_Kichi :-)

Antennas, wind generator, engine exhaust headers are up next.

PeteHam
October 7th, 2012, 20:29
Looking great Milton :applause: :applause:

Pete.

Blackbird686
October 8th, 2012, 14:31
The Beast Lives!! :isadizzy: Looking good so far, Milton. :guinness: By the way, sir... thanks for returning the tires for my Grizzly! lol! ;~}

Milton Shupe
October 9th, 2012, 08:06
LOL Thanks guys :-)

Okay, home stretch now.

Manuele laughed about having to do the turret. Rightly so I guess. Interesting piece of hardware there.

Pitot and engine exhaust headers done too but not yet happy with the exhausts shape just yet.

EDIT: Okay, I have the turret animations the way I want them.

Hurricane91
October 9th, 2012, 11:57
Exquisite details Milton. :o)

Milton Shupe
October 9th, 2012, 13:27
Thanks HC91 ... well, I think I have to get some belly guns in the rear and animate them with the windows opening now and hopefully I can then work on the flight model.

Milton Shupe
October 9th, 2012, 20:30
Oh, I forgot the sliding windows. :kilroy:

Well, I kind of burned out on modeling the details today so I started on the flight model. After 7 hours, we have a sweet flying medium bomber. Feels heavy when full but she climbs out and flies to the numbers. Nice hand flyer so far. Still some minor tweaks but I am enjoying flying her now. :-)

mvg3d
October 10th, 2012, 00:26
Thanks HC91 ... well, I think I have to get some belly guns in the rear and animate them with the windows opening now and hopefully I can then work on the flight model.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

Milton Shupe
October 10th, 2012, 06:21
:applause:

I should have my part of this collaborative project done this week and will package it up for you.
Included will be the Gmax source of the exterior model including a basic interior shell for all parts, a few textures, the flight model and some basic docs. I look forward to your contributions on this one. :jump:

mvg3d
October 10th, 2012, 23:52
I should have my part of this collaborative project done this week and will package it up for you.
Included will be the Gmax source of the exterior model including a basic interior shell for all parts, a few textures, the flight model and some basic docs. I look forward to your contributions on this one. :jump:

Hi Milton,
OK, I'm working on the VC gauges.......
An answer for You: have You added also animated pilots ?

Milton Shupe
October 11th, 2012, 04:36
Hi Milton,
OK, I'm working on the VC gauges.......
An answer for You: have You added also animated pilots ?

Manuele,

I do not own a copyright to any good animated gmax pilots. If you have an appropriate Italian-clad pilot, I would be happy to animate it for you. The really nice ones I have used with permissions belong to Jan Visser (JAVIS). He really brings these pilots to life. :applause:

Meanwhile I hope to get the sliding windows and belly machine guns done today.

I'll look around to see if there is anything I can do regarding a pilot/copilot.

Milton Shupe
October 11th, 2012, 08:09
Belly machine gun created and animated with the opening of the MG windows.

Now for the sliding glass for the pilot.

magoo
October 11th, 2012, 08:15
With that greenhouse in the Medditerranian sun, I'm certain the pilot will be grateful!

Milton Shupe
October 11th, 2012, 08:31
With that greenhouse in the Medditerranian sun, I'm certain the pilot will be grateful!

Well from the looks of how these guys are dressed, heat was a problem, not enough of it.

But, I suppose in the summer, that overhead blanket sun-shield helped. :-)

mvg3d
October 11th, 2012, 22:52
Well from the looks of how these guys are dressed, heat was a problem, not enough of it.

But, I suppose in the summer, that overhead blanket sun-shield helped. :-)

Hi Milton,
Please note that this picture was taken from a Cant.Z 506 (the famous trimotor floatplane, also known as the Italian Catalina), not from a '1007, the internal disposition was different.
The panel, the commands on the right sidewall and the cockpit frame were slightly different.

I contacted Stefano Meneghini (the author of Fiat G.12, SIAI SM.73 and SIAI SM.81), he'll be very happy to collaborate with me for the gauges and, eventually for the 2D panel.

Milton Shupe
October 12th, 2012, 05:36
Hi Milton,
Please note that this picture was taken from a Cant.Z 506 (the famous trimotor floatplane, also known as the Italian Catalina), not from a '1007, the internal disposition was different.
The panel, the commands on the right sidewall and the cockpit frame were slightly different.

