PDA

View Full Version : Nice Website: The Crusaders- 42 Bombardment Group (Medium)

MaskRider
June 5th, 2012, 23:47
This website may not be new material for some- especially the PTO Mission and Campaign developers and their customers- but it is to me.

I stumbled across it today while doing something totally unrelated.

The Crusaders: A history of the 42nd Bombardment Group (Medium)
(http://harrydole.com/42nd/index.html)
Not only is it jammed packed full of fascinating details of life in the PTO and great photos but it is also a treasure chest of mission possibilities.

Here is what the guy who put it together has to say in the intro:

...Ours was not the superb hour in which the Luftwaffe was sent reeling from the sky over London nor the first bomb directed at Tokyo. Rather, ours was the persistent, the day in and day out raid, search, or sweep. Sometimes at the current front, sometimes at a southward or westward focus of resistance, we sought the enemy where we could find him, and steadily, sometimes slowly but always thoroughly, we pounded him...
These guys flew Marauders and Mitchells all thru Solomons, New Guinea, Dutch East Indies, Philippines- good stuff.

Cheers,
MR

PS BTW the images as they appear on the pages are kind of small. But if you right click them and choose "View Image" they are actually pretty good sized.

UncleTgt
June 6th, 2012, 00:22
:ernae: Cracking find!

MaskRider
June 6th, 2012, 00:45
Yeah, it really is a nice website. Wish I had known about it when I was making my last DEI collection of airfields. Many of the more obscure Japanese airfields that I wanted to make but never started due to lack of visual info are included in the photos and diagrams on this website.

MR

Robert John
June 6th, 2012, 04:15
A good site.
Thanks for finding it.

Fibber
June 6th, 2012, 05:15
Great reading, how did I miss this one when I was looking for Pacific fields? MR, just spent some time up in Temecula, beautiful wine country you have there!