PDA

View Full Version : Another FSX Duck?

FSX68
May 29th, 2012, 14:04
I remember a while back when there was this older gentlemen that posted his version of a Grumman Duck and he displayed some of the cockpit
and some other areas of it. It was to be an FSX native version. I can't remember his name but his avatar looked like it to be a photo of him. If it was, he
was an older gent with glasses. I know this other duck that has been converted to FSX is not his and so that begs the question, who is that masked man
Tonto? And, what is the status of his duck project. I know a lot of folks (warchild for one) complemented him what he accomplished so far. I tried to go back to the older
archives here to dig him and his project up but it only goes back so far. Seems like it was last fall or winter time.

:kilroy:

PutPut
May 29th, 2012, 14:41
I "think" his name was Paul Dominque (Sp?) and his model of the Duck looked exceptional. I was really looking forward to it but it seems to have disappeared.

Best, Paul

Cag40Navy
May 29th, 2012, 15:37
I "think" his name was Paul Dominque (Sp?) and his model of the Duck looked exceptional. I was really looking forward to it but it seems to have disappeared.

Best, Paul

Yea, its Paul.

Tako_Kichi
May 29th, 2012, 16:07
Paul has been working on another project and the Duck is on a low simmer on the back burner at the moment. A great feast takes time to cook after all. :icon_lol:

FSX68
May 29th, 2012, 16:39
Paul has been working on another project and the Duck is on a low simmer on the back burner at the moment. A great feast takes time to cook after all. :icon_lol:

Thanks Guys,

As the saying goes....Good things come to those that wait.

:engel016:

Stefano Zibell
May 29th, 2012, 21:21

Would that be the SU-37? That's one i'd kill for.

Tako_Kichi
May 29th, 2012, 21:51
Would that be the SU-37? That's one i'd kill for.
:icon_lol::ernae:

Paul Domingue
June 1st, 2012, 14:49
I did take a break from the Duck (a -5 BTW) to refresh a model I had started around the same time as the Duck. After some discussions withWarchild I became enthusiastic about working on the Su-37 again and I needed a break from the Duck. I am close to having a working model of the Su-37 in FSXand will stick a temp test panel in so Warchild can do her magic. While she’s doing that and with a little help from my friends I will be programming the 3dgauges for the Duck’s VC. The VC is the only thing left to be completed and then I can release it.
<o:p></o:p>
Swingman has made a very nice freeware model and I certainly can appreciate the amount of work he put into it but it will be a while before, as they say, I rain on his parade.
Here are a couple of preview shots of the 37. I’m currently working on the nose gear as can be seen and the textures still have a lot to be done. The model is the one that appeared at the Paris Air Show in 1996 or 1997, I’m not sure which year.
Thanks to Tako_Kichi for remembering who the old gentleman was.:cool:
Paul
66608 66609