PDA

View Full Version : Morten Panels

braveheart77521
May 31st, 2012, 06:29
I really like Morten's panels. However, the gunsight does not line up with the standard gunsight. I have tried all the standard methods to resolve the problem, because I find two gunsights as distracting as Hell. I have found some relief by adjusting the y factor in the panel document. Is this a Windows 7 glitch or can I adjust this problem? I am having particular problems with the Buffalo update. Could we have a "Frequent problems" section like Lindsey Watts? This would help tremendously.

Braveheart

Allen
May 31st, 2012, 07:48
Link to one of these panels?

braveheart77521
May 31st, 2012, 08:20
Link to one or these panels? Only these panels!

Allen
May 31st, 2012, 09:56
The OR should have been a OF...

braveheart77521
May 31st, 2012, 10:08
the Brewster Buffalo, F3f https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7f2604cfe3f60274

bearcat241
June 1st, 2012, 07:42
I really like Morten's panels. However, the gunsight does not line up with the standard gunsight. I have tried all the standard methods to resolve the problem, because I find two gunsights as distracting as Hell. I have found some relief by adjusting the y factor in the panel document. Is this a Windows 7 glitch or can I adjust this problem?

The "standard gunsight" you're addressing is called "gunsight64.bmp". Its a texture file found within the main TEXTURE folder of the sim. Its the default reticle that the sim applies to all models you fly. Morton doesn't use this fixed, ever-present bitmap at all. When he designs a panel his work is done in complete disregard for that reticle. Many of his panels have gunsight reticles drawn in the glass and are already bore-sighted on those crosshairs.

So, you use his artwork at the risk of losing the default reticle. Using a panel editor proggy, its possible to lower the panel view to fit the position of the default reticle, but that usually ends up with an ugly black margin across the bottom, blocking the transparent side panels if you lower too much.

Morton
June 2nd, 2012, 00:52
Bearcat is correct. I usually dont use the default gunsight because it often dont fit or look realistic in my panels. But you can switch the CFS2 gunsight on/off by simply renaming the Gunsight64 file extension (.bmp) to something else. If you want to use the default sight in all panels, even mine, you could open my panel bitmaps in a graphic editor and simply paint the reticle black. Then it will dissappear.

Morton

bearcat241
June 2nd, 2012, 03:02
Frankly, your M.O. is fine with me Mort...i hate that universal defo reticle anyway. Keep up the good work....