PDA

View Full Version : Lhasa scenery, need French speaking help

pilottj
December 28th, 2008, 10:28
Hello folks,
I found some scenery for Lhasa, Tibet (ZULS) which is normally missing in the default scenery. I have downloaded and installed the Lhasa scenery file. However it is not showing up in the airport directory even tho I can see it visually. Unfortunately for me the readme is in french and I am unable to figure out what I need to download in addition to the Lhasa file. If one of the french speakers here could point me to which additional details I am missing to install, that would be much appreciated.

Version actualisée provisoirement pour FSX, avec le seuls outils disponibles à ce jour..
Lhasa .Tibet .
Célèbre par ses Yéti et son Tintin au Tibet, et surtout pour sa situation géographique particulière entre l'Inde et la Chine occupante en revendique la propriété depuis que les tibétains ont fait appel à eux, quand ils avaient peur d'être envahis par l'Inde après le départ de anglais.
L'aéroport de Lhasa est situé à 60 km au sud dans la vallée du Tsangpo
(Brahmapoutre indien).
Non figuré dans les Flight simulateurs.
Peu d'infos '"techniques " sur cet aéroport international au code LXA ou ZULS.
Il se situe à 3580m d'altitude!! N29°17' E90° 55'
deux pistes parallèles dont la principale de 3000x50m, j'y ai mis un double ILS à 110Mhz sur la 09 et 109,7 pour la 27 , NDB 500Kcs.
Mais ces fréquences sont "fantaisistes", car impossibles à obtenir.
Aux environs on peut voir quelques temples, et un troupeau de yaks .
Cette scène a été commencée pour FS2000, et se complète avec la scène Lhasa Potola de Christophe Schmitt Maître es Népal et Himalaya, et commencée aussi à cette époque.
L'aérogare moderne date de 2003.
On peut s'y rendre en décollant de Chenghu (international) en Chine (le plus proche ..à 1500km àl'Est), ou depuis Paro au Bouthan au sud est (petit et encaissé).
LXA apparait dans le menu "rechecher un décor supplémentaire.
Cette scène est faite pour s'amuser, et ne peut en aucun cas et sous quelle que forme que ce soit être utilisée à des fins mercantiles, ni redistribuée.
Merci à Airport, aux auteurs d'API, Google, et tous ceux que j'oublie involontairement.
A noter qu'en 1996 (et oui!) un auteur talentueux Philipe Laurent avait réalisé un petit bgl "Lhasa" ne comportant qu'une balise ndb et un simulacre de petit Potola, mais imagination aidant, on pouvait aller survoler le Tibet en simue FS6..
Depuis un auteur germain a réalisé aussi une scène comportant Gongkar, mais non actualisé.
Bonne découverte.
nemozguy@stella-net.fr
http://www.vf-air.com
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vf_air/

here is the URL for the scenery
http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?lp=fr_en&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vf-air.com%2FFSX2.htm&.intl=us

Thank you
TJ

michaelvader
December 28th, 2008, 11:10
Hi TJ,
after I read your request I have installed this scenery. If you type in the Airport codes effectivly there will be no result! you must look at the option add on sceneries there it will apear with Lhasa ----. it is quiet simple but it apears without any problem.
so to go there look not with the normal "go there" but click right down on the option added sceneries and you will find it
Off course I presume you installed it normally by just sliding or copeeing it to your add on scenery directory and than declare it as usual

pilottj
December 28th, 2008, 11:55
Thank you Michael, I found it in the add on scenery :D
Now the question is, how to enable it for flight plan ability. I suppose I have to modify it some how with a scenery editor.

Cheers
TJ

Warrant
December 28th, 2008, 12:53
For translating trouble; try google translate.