I contacted Stefano Meneghini (the author of Fiat G.12, SIAI SM.73 and SIAI SM.81), he'll be very happy to collaborate with me for the gauges and, eventually for the 2D panel.

Ah, okay. The picture was standalone and not identified as such. Thank fo r pointing that out.

Here is another picture but without pilots.

Great to hear that Stefano will assist with the gauges; no need to reinvent the wheels here. :applause:

Milton Shupe
October 12th, 2012, 18:22
I have completed the exterior model. I am very happy with how it looks and feels. There are many animations, lots of fun stuff in this aircraft, and I feel good about passing it on the Manuele.

Attached are some parting shots. She is, I might say .... sexy. :-) :jump:

I will package her up tonight to ship off to the MVG3D. I look forward to his contributions to this project. Go Manuele. :applause:

While he receives this, I will add a single tail version and ship it off later.

Hurricane91
October 12th, 2012, 18:49
She is, I might say .... sexy.

And how!
And thanks for considering the Monoderiva.

wbuchart
October 13th, 2012, 13:59
As much as I like the Harpoon, in some ways this bird looks meaner than a harpoon on steroids.

And yes, it is very sexy looking, but then Milton could probably model a dead opossum and have it come out sexy....:icon_lol:

Blackbird686
October 14th, 2012, 12:33
Milton -- You really have captured the "look" of the CANT Z.1007, especially in that first pic in your latest post. A sinister beast of an aeroplane. Very nice! :applause:

Milton Shupe
October 15th, 2012, 07:39
As much as I like the Harpoon, in some ways this bird looks meaner than a harpoon on steroids.

And yes, it is very sexy looking, but then Milton could probably model a dead opossum and have it come out sexy....:icon_lol:

Really? Well, maybe to a hungry female possum.... or buzzard :-)

Milton Shupe
October 15th, 2012, 07:41
Milton -- You really have captured the "look" of the CANT Z.1007, especially in that first pic in your latest post. A sinister beast of an aeroplane. Very nice! :applause:

Thank you BB686. I really do like her design, and that is why I chose to model it.

Manuele has asked that I map it for textures so I guess I am not quite done with it yet.
At least gives me a chance to catch any mesh errors before I do the single tail version.

Milton Shupe
October 15th, 2012, 18:16
I now have all the major body parts mapped for textures. Only the little stuff remains.

SPman
October 15th, 2012, 22:05
Looking good Milt!

(wish I could do that...damn your talented hands....:salute:)

gman5250
October 15th, 2012, 22:49
The Italian birds all had that same kind of homely, but wouldn't you like to take her out just once kind of look. I've been longing for one of the WWII Italian bombers to work with. I can't wait to see this one fly Milton. This is a great looking project.
:salute:

Milton Shupe
October 17th, 2012, 19:53
LOL guys; thank you. All the goodies have been sent to Manuele. Now, I will try to finish off the single tail model so I can get back to the Dash 7 and Harpoon.

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2012, 09:52
And how!
And thanks for considering the Monoderiva.

Indeed, an essential aircraft in the design progression.

Ready for shipment to Manuele.

Sascha66
October 18th, 2012, 10:59
I have completed the exterior model. I am very happy with how it looks and feels. There are many animations, lots of fun stuff in this aircraft, and I feel good about passing it on the Manuele.

Attached are some parting shots. She is, I might say .... sexy. :-) :jump:

I will package her up tonight to ship off to the MVG3D. I look forward to his contributions to this project. Go Manuele. :applause:

While he receives this, I will add a single tail version and ship it off later.

Woohoo, that is one BIG BEAST!:applause::applause::applause:

Hurricane91
October 18th, 2012, 15:37
Indeed, an essential aircraft in the design progression.

Absolutely. Two in a series of thoroughbreds. Looks marvelous Milton.

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2012, 18:02
Thanks. Just completed the final touches with the htail supports and now uploading for Manuele.

mvg3d
November 5th, 2012, 02:51
Hi Friends,
This is the first image of the VC panel I'm making.....

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w240/mvg3d/1007/1007_PANEL_VC_WIP_01.jpg

Milton Shupe
November 5th, 2012, 03:16
Thanks for sharing progress pics. That is looking great Manuele! :applause:

Blackbird686
November 5th, 2012, 03:43
Hi Friends,
This is the first image of the VC panel I'm making.....

