PDA

View Full Version : Scenery (?) Help

Duckie
June 9th, 2012, 08:46
Just started getting the MSFS error screen and thrown to desk top when attempting to change to dusk or night time of day. The preview screen loads ok but when I select OK the Loading Scenery screen appears and the progress bar stops between 20 and 38%, sits for a few seconds then the error message.

I've loaded no new scenery nor have I changed any other sim operating parameters since last I flew at dusk or night a few weeks ago ( happens at dawn also). I've tried setting the time by the clock and by the pre-set selection buttons with results being the same.

Any clues out there where to start looking?

Thanks,

Steve

aeromed202
June 9th, 2012, 08:54
This would be an unimaginative and perhaps heavy-handed answer but it might be worth a try. When I get surprises like this it's not long before I invoke System Restore. It usually gets me back to before the glitch and I just accept whatever else arises as a consequence of that action. Another thought might be a sky texture problem as the CTDT happens during a time-o-day change. I don't know what texture set you are using but there are lots of replacement ones out there that I think are way better than default, IMHO. You could try installing one of those after backing up what you have first, or reload the defaults from the game disk.

Duckie
June 9th, 2012, 09:06
Thanks AM202 - I've narrowed it down to the MAIW Patuxant River scenery. Been using that as my starting point for months without any problems. But all of a sudden last night it started crashing. I was using stored flights with Pax River as the location and they all crash. Nothing else does, at least of the ones I've tested so far.

I'll try un - reinstalling the scenery to see if that works. Thanks very much for the come back.

Steve

aeromed202
June 9th, 2012, 17:40
Maybe you already tried this since it is associated with a particular scenery, un-check that scenery and see what happens. Second is if you also start with a particular AC or two perhaps a gauge is wonky? I'm not sure but I always thought some alter or come into play with changing daylight?

Duckie
June 9th, 2012, 18:10
:salute:
Maybe you already tried this since it is associated with a particular scenery, un-check that scenery and see what happens. Second is if you also start with a particular AC or two perhaps a gauge is wonky? I'm not sure but I always thought some alter or come into play with changing daylight?

Hey AM202, thanks fo rthe tip. I'll definately try the uncheck and recheck - if it works it beats un-reloading! HHMMMMMMMM, gauges?

It is a different A/C not used before on dark terrain. But the same A/C loads fine in other terrain/locations.