Not perfect, but it helps

Warrant
December 28th, 2008, 12:55
Here is your above text translated with Google Translate:

An updated version temporarily for FSX, with the only tools available to date ..
Lhasa. Tibet.
Famous for its Yeti and Tintin in Tibet, and especially for its particular geographical situation between India and China occupying the property since claimed that the Tibetans have used them when they were afraid of being invaded by the India after the departure of English.
Lhasa airport is located 60 miles south in the valley of the Tsangpo
(Brahmaputra India).
Not included in the Flight simulators.
Few details about "technical" on the international airport code or LXA ZULS.
It is located at 3580m altitude! N29 ° 17 'E90 ° 55'
two parallel runways whose main 3000x50m, I put a double ILS 110Mhz on 09 and 109.7 for 27, NDB 500kc.
But these frequencies are "fanciful" because impossible to obtain.
Around one can see some temples and a herd of yaks.
This scene has been started for FS2000 and is complete with scene Lhasa Potola Christopher Schmitt master of Nepal and Himalaya, and also started at that time.
The modern terminal date of 2003.
Can be reached by taking off from Chenghu (international) in China (the closest to 1500km àl'Est ..), or from Paro in Bhutan in the south east (small and cashed).
LXA appears in "looking for additional decor.
This scene is made for fun and can not under any circumstances and in any form whatsoever, be used for mercenary or redistributed.
Thank you to Airport, the sponsors of APIs, Google, and I forget all those involuntarily.
Note that in 1996 (yes!) A Philipe Laurent talented author had conducted a small bgl "Lhasa" do NDBs a tag and a sham Potola small, but helping imagination could go fly over Tibet in sim FS6 ..
Since an author Germain has also done a scene involving Gongkar, but not updated.
Enjoy.
nemozguy@stella-net.fr
http://www.vf-air.com
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vf_air/

nemoz
December 28th, 2008, 13:24
Hello from France (Chamonix Mt Blanc)
For your pleasure and my pleasure , you now could download new LXA which appears at menu of FSX . Just write LXA (OACI ) or Lhassa (China) Gongkar Airport ( new zip at 12/28/2008 11.11pm)
It's a tempory zip scenery, waiting for SP2 acceleration , new LXA would be available in few days.
Now LXA can be seen on GPS , without runways (tempory).
Enjoy.
Friendly Guy Nemoz :wavey:

Warrant
December 28th, 2008, 13:40
Merci beaucoup, Nemoz :applause:

nemoz
December 28th, 2008, 13:44
:redf::redf::redf:

pilottj
December 28th, 2008, 23:32
thank you very much Nemoz. Now we can fly to this very challenging and beauitful place that MS forgot :)

cheers
TJ

gera
December 29th, 2008, 05:30
Hi Nemoz.....

Been flying into your Lhassa scenery for a few months now, nice scenery. I did add paved
runways for my large Italian Freight Jets flying there every week.......:applause::applause:

nemoz
December 29th, 2008, 09:10
Hello; at this time scenery LXA is an old one (built just at beginning of FSX) and coming from FS2004, so not for SP2..!!!
LXA may have crash problems if you active "crash" , and shadows too...
Next LXA (or ZULS???) will be updated ,then without any problem with crashs.
Many thanks for thanks. Have a good fly to Potala..(northly) :wavey:
Hello Gera , you are a young man... i'm 70..:ernae: (12 years of using and buiding things for FS..)

gera
December 29th, 2008, 10:19
Hello; at this time scenery LXA is an old one (built just at beginning of FSX) and coming from FS2004, so not for SP2..!!!
LXA may have crash problems if you active "crash" , and shadows too...
Next LXA (or ZULS???) will be updated ,then without any problem with crashs.
Many thanks for thanks. Have a good fly to Potala..(northly) :wavey:
Hello Gera , you are a young man... i'm 70..:ernae: (12 years of using and buiding things for FS..)

Hhahahahahahaah:costumes::costumes:.....thanks Nemoz, I wish I was 15!!!! then you would only be 21!!!!!!!!!:ernae::ernae: