PDA

View Full Version : Martin P4M-1/1Q Mercator for FS9

this4dave2
May 29th, 2012, 10:46
Hi:

The Martin P4M Mercator is now complete and was just up loaded. I hope all who down load it enjoy it.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=8062&catid=6

David Wooster
this4david2@q.com

Navtech
May 29th, 2012, 11:48
:applause:

harrybasset
May 29th, 2012, 12:13
Downloaded it and loving it.

TARPSBird
May 29th, 2012, 13:07
Very nice airplane, Dave! Launched out of Palwaukee Airport (KPWK) and cruised around northern Illinois. Flies well, nice detail, good paint jobs. Also liked the model options for straight patrol bomber or the Q-bird versions.

Tom Clayton
May 29th, 2012, 18:35
Download link? :ques:

this4dave2
May 29th, 2012, 19:33
Download link? :ques:

Martin P4M-1/1Q Mercator for FS9 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=8062&catid=6)

David

Blackbird686
May 30th, 2012, 04:19
Definately a keeper... An excellent "pilot's" airplane with lots of power and superb endurance. Nice, clean factory fresh paints to boot! Everything you need for those early morning sub patrols, or just a joy ride in a big heavy bird. Great job, Dave!! :medals:

BB686:USA-flag:

SSI01
May 30th, 2012, 07:49
Nice looking bird (I didn't realize the Merc had a reverse gull wing). Handles well - big, solid feel yet pretty quick for something this size. Jet engines make a considerable difference during takeoff runs and when extra speed is needed; this was well-modeled. Paint jobs are outstanding. All in all, an excellent product!!:salute:

Blackbird686
May 30th, 2012, 13:31
Not to mention the impressive sound... crank up the volume! This bird has two P&W 4360 Wasp Major "corn cob" engines cranking out about 3000 HP each. You can feel the power through the seat if you get it up loud enough.:isadizzy: What a beast! :applause::applause::applause:

Tom Clayton
May 30th, 2012, 13:53
David, thanks for the link! I've added it to the orginal post for visitors passing through.

hawkeye52
May 30th, 2012, 17:25
David, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! for the Mercator. :salute:

I've been pining for one every time a "what-would-you-like-to-see-in-FS9?" thread was started. Finally, we have one!

It will likely be a while before I can install it, but I wanted you to know we all appreciate your undertaking.

- h52

Rallymodeller
May 30th, 2012, 19:59
All I gotta say is: HOLY CRAP SO MUCH POWER WHEN JETS RUNNING ARGLBRLG

Seriously. 200kts ten seconds after takeoff. That's some mean sprint speed. I love it.

harrybasset
May 30th, 2012, 22:37
I believe the origional designed roles for the Mercator included mine laying and anti ship torpedo attacks so the sprint capabillity was built in from the start. I imagine the extra power was much appreciated when taking off laden with fuel and loads of heavy electronic gear.

lazarus
May 30th, 2012, 23:33
I believe the origional designed roles for the Mercator included mine laying and anti ship torpedo attacks so the sprint capabillity was built in from the start. I imagine the extra power was much appreciated when taking off laden with fuel and loads of heavy electronic gear.

Exactly so. The idea in 1944 was for a patrol bomber with the speed and firepower to survive in heavily contested air space around the home islands in the planned invasion of Nippon (OLYMPIC/CORONET). Jets had the speed, but not the range early on- the early centrifugal turbojets were notorious fuel hogs, hence a whole spate of composite power projects instigated at the behest of the USN- Mercator, Fireball, XF15C, Savage ect. The cruise-dash dichotomy also extended to some airframe design compromises in the Mercators wing in the use of 2 different airfoil sections for the inboard and outboard sections, giving rise to the unusual kink in the wing, and some demanding stall behaviour as a result. The Navy sure got tremendous value out of the 19 aircraft built, and the type had a much lower loss rate than the other P- ships flying ELINT missions, amazing considering the Mercators got to do the real hairy jobs like tickling the PVO-STRANY over Ukraine from the Black Sea, or into beehives like Vladivostok and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy.
For more reading on the type

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78712872/Naval-Fighters-37-Martin-P4M-1-Mercator

Mr. Wooster, thank you so very much. The Mercator has long been a type of great interest, and your model looks and flys just great in FSX. I'm enjoying her enormously.

SSI01
May 31st, 2012, 04:33
Quite! Remember the electronics they were carrying were the old vacuum-tubed electronics, with all the added weight of the installation plus spares - and the heat dumping problem as well.

Haven't read the attachment from the previous contributer yet, however, I know P2Vs worked on concert with RB-29s and RB-50s around the PRC and Eastern Soviet Union. Part of the drill called for the AF bird to make the low-level penetration to tickle the air defense net while the P2 hid off the coast recording the emissions and other by-products. My stuff is still in storage in Bwk or I could provide a better source. Regardless, it was demanding flying of the highest order on the part of the elint birds.:salute:

SSI01
June 1st, 2012, 16:18
201 Hits!! I TOLD folks this bird would be noticed.:jump:

lazarus
June 1st, 2012, 21:17
Mr. Wooster had asked me earlier today to upload a revised texture set with an alternative mix of the USN dark sea blue. This one has been a pain in the @$$ for modelers for years, as photographic representation changes dramaticly depending on the color, black & white or achromatic film stock, and ambient light. Usually, the blue is represented as a 'navy'blue, which is rather dark and too blue. One of the better scale representations is from the testors model masters range, and IPMS Red-Blue-Green formula; which is significanly lighter, greyer, with more green and less blue and red. This can be seen to good effect in 'Blue Angels' blue, originally a 60-40ish mix of dark sea blue and insignia white. Its still pretty subjective, depending on monitor and graphics card too. So I knocked up a set of textures from Davids original Mercator set, using the IPMS RGB values as a start point, and did each in a slightly different tone or shade to see what a good median is before going into more detail on some re-paints later -I'd like to see what can be done with some panel detail, stencils ect, maybe some 'whiffs' . There is also an extra quickie skin for 121451, the first P4M-1 after the 2 XP4M's, as she was on her first flight in 1949. The textures are saved in DXT3, no MIPS, and a gyppo thumbnail added for the FSX users. 66642

Blackbird686
June 2nd, 2012, 03:31
201 Hits!! I TOLD folks this bird would be noticed.:jump:

:salute::bump::medals:

Mick
June 2nd, 2012, 04:28
Mr. Wooster had asked me earlier today to upload a revised texture set with an alternative mix of the USN dark sea blue. This one has been a pain in the @$$ for modelers for years, as photographic representation changes dramaticly depending on the color, black & white or achromatic film stock, and ambient light. Usually, the blue is represented as a 'navy'blue, which is rather dark and too blue. One of the better scale representations is from the testors model masters range, and IPMS Red-Blue-Green formula; which is significanly lighter, greyer, with more green and less blue and red. This can be seen to good effect in 'Blue Angels' blue, originally a 60-40ish mix of dark sea blue and insignia white. Its still pretty subjective, depending on monitor and graphics card too. So I knocked up a set of textures from Davids original Mercator set, using the IPMS RGB values as a start point, and did each in a slightly different tone or shade to see what a good median is before going into more detail on some re-paints later -I'd like to see what can be done with some panel detail, stencils ect, maybe some 'whiffs' . There is also an extra quickie skin for 121451, the first P4M-1 after the 2 XP4M's, as she was on her first flight in 1949. The textures are saved in DXT3, no MIPS, and a gyppo thumbnail added for the FSX users.

Just a couple of comments about the color Dark Sea Blue. First, Blue Angels Blue is a completely different color, specially developed for the Blue Angels (hence the name "Blue Angels Blue.") It's much lighter and brighter than Dark Sea Blue. It has no relevance whatsoever to a discussion of Dark Sea Blue.

Second, Dark Sea Blue weathered in sunlight, drastically if exposed long enough, so if it was out in the sun for a very long time would get much lighter, duller and grayer. The color in your textures looks like a very close match for the color I saw and photographed on the FJ-1 Fury and HO3S at the New England Air Museum before they were restored, when they'd been sitting in outdoor storage in direct sunlight for thirty or forty years. Operational planes didn't look anything like that. Due to their being operated in highly corrosive, salty sea air, naval aircraft finishes were always carefully maintained and would never have faded anywhere near that much during a plane's active service life. Dark Sea Blue might have been a bit less blue than the original textures (or not, depending on your monitor settings,) but it was a real dark blue, not a washed-out medium gray.

For an excellent, accurate example of Dark Sea Blue, look at the samples provided in the color plates in Volumes Two, Three (and Four?) of Maj. John Elliott's excellent series, "The Official Monogram U.S. Navy & Marine Corps Color Guide." Elliott is regarded by historians as the most authoritative source of color and markings information on U.S. Navy and Marines aircraft. He went to a lot of trouble to produce highly accurate color information for the plates in his books, and Monogram went to a lot of trouble to render those plates accurately. You can rely on the accuracy of those plates. And if you look at the Dark Sea Blue plate and at David's textures, you've got better eyes than me if you can spot any difference. (Again, with the possible exception of possible slight differences due to monitor settings.)

While it's true that this color was a pain to modelers for years, it's not any more. Major Elliott has done the heavy lifting and shared the results of his research with us, so now all we have to do is pick up his books and look it up. I know and respect the IPMS as a generally reliable source of information (though they are far from perfect) but you can take this to the bank: if John Elliott and IPMS disagree about something to do with U.S. Navy or Marine Corps aircraft colors and markings, then Elliott is right and IPMS is wrong.

Mick
June 2nd, 2012, 04:55
[QUOTE= 201 Hits!! I TOLD folks this bird would be noticed. [/QUOTE]

Not to mention another 781 downloads from FlightSim.com

By the end of the day there might be over 1000 downloads between the two sites.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 05:39
Interesting discussion and aircraft. Is it true and possible that in the real world, there would be absolutely no specular reflection, no sun glare at all?

Mick
June 2nd, 2012, 06:15
Interesting discussion and aircraft. Is it true and possible that in the real world, there would be absolutely no specular reflection, no sun glare at all?

Of course, but that's not the point at all. Specular reflection and sun glare have an effect on how a color looks in certain lighting, but they don't change the actual color on the plane. They certainly don't make an entire dark blue airplane look entirely medium gray.

This discussion is about the color of paint, not about lighting effects.

There was an actual color Dark Sea Blue. It's characteristics have been preserved and carefully documented, and thanks to Major Elliott's research, that information is readily available. While the color will look slightly different in various lighting situations, and while it will look a bit different on various computer monitors, this differences don't change the fact that there is an actual color. In this case, David's textures do a good job of representing that color. And the color was a deep, dark blue, not a faded, washed out gray.

While there is room for some difference of interpretation in exactly how the color might look in certain lighting, the actual color is a matter of fact, not opinion, and the fact is well documented through research. If someone says that the exact shade of blue should look different, maybe so. If someone says it should look like gray, they are simply wrong. Jack Elliott's research is not just opinion - it is carefully documented fact, based on careful research using original source documentation.

To say that a Dark Sea Blue aircraft should look gray is no more valid than if someone told you that your Stoof should have a rounded fin top. You didn't shape the fin by guesswork or opinion - you went to the available documentation and made the shape of the fin match it. Fact, not opinion. Due to the effects of lighting, weathering and monitor settings, matters of color might not be quite so definitive on a computer model, but they are not wide open to speculation either. The facts have been established. There IS a correct answer to the question. While the color might not be rendered with perfect accuracy on everyone's monitor at all times, it's very possible to get it very close. Rendering Dark Sea Blue as a medium gray is not even close.

Remember, real planes are painted with real paint, which has a real color, and while that color might look a bit different in certain light, it still is a real, actual color. The different lighting and other effects that occur in the real world are replicated, for better or worse, in Flight Simulator. They will have similar effects on what a color looks like in specific lighting situations. In order for those effects to render realistically in FS, so as to replicate those effects as they occur in the real world, it seems clear that one needs to start off with the same color as was applied to the real plane. This is a case where we can establish what that color actually was, so it makes sense to replicate is as best we can on our models.

Would you paint your Stoof pink if someone said they could imagine a circumstance of lighting conditions that might make a real Stoof appear pink? In certain sunset conditions, I can imagine Light Gull Gray taking on a pinkish hue. Do you think that makes it a good idea to actually paint the model pink? Or do you think it's better to paint the plane Light Gull Gray, and let it look pink only in lighting conditions that would make a real Light Gull Gray plane look pink?

I think a gray Mercator makes perfect sense - if you want your model to look like it's been sitting out in the sun for thirty or forty years, like those old hulks I saw at the Museum. But if you want it to look like a real operational Mercator looked in real lighting conditions in the real world, I think it makes sense to paint it Dark Sea Blue, and let FS render the lighting effects (which it usually does pretty well.) And we happen to be fortunate enough to have solid information on what color Dark Sea Blue actually was.

If you don't know for sure, you guess and you fake it. I've done plenty of that in my days as a repainter and texturer. But when you can find facts, I think it makes sense to use that information.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 07:38
Mick,

I was not questioning the color discussion; I was questioning whether or not the model should have specular lighting added. :-)

lazarus
June 2nd, 2012, 09:51
The blue angel blue was referenced as way of demonstrating the base tone. To quote from a Tillman monograph(hoping for accuracy,but who can-really say, I'm working with the references at hand....Early on. Yes, now a days its is a custom color. I'd guess a maintainer would now

''1952-1954 F9F-5: The team was reformed with -5s after a hiatus for the Korean War. In this case, there is a credible report on the colors. Bob Moore was an enlisted mechanic on the team who also assisted in painting them:: "The paint used on F9F-5 was nitrate lacquer. We mixed the colors one part insignia white (to) three parts gloss sea blue blue. The yellow was AN Yellow." The FS 595 equivalent of AN Yellow is 13591.''

I remembered the proportions incorrecly.
None of it is finilized. I'll quote my self

''Its still pretty subjective, depending on monitor and graphics card too. So I knocked up a set of textures from Davids original Mercator set, using the IPMS RGB values as a start point, and did each in a slightly different tone or shade to see what a good MEDIAN is'' It depends on the model, too. The wrap sections come out looking lighter than non-wrap sections, despite being the same color on the same sheet.
Scale effect. The same color on a smaller scale representation looks darker than the same paint in real life.

I do think the model would look better with a bit of shine on it.

I did not intend to start a &%$$&%? contest. Ihave all kinds of exact RGB-hex formulae for dark sea blue.Allclaim 100% accuracy. Some times it looks right, some times not. But thank you for the input. I thought the darker tones looked right. Oddly, ON MY MONITOR in the basement, the lighter one looks better TO ME. on the lap top, the screen grabs look different again.
I'll admit, I'm plain selfish. I paint for me. Sorry. And its a project at this point. The final ,if it happens now(the debate rages on) may be something different yet again. Use em or don't. We have, after all, personal choice. Start painting.
None of which detracts from the fact that its a sweet model, and I really like the sound pack.So much so that for the first time I ran the audio through the stereo amp to rattle the rafters and get my wife complaining about the racket!

LLS

Mick
June 2nd, 2012, 12:32
OK, I didn't mean to start an argument either.

I'll just explain that I was struck by how much your color - on my monitor - reminded me of those hulks I mentioned, and how the color on those hulks had weathered so much that they'd changed into a completely different color than what they were originally. Then my pedantic tendencies kicked in...

My comments weren't about shine, but I completely agree that the plane would look better - and more authentic - with specular shine. The real planes were painted in Glossy Dark Sea Blue, not Non-Specular Dark Sea Blue, and the models should replicate that.

Actually, at the risk of becoming pedantic again, they should be overall Glossy DS Blue with Non-Spec DS Blue anti-glare panels.

Since I still don't have a working installation of "FS1954" on my current, no-longer-new confuter, I wasn't aware that the P4Ms were matte finished. That's why Milton's comment went right over my head.

If I was still painting David's planes I would've arranged for them to have specular shine. I'm still in regular contact with David, and I followed his work on the P4M, so perhaps I owe him an apology for not mentioning this and making sure he shined up the models.

this4dave2
June 2nd, 2012, 12:45

I'll just explain that I was struck by how much your color - on my monitor - reminded me of those hulks I mentioned, and how the color on those hulks had weathered so much that they'd changed into a completely different color than what they were originally. Then my pedantic tendencies kicked in...

My comments weren't about shine, but I completely agree that the plane would look better - and more authentic - with specular shine. The real planes were painted in Glossy Dark Sea Blue, not Non-Specular Dark Sea Blue, and the models should replicate that.

Actually, at the risk of becoming pedantic again, they should be overall Glossy DS Blue with Non-Spec DS Blue anti-glare panels.

Since I still don't have a working installation of "FS1954" on my current, no-longer-new confuter, I wasn't aware that the P4Ms were matte finished. That's why Milton's comment went right over my head.

If I was still painting David's planes I would've arranged for them to have specular shine. I'm still in regular contact with David, and I followed his work on the P4M, so perhaps I owe him an apology for not mentioning this and making sure he shined up the models.

Hi every body:

I am sorry I got this argument started I just thought others might like the choice of a different texture color thats why I asked Lazarus to think about uploading his textures and I thank him for doing so.

The textures do have a glossy shine to them but not the one mentioned because I dont know how to do that.

David Wooster

lazarus
June 2nd, 2012, 13:23

Fair enough. I should also never post before the first pot of coffee kicks in, as I seem to be a grumpy old fart in the mornings (Really. Just in the MORNING??)
The whole color thing is intensely subjective. Time, weather, observer, paint manufacturer,light...arrrgggh! To digress for a moment to the blue angel blue, I have found records that state, according to year, specific aircraft swap outs, whim, ect, that give paint mixes using roughly 3/4-1/4 insignia white mixed with insignia blue, dark sea blue, medium blue, a can of pre war blue used in tail stripes,a Chrysler blue that came from an autoparts store....and on and on. I've seen parts that were zero timed at various NARFs and manufacturers plants,come out of the box painted to the same spec, with obstinantly the same spec paint, diverge dramaticly in hue, tone and shade depending on paint type, reducer type, heat, humidity, primer color, the painters 'fist' :isadizzy: Madness, and a job for the 'experts' to argue about. I just like blue airplanes.
The records I have on hand -Ginter, NAVAIR specs, and waay back issues of airclassics and whatnot, indicate that the 2 XP4Ms were finished in a matt paint work, the production aircraft were shot in gloss, though, nasty scale effect again, a reduced shine seems to look better. If(?) I can get to grips with mdlmatt, I'll see what can be done. The funny thing here is, that to me, the damn color looks like it has a hint of purple or violet I can't seem to get rid of! Compromises! Damn compromises!
And last; Heck, this was a civilized discussion about paint and color. You should see some of the flame wars, fist fights and near riots that break out when Lufftwaffe and Wehrmacht modelers start arguing color and paint! :icon_eek:
over and out!:salute:

Mick
June 2nd, 2012, 18:44
A little birdie tells me that there will be a fix released tomorrow that will provide the properly glossy models for the -1 and the later paints of the -1Q, leaving the existing matte -1Q model for the earlier paints.

If you look in the aircraft folder you'll see that there are three model folders: model.1, model.f and model.Q. The model.1 is the straight -1 and was intended to be glossy. The model.Q is the -1Q and was also intended to be glossy. The model.f is the -1Q with a flat finish (f for flat) for use with the two early -1Q planes, which were painted in a non-standard flat finish.

The aircraft.cfg file is already set up to link the proper models with the proper paints.

Apparently, somewhere late in the production process, when some last minute mods were made, the glossy models were accidentally changed to matte. So the little birdie tells me, anyway...

I wasn't going to mention this, since it's not my model, but I thought I should say something in order to save lazarus and anyone else from doing unnecessary work.

Personally, I'm retired from FS development, but that little birdie keeps coming around and telling me stuff.

Blackbird686
June 3rd, 2012, 03:40
Personally, I'm retired from FS development, but that little birdie keeps coming around and telling me stuff.

It get's into your blood, Mick, then the little birdie just comes around and re-antaganises the "itch"...

Mick
June 3rd, 2012, 04:14
Yeah, something like that.

The lasting friendship David and I formed through several years of working together is part of it, too.

I expect that some day I'll get around to setting up FS9 in my current computer, but I don't expect to get back into FS development. A certain interest remains, but I came to really loathe doing the work, which is why I don't do it anymore. If/when I get FS functioning in my present system, I expect to spend my limited hobby time flying, not developing.

TARPSBird
June 3rd, 2012, 09:19
And last; Heck, this was a civilized discussion about paint and color. You should see some of the flame wars, fist fights and near riots that break out when Lufftwaffe and Wehrmacht modelers start arguing color and paint! :icon_eek:
You are right there, Laz. Paint and color discussions really bring out the "ultra-geek" in airplane/armor/railroad modelers and fans. When I first visited the J-Aircraft.com site I was amazed at all the lengthy debate over the "ame-iro" (light brown/caramel) color used on early WWII Japanese Zeros. Everybody had an opinion - you'd think they all worked in the paint shop at Mitsubishi. :icon_lol:

lazarus
June 3rd, 2012, 09:32
You are right there, Laz. Paint and color discussions really bring out the "ultra-geek" in airplane/armor/railroad modelers and fans. When I first visited the J-Aircraft.com site I was amazed at all the lengthy debate over the "ame-iro" (light brown/caramel) color used on early WWII Japanese Zeros. Everybody had an opinion - you'd think they all worked in the paint shop at Mitsubishi. :icon_lol:

I always shook my head in amazement at the luftwaffe/wehrmacht color fight, pointless as the camouflage was shipped as a concentrate and field applied in every manner imaginable after being mixed in whatever ratio the guy with the bucket thought appropriate and thinned with anything from