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w240/mvg3d/1007/1007_PANEL_VC_WIP_01.jpg

Looks great so far, Manuele! I have a turn and bank indicatoor sitting on my shelf in the den that LOOKS JUST LIKE the one on that panel, I kid you not!! Hmmm...
(Runs down to the den to check and make sure it's still sittin' on the shelf.) :icon_lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Milton Shupe
January 1st, 2013, 09:55
*BUMP* for an Update Manuele :wiggle:

mvg3d
January 3rd, 2013, 02:05
*BUMP* for an Update Manuele :wiggle:

Hi Milton,
After the Christmas holydays i'm now at office.....
I'm still working on the base GMax external model, simplifying hierarchies and animations (for better results I prefer to use keyframe animations instead stock animation names You used), I completely remodelled and remapped the landing gear, now with right shape, animation and pivot points, the "blurred" props also will require a "revision". I'm also attempting to improve to reduce the basic txt number remapping all the small external components (prop hubs, actuators, etc.). Unfortunately, I'm working during pauses......

Milton Shupe
January 3rd, 2013, 03:48
Hi Milton,
After the Christmas holydays i'm now at office.....
I'm still working on the base GMax external model, simplifying hierarchies and animations (for better results I prefer to use keyframe animations instead stock animation names You used), I completely remodelled and remapped the landing gear, now with right shape, animation and pivot points, the "blurred" props also will require a "revision". I'm also attempting to improve to reduce the basic txt number remapping all the small external components (prop hubs, actuators, etc.). Unfortunately, I'm working during pauses......

Ewwww, that hurts! LOL Having a little trouble reading the gratitude between the lines there Manuele. :salute:

Sounds like you are making it your own ... that's good!

mvg3d
January 3rd, 2013, 23:35
Hello Milton,
Absolutely it never was in my intention to make "mine" your '1007, I'm 'just trying to adapt your model to my "standard", as I did in the past, with all the Italianwings's CFS3 aircraft. All the modifications I'm making now are useful for me for continue to work more easily on YOUR beautiful "Alcione".

:icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29:

mav
January 4th, 2013, 01:21
Hello Milton,
Absolutely it never was in my intention to make "mine" your '1007, I'm 'just trying to adapt your model to my "standard", as I did in the past, with all the Italianwings's CFS3 aircraft. All the modifications I'm making now are useful for me for continue to work more easily on YOUR beautiful "Alcione".

Hi mvgd3.

Well & good i guess... but a little "unexpected" ,to go change & rearrange things!

Milton Shupe
January 4th, 2013, 03:06
Hello Milton,

Ah, Manuele, you misunderstand my friend. You are doing exactly what I want you to do; put your "marK" on it; make it into your creation so that you are comfortable with it. I did this for you as a starting point; I expected it to be molded to your liking. It is now yours as a foundation to create a finished product. Change, improve, build and make realistic. I really look forward to the end result.

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2013, 07:57
Wow! A new plane by more than one "master" of three-D modeling. The conspiracy between you two promises a real beauty.

Blackbird686
January 4th, 2013, 08:15
Wow! A new plane by more than one "master" of three-D modeling. The conspiracy between you two promises a real beauty.

Hear, Here!! :guinness:

kikas
January 24th, 2013, 08:21
Bump :jump:
Any news?

Blackbird686
January 24th, 2013, 10:16
Last thing I heard was that Milton had sent the models to Mauele Villa, who is working on the 3D Cockpit and gauges for it. But that has been some time ago.

FentiFlier1
January 24th, 2013, 10:24
I bet this is going to come out of the MVG Works looking bellissima like the Macchi, we just need to wait.

I think this is one of the greatest aspects of flight simulation: "reviving" long-gone aircraft such as this one!

Owen.

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2013, 13:11
It is in the hands of MVG. Manuele Villa will post an update when progress is worthy of reporting.

Milton Shupe
July 21st, 2013, 07:14
A Friendly Bump for a status check on this very interesting aircraft

Blackbird686
July 21st, 2013, 07:27
I was thinking about this plane just yesterday.... wondering what the stats were on it's development. That, along with the S2-T.

mvg3d
July 23rd, 2013, 02:20
It is in the hands of MVG. Manuele Villa will post an update when progress is worthy of reporting.

