PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a P-51D Livery

falcon409
June 5th, 2012, 18:51
Specifically for the Little Friends P-51D. I thought John was the one who had done this livery but I'm unable to find it after many searches both here and on flightsim.com. The livery was for the Cavenaugh Museum P-51 with the designation "WD-C". Anyone recognize it?

Bomber_12th
June 5th, 2012, 19:03
Ed, it's funny you mention that, as I'm actually working on that scheme right now, as Don Blakeslee's original WD-C, which was a D-5-NA (no dorsal fin fillet - Little Friends II), but I can also make a version for Little Friends.

falcon409
June 5th, 2012, 19:16
Ed, it's funny you mention that, as I'm actually working on that scheme right now, as Don Blakeslee's original WD-C, which was a D-5-NA (no dorsal fin fillet - Little Friends II), but I can also make a version for Little Friends.
Amazing John, that would be awesome. I have a personal connection to the airplane and it would be great to have it parked on the ramp at North Texas Regional. Does make me wonder now though if the livery I'm remembering might have been for the WOP P-51, lol. . . .this will be a great addition though. My thanks!! :salute:

PS; Mine is Little Friends II.....:isadizzy:

DaveQ
June 6th, 2012, 00:47
Specifically for the Little Friends P-51D. I thought John was the one who had done this livery but I'm unable to find it after many searches both here and on flightsim.com. The livery was for the Cavenaugh Museum P-51 with the designation "WD-C". Anyone recognize it?

This is the one I did Ed - for the WOP II P-51D. Not got round to converting it for the Warbirdsim D-5 yet.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?108-Copyright&fid=156207

Regards

DaveQ