PDA

View Full Version : Ford Trimotor (FSX Native)

full
June 6th, 2012, 10:21
Here's some pics of the external model which is finished, I've forgotten how nice she is to fly :)

Roger
June 6th, 2012, 10:46
Probably my favorite Fs9 default aircraft! Many thanks Craig:ernae:

cheezyflier
June 6th, 2012, 12:22
aaahhhh, the "flying shed". i call it that because of the corrugated tin fuselage skins. :icon_lol:

Roadburner440
June 6th, 2012, 13:05
aaahhhh, the "flying shed". i call it that because of the corrugated tin fuselage skins. :icon_lol:

I think of the Ju-52 when I think of flying shed.. I actually like the Ford Tri-motor and think it looks good. :icon_lol: The Ju-52 however I think does injustice to sheds everywhere.

http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acimages/ju52_kp.jpg

roger-wilco-66
June 6th, 2012, 13:47
I think of the Ju-52 when I think of flying shed.. I actually like the Ford Tri-motor and think it looks good. :icon_lol: The Ju-52 however I think does injustice to sheds everywhere.

http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acimages/ju52_kp.jpg

A bit OT, but there's a Ju 52 flying every now and then from Switzerland to Frankfurt. It always passes over Karlsruhe, and no matter what I do or where I am, whenever I here the sweet sound of these three radials I rush outside to get a glimpse of it :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Roger
June 6th, 2012, 14:00
Fischer's Ju52 is a work of art. I just wish it too could be native.

BigTool4U
June 6th, 2012, 14:02
A bit OT, but there's a Ju 52 flying every now and then from Switzerland to Frankfurt. It always passes over Karlsruhe, and no matter what I do or where I am, whenever I here the sweet sound of these three radials I rush outside to get a glimpse of it :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Lucky man! :salute:

Daube
June 6th, 2012, 14:10
Fischer's Ju52 is a work of art. I just wish it too could be native.

Indeed...

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1760.jpg

Bomber_12th
June 6th, 2012, 14:47
Fantastic screenshots there, Craig! And great news yet again!

Warrant
June 7th, 2012, 14:08
Wow, looks fantastic!

full
June 20th, 2012, 09:10
Ok guys, I've had a couple of problems which I can't figure out but not to serious, these are the primer switch/pump which I can't get to animate properly and the Generator switch which doesn't move when clicked on but works with the keyboard shortcut (figure that one out).

Thanks to John for all your help testing.

http://www.classicwings.net/freeplanes/Ford_Trimotor/Ford_Trimotor.zip

Cirrus N210MS
June 20th, 2012, 09:39
we Need a Fsx JU-52 That would be sweet

Roger
June 20th, 2012, 11:10
Excellent news Craig! I've downloaded and will fly later on tonight.:applause:

Roger
June 20th, 2012, 13:22
With A2A lights...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/trimotor-full-1.jpg

IFlySWA
June 20th, 2012, 16:46
Thank you very much Craig! :applause::applause:

Brian

doublecool
June 22nd, 2012, 02:08
Thank you for all of these aircraft...well done :applause::applause::applause:

Dimus
June 22nd, 2012, 08:56
First of all, thank you so much for this, it was long expected!

I am trying to make a repaint for the Fantasy of Flight plane. There is a reference in the .mdl to a texture called Decal_Nnumber, or something similar. This is placed on the top of the rudder and is used to show the registration number. I can not find this texture either in the FS9 files or the new FSX conversion files. Any idea? Shall I make it myself, maybe similar to the Ford_decal that displays the Ford logo on the fin?

Edit: I just realised that this is the decal for the tail number that MS prints. So there is no other way to put the N-number there other than typing it in the aircraft selection scree.

delta_lima
June 24th, 2012, 06:40
Can't believe I somehow missed this one .... Fantastic work indeed, Craig!!

Im with Roger - one of the nicest of the stock models.

Alas, my only computing aid over the next few days is my iPhone - but is there a Pan American Airways paint in the pack? Or alternatively, will the Garry Smith FS9 repaints work/look ok on this new model?

Thanks Craig-looks lovely.

DL

Roger
June 24th, 2012, 11:30
Can't believe I somehow missed this one .... Fantastic work indeed, Craig!!

Im with Roger - one of the nicest of the stock models.

Alas, my only computing aid over the next few days is my iPhone - but is there a Pan American Airways paint in the pack? Or alternatively, will the Garry Smith FS9 repaints work/look ok on this new model?

Thanks Craig-looks lovely.

DL

Hi DL, any add-on repaints need to be converted to .dds (DXTBMP) but not flipped!

trucker17
June 30th, 2012, 12:54

Cheers,
Mark

Isnt that something we all do.....Hear that familiar roar of an old radial engine.....Run outside to see what is flying over, wether it be the Ford tri motor, junkers, B-17, B-25 or any of the other great old birds that have been beautifully restored to flying condition.....
Me for one love seeing them on the ground where you can up close and personal with them.....But seeing them in flight.....
A few years ago we had a big celebration of flight.....on Saturday morning 265 radial engine aircraft fired up and took to the skies.....we had everything from the beaver to the B-29 their, from all countries, and all makes.....What a site...Axis and allied flying together.......
The planes did a 2 hour flight circling the airport while everyone got airborn, then headed west towards Los Angeles, down to San Diego and back up to Riverside and San Bernardino.....By sundays show we had our biggest attendance yet......The fighters flew over city parks doing moch dog fights.....
Most everyone who came out for sundays events said they could not help but to look up when all these planes flew over, some said that they would spot a plane they loved as a kid and it would bring tears to their eyes to see one flying, or that seeing it would bring back that childhood love for the plane, and just had to come see it in person......
It was a great event and a great show.......