Hi Friends,
I just sent the (VEEEERY) beta release of Z.1007 to Milton (for comments and eventually cfg adjustments) and to Stefano Meneghini (for some new gauges).
I'm now at office and, unfortunately, I cannot submit screenshots and further comments, I hope Milton will do that for me ......

This is the message I sent them both :
<<HI FRIENDS,
I SEND YOU BOTH (MILTON & STEFANO) THE Z1007 IN (VEEERY) BETA RELEASE.
FOR MILTON :
HI MILTON
OBVIOUSLY IT STILL NEEDS A LOT OF WORK !!!!!
THINGS I MODIFIED IN YOUR ORIGINAL MODEL:
A – COMPLETE REMAPPING
B – DETAILS (MAAAANY)
THINGS I ADDED :
MAAANY…..
PLEASE, SUBMIT SOME COMMENTS AND, IF YOU WANT, SOME SCREENSHOTS TO THE SOH FORUM, I’M AT OFFICE AND I CANNOT DO IT.
THANK YOU VEEERY MUCH !!!!
I’LL BE AT OFFICE UNTIL 31/7, AND I’LL BACK ON 2/9.>>

Jagdflieger
July 23rd, 2013, 02:33
Great! I'm sure looking forward to some flights around the Med in this thoroughbred bomber.

Milton Shupe
July 24th, 2013, 16:07
Just got the CANT Z.1007 installed from Manuele and doing general testing. Excellent textures and animations all around. Good start on the VC too :-) :applause:

stuartcox
July 25th, 2013, 00:24
Despite being one of the ugliest aircraft ever built, she looks extremely pretty!
You are both doing a fantastic job on this project. Very interesting and much underestimated.
Looking forward to the follow-ups...

Stuart

Sascha66
July 25th, 2013, 00:47
That plane is an absolute monster! It will be a stunning FS model, one can already see that. I am a great fan of you both, Milton and Manuele - thank you once again for another milestone shaping up!

Sascha

Blackbird686
July 25th, 2013, 05:04
What a magnificent BEAST!!! :isadizzy: LOL!!! She's shaping up nicely, Milton.:medals:

Hurricane91
July 25th, 2013, 07:35
Just got the CANT Z.1007 installed from Manuele and doing general testing. Excellent textures and animations all around. Good start on the VC too :-) :applause:

Ooohhh my! Thanks for the updates Milton and Manuele. It's a beauty.

Moses03
July 25th, 2013, 08:43
Looks great! :applause:

Sundog
July 25th, 2013, 14:28
Holy Cra..Wow!!! That looks awesome. Thanks for all of the hard work so far and the preview pics. :)

italflyer
August 3rd, 2013, 11:17
Just back from hollidays, and voilá: new pictures! And great ones too!

Thanks a lot!

Milton Shupe
September 27th, 2013, 15:35
Manuele continues to make progress on the CANT 1007 cockpit; looking suwheet!

No progress on the Mono yet. Patience :-)

mav
September 27th, 2013, 18:21

No progress on the Mono yet. Patience :-)

yep, kinda looks like you're there... will look nice in the fs9, but .............. way much better in the cfs2,like the rest of em!!!! :cool:

One thing bout Manuel's models, absolutely brilliantly detailed and easy on F/R a combination you rarely get with such work!!! :applause:

CheerZ mav

Milton Shupe
September 27th, 2013, 19:14
yep, kinda looks like you're there... will look nice in the fs9, but .............. way much better in the cfs2,like the rest of em!!!! :cool:

One thing bout Manuel's models, absolutely brilliantly detailed and easy on F/R a combination you rarely get with such work!!! :applause:

CheerZ mav

I agree, however, in this case, I did the modeling, but Manuele work makes them real and usable. His work is outstanding. :-)

mav
September 27th, 2013, 19:56
I agree, however, in this case, I did the modeling, but Manuele work makes them real and usable. His work is outstanding. :-)

Yeh, sorry Milton... should of stated that.... while on subject of real and usable, remember this one??? it's in the cfs2 of coarse with working VC(like there's any other sim...LOL) ... still haven't finished ,i'm planning to scasmLoD (multiLoD,but done in scasm)it shortly

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9200/10yr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/10yr.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6648/7j0v.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/7j0v.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

CheerZ mav

mav
September 27th, 2013, 21:34
I should have been more clearer in my answer, but i was referring to Manuele's earlier models... i've only just recently ( a month or so)discovered em the 1st was the AerMacchi C.202 FOLGORE and thru that i ended up D/Ling the rest... i thought ,these are kinda good... was wondering why nobody's ported these to the cfs2... guess the ani's thing then the contact points, cos when they get ported over the surfaces have to be unfrozen and contact points restored... was a little challenging for a while, i'm accustomed to the frozen surfaces ,easy fix, but the contact points was new to me and took some time... to figure out in scasm, once edited the new bits in, and all was did and done, it was like it was made for the cfs2.

