PDA

View Full Version : Large MiG21 AI packages

lazarus
May 31st, 2012, 22:15
I got all excited...then noticed it's for FS9. So, this may be of interest for the users of the senior sim!

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-ai-traffic-aircrafts-48/mikoyan-gurevich-mig-21-fishbed-part-3-44953.html?action=download&hl=

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 Fishbed (Part 3). I present a comprehensive AI traffic model package for this iconic aircraft of modern military history. With over 15,000 airframes of all types, including license-manufacture, the MiG-21 is the second-highest produced jet fighter of all time (next to the MiG-15 at 18,000+); and is the highest-produced jet fighter in the post-1960 'missile' age. The model is an 8-LOD model, with quite a bit of XML animation and effects. This aircraft has been used operationally by 53 countries across fifty years, with extensive combat experience world-wide, and hundreds are still in service to this day. Part 3 is the M-series, the 3rd-generation Fishbeds. Included variants are the MiG-21S (actually a tail-end of the P-series), MiG-21M, MiG-21MF, and MiG-21SMT. With loadout options, there are a total of 34 models and 34 paints in this package. Multiple credits are given in the documentation for everybody who pitched in to help on this one. Base model, paint kit, and textures by Michael Pearson.

AndyG43
June 1st, 2012, 05:43
There are six packs plus a paintkit, all available at Avsim (if you can negotiate the appalling new layout of their file library); Mr Pearson has put together an incredibly comprehensive set of AI models. :salute:

ian elliot
June 1st, 2012, 09:19
all available at Avsim (if you can negotiate the appalling new layout of their file library); Mr Pearson has put together an incredibly comprehensive set of AI models. :salute:

Oh boy more Migs :icon29:, although every time i go to the Avsim library page, my PC locks up, guess i'll have to wait until the bugs are sorted.
cheers ian

Naismith
June 1st, 2012, 10:53
They sure have screwed up at Avsim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCRTnzRiNmE

AndyG43
June 1st, 2012, 13:17
Oh boy more Migs :icon29:, although every time i go to the Avsim library page, my PC locks up, guess i'll have to wait until the bugs are sorted.
cheers ian

They appear to have reverted (temporarily at least) to the old format, so get over there and get your MiGs while they're hot!! :jump:

Wing_Z
June 1st, 2012, 16:38
I also got excited... especially when I noticed they are for :icon30:FS9!
AVSIM is back to normal, and all those MiGs are streaming down.
Mike Pearson came at this business from the painters' shack, so has a painter's eye for detail.
He will be a force in future, correction: is a force.
:applause: Bravo!

MIKE JG
June 3rd, 2012, 18:59
Mike has certainly outdone himself this time! You don't get too many guys who start off painting and eventually learn the modelling side of it as well. Some of the textures for these models are pretty cool!

On a related note, there's another new AI model to be had this weekend. We've got a new pack with a PC-9A in Australian flavors this time around and there will be many more PC-9/T-6 II packs to come this year.

If you like military AI models, old and new, it's a good time to be hanging around. :salute:

ian elliot
June 4th, 2012, 03:25
Finally got to download these and look them over last nite, 6 packs plus a couple more in the pipeline including 2 seaters and China models, dont think there's a nation on earth he has'nt cover'd, stunning :medals:
cheers ian

AndyG43
June 4th, 2012, 07:19
There is a small patch up on Avsim today, to rectify a bug in a couple of the twintubs.