PDA

View Full Version : P4M-1 & P4M-1Q fs2004 in library

lazarus
May 29th, 2012, 17:19
66417 Dave Wooster has uploaded his P4M Mercator after a seemingly very rapid gestation. It runs very nicely in FSX right out of the box.
While simple (relativley speaking) in texturing and VC, it is bang on in shape and has a number of suprising features, such as a wicked sound pack that really captures the grunt and whistle of R-4360-jet combinations I remember from by gone days (KC-97/KB-50) and a fascinating modeling of recip-jet composite powerplant that allows one to light up/shut down and restart the jets with a boost in performance and impressive dash speed, or shut down the recips and burn around on the fuel dumpers. The prop textures look great, it has the usual assortment of animations, flys wonderfully, and looks alltogether awe inspiring in flight or on the ground. I did convert the textures from -888 to DXT3 nomips, and changed the blue to the RGB values from IPMS for USN dark sea blue ( less blue, more grey, and lighter than it looks in the achromatic B&W photos and most color shots) All together, a very impressive package with both the straight patrol bomber and ELINT ferret versions, well worth installing. Love it!
BRAVO ZULU BRAVO ZULU Mr. Wooster. Many thanks for filling in a big gap in coldwar NAV AIR history.

jungle_balloo
May 30th, 2012, 04:11
Exact, it works with FSX :wavey:

lazarus
June 1st, 2012, 21:25
At Mr.Woosters request, I uploaded a set of color revised skins for his Mercator
Thumbnails added, DXT3nomips, and an extra for the first -1, 121451. More details in the FS9 P4M thread.:salute:
Remember, back up your files!66645