There's a little video i did of the C.202 in the cfs2 forum, just showing it can be ported over.... well i'm off i know this is the fs9 only part of the forum and i'm talking about cfs2(my bad). :wavey:

CheerZ mav

Moses03
November 7th, 2013, 13:17
Bump for the CANT 1007 project. :cool:

mvg3d
November 8th, 2013, 01:02
Hi Friends,
I'm still working on the VC, here are some WIP screenshots.....

lemonadedrinker
November 8th, 2013, 01:11
Hi,

Thank you for the update.....another beauty coming along :applause:

Andy.

misson
November 8th, 2013, 01:46

No progress on the Mono yet. Patience :-) wow!!!! too much time without being here, and amazing progress ! I can imagine it flying in cfs2 :mixedsmi:

misson
November 8th, 2013, 01:52
Hi Friends,

:salute::salute::salute::salute: Manuele... I`m still being fan of your work and italian machines! thank u!

Moses03
November 8th, 2013, 04:20
Fantastic Manuele. :salute:

Blackbird686
November 8th, 2013, 04:41
She's coming along very nicely, Manuele. Excellent screenies... what a magnificent monster this is shaping up to be! :medals:

Sascha66
November 8th, 2013, 06:21
Hi Friends,

Hi Manuele & Milton, this looks like another glorious classic shaping up! Could I make a request at this stage? In the screenshot above you can clearly see a VC window on the left from which it is almost impossible to look out of: Now this has never been a problem with your models but many superb freeware and even payware have been impossible from me to see out of because I fly only from the VC and transparency of windows was so reduced that I could hardly see where I was going:isadizzy:. My request is: Please don't go down that road with this model! I really would like to have this in my hangar!

Sascha

mvg3d
November 14th, 2013, 23:17
Hi Manuele & Milton, this looks like another glorious classic shaping up! Could I make a request at this stage? In the screenshot above you can clearly see a VC window on the left from which it is almost impossible to look out of: Now this has never been a problem with your models but many superb freeware and even payware have been impossible from me to see out of because I fly only from the VC and transparency of windows was so reduced that I could hardly see where I was going:isadizzy:. My request is: Please don't go down that road with this model! I really would like to have this in my hangar!

Sascha

Hi Sascha,
The window You can see in the screenshots is only a test I made for its animation using a generic transparent material, in the final release it will be different and similar to the other ones I made in the past ......
At this moment I'm making a completely new and more realistic cockpit frame...

:) :) :) :)

Sascha66
November 15th, 2013, 04:11
Hi Sascha,
The window You can see in the screenshots is only a test I made for its animation using a generic transparent material, in the final release it will be different and similar to the other ones I made in the past ......
At this moment I'm making a completely new and more realistic cockpit frame...

:) :) :) :)

I am happy to hear this, thank you! I am really looking forward to this release!

Sascha

huub vink
November 16th, 2013, 02:46
Its good to see this project is still moving forward. However I already start to worry as there are too many handles for me to operate! :D

Cheers,
Huub

mvg3d
April 1st, 2014, 01:24
Hi Friends,
Please excuse me for the loooong absence......
The package is almost finished, "Monoderiva" and "Bideriva" models are completed, VC also is complete and works OK, I'm still making some liveries and FSAviator is completing his work with FABULOUS hystoric and training manuals.......
Here are some screenshots :

mvg3d
April 1st, 2014, 01:26
....And these :

AndyG43
April 1st, 2014, 02:42
Looking real sweet Manuele.

gaucho_59
April 1st, 2014, 04:29
....And these :

loosely... especially the VC... which hangs together very nicely!
I prefer 2D panels as "feeling" more real... but this VC is really getting there...
Wish there were a way to correct the exaggerated "wide angle lens" or
"fishbowl" effect... Kudos to you!:icon29::applause::applause:

HorusJ
April 1st, 2014, 06:41
Wow Manuele! Beautiful!!!

