PDA

View Full Version : Help with United Kingdom

kikas
June 16th, 2012, 06:25
Hi, i have very bad performance while flying over UK, only addon scenery i use for this part of the world is acg duxford, my pc is not newest, but it don't have problems even with more complex addons, now if i take off from default biggin hill it stutters for few seconds. Is this normal, or i did something terribly wrong with my fs?

falcon409
June 16th, 2012, 06:43
Hi, i have very bad performance while flying over UK, only addon scenery i use for this part of the world is acg duxford, my pc is not newest, but it don't have problems even with more complex addons, now if i take off from default biggin hill it stutters for few seconds. Is this normal, or i did something terribly wrong with my fs?
If it was going to cause any problems at all I would think it would show when flying into or out of Duxford. . .but not once you were a fair distance away and certainly not over all of the UK. These things are hard to pin down most times because it's usually based on your configuration (how your system is setup), which is unique to you and no one else. Is Duxford a payware scenery or freeware? Is it located in a separate folder with it's own "scenery and texture folders" or is it lumped in with everything else in the main Addon Scenery folder?

kikas
June 16th, 2012, 06:54
If it was going to cause any problems at all I would think it would show when flying into or out of Duxford. . .but not once you were a fair distance away and certainly not over all of the UK. These things are hard to pin down most times because it's usually based on your configuration (how your system is setup), which is unique to you and no one else. Is Duxford a payware scenery or freeware? Is it located in a separate folder with it's own "scenery and texture folders" or is it lumped in with everything else in the main Addon Scenery folder?
Its freeware acg duxford i actually deleted it and copied default files from fs cd to scenery\eurw\scenery and still its same, i have abouth 16~20 fps instead of usual 35 everywhere around in the world

falcon409
June 16th, 2012, 07:00
Its freeware acg duxford i actually deleted it and copied default files from fs cd to scenery\eurw\scenery and still its same, i have about 16~20 fps instead of usual 35 everywhere around in the world
So even with the Duxford scenery gone you're still getting poor fps in that area? Also, if you deleted the scenery files, you shouldn't need to go back and reload any scenery from the CD. FS9 would just automatically recall the default airport.

kikas
June 16th, 2012, 09:46
Well i made new install and it works like it should, now i have to figure how do i should repair my old install, because there is to much stuff to begin everything from beginning

Tom Clayton
June 16th, 2012, 13:22
It sounds to me like that addon you removed also added some non-stock files to the main Scenery folder. The simplest thing to do may be to just copy your addons to the new install, since the main Scenery folder is split into three different cabs on both CD3 and CD4.

kikas
June 17th, 2012, 04:10
Everything is working now, problem was too much traffic, i cleaned it and now everything works fine (and i have additional 15 gigs of free space lol).