PDA

View Full Version : Default 737 AI problem

aeromed202
June 10th, 2012, 15:27
This has been encountered is FS before but I have not found a solution so far. After finally getting to where AI can be handled by my PC, the default 737, as AI, frequently and maybe always, will taxi onto the runway for take off then just stop. It never times out but traffic that backs up behind it will and just vanish. My only lead is that it might be a CFG issue. Should I switch it to total AI in the air file? I don't fly this one much at all but just found that it is very sluggish in the air, as if it weighed twice the actual.

And I now found out that the thing will not move under it's own power at all which is no doubt the problem although the sound says it is at full power. Something must have hit the game in a weird way or something. The "o" key died and now this, and if I look deeper might find more.:isadizzy:

Last update I hope. Dropping in the default cfg at least made the AC respond to power settings again. Maybe the AI log jam issue will be gone too.

pfflyers
June 11th, 2012, 08:27
I don't know if you have altered your traffic files or added new ones, but a lot of things can cause odd behavior by AI. If there is nowhwere available for your AI to land (destination has no available parking) it will not take off.

aeromed202
June 11th, 2012, 09:45
True enough, although I hadn't heard that lack of a destination parking spot would prevent a take off. I thought it would take off normally and just vanish after landing. Turned out in my case that something was awry with the 727-400 cfg preventing it from moving an inch by engine thrust but with the sound at full throttle. Sort of like tractor beam dealie. Replacing the cfg the bird now trundles down the runway and heads for places far and away. Now that I'm pretty familiar with Afcad, here and there I fixed some troublesome hold short bottle necks too which helps a lot.

Cthulhu
June 12th, 2012, 08:15
I had this same issue with hold short markers when attemtping to resurrect the Grumman airport in Bethpage, NY. If the hold short markers are missing or too far from the runway, the departing aircraft never calls the tower to get clearance to take off and will lumber onto the runway and wait for all eternity....

tgibson
June 12th, 2012, 11:13
As you found, if the planes are unable to accelerate due to low power, you will see that at the runway. FS switches from a canned "taxi routine" to the plane's flight dynamics starting at the takeoff roll.

Hope this helps,