FentiFlier1
April 1st, 2014, 06:54
Brilliant work, I had been looking forward to this! :applause:

Can't wait to fly it in fsx :encouragement:

Owen

Milton Shupe
April 1st, 2014, 07:53
Well, I can say you will not be disappointed. Manuele has created a masterpiece. Kudos on your awesome work Sir :applause: :italy:

I can find no issues in the beta at this time so it must be seriously close to "Gold". :jump:

phrog_phixer
April 1st, 2014, 08:31
Simply...WOW!:jump:

Blackbird686
April 1st, 2014, 08:43
Those are some excellent screens, and judging from that... she's a real beauty of a "beast", Milton. I'm glad to see this project has finally gotten closer to completion. Excellent work on both yours and Manuele's part.

BB686

Sascha66
April 1st, 2014, 10:14
A masterpeice - nothing more, nothing less!

Sascha

lemonadedrinker
April 1st, 2014, 10:46
Hi,
Another beauty from Manuele and you, Milton, as well I think?:applause::applause:

And with maybe Historical background and how to fly this airplane (properly) from FSAviator, it'll almost be like really being there!

Andy.

Milton Shupe
April 1st, 2014, 12:57
Hi,
Another beauty from Manuele and you, Milton, as well I think?:applause::applause:

And with maybe Historical background and how to fly this airplane (properly) from FSAviator, it'll almost be like really being there!

Andy.

Thanks Andy et al :-)

My part in this was small, just the initial exterior model and Manuele did some mods to that to improve on it. Manuele did the heavy lifting on this one; it's mostly all his work and FSAviator on the FM and historical docs that are extremely detailed and a great read. So, kudos to Manuele, his leadership and FSAviator to bring this one to the FS community. Excellent work :applause:

huub vink
April 1st, 2014, 13:14
Another master piece Manuele and thanks to all involved! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

Sundog
April 1st, 2014, 15:02
That is looking amazing. I really love the paint schemes on those WW2 Italian birds. Thanks for the previews and all of the hard work. :)

Sascha66
April 1st, 2014, 15:09
I have been so looking forward to this one - a big thank you for Manuele and Milton :applause::applause::applause::applause: for keeping the FS9 planes coming!

Sascha

Rallymodeller
April 1st, 2014, 16:11
I have never been disappointed with an MVG product. Totally looking forward to this.

That said, is it too late to ask for an unarmed postwar transport version?

Milton Shupe
April 1st, 2014, 20:11
I have been checking her out in FSX/SP2/ACCEL/DX9 and so far the only thing I see is the prop and windows could be a bit more transparent. :jump:

mvg3d
April 1st, 2014, 23:54
I have never been disappointed with an MVG product. Totally looking forward to this.

That said, is it too late to ask for an unarmed postwar transport version?

Hi Rally,
Unfortunately the unarmed postwar version (A.M.I./Aeronautica Militare Italiana) You suggest needs a lot of modification in both models (external and, principally, the VC) I cannot make at this time. Sorry.

mvg3d
April 1st, 2014, 23:59
I have been checking her out in FSX/SP2/ACCEL/DX9 and so far the only thing I see is the prop and windows could be a bit more transparent. :jump:

Hi Milton,
Thank You for Your comments......
FSAviator has, at this moment, a big problem with his PC (he lost many data in a recent crash) and this will create a delay in package release. I'm waiting for a message from him in order to resend the files he lost. However I'm making more liveries.........

:wavey::wavey:

lemonadedrinker
April 2nd, 2014, 00:38
Hi,

There is always the wonderful FIAT G12 to fly.....another Tri-motored powerhouse from the same Hangar :untroubled::adoration: !

Andy.

Milton Shupe
April 2nd, 2014, 05:24
While testing in FSX last night, I had this "near-miss"

Rallymodeller
April 2nd, 2014, 12:15
Hi Rally,
Unfortunately the unarmed postwar version (A.M.I./Aeronautica Militare Italiana) You suggest needs a lot of modification in both models (external and, principally, the VC) I cannot make at this time. Sorry.

No worries. Gonna love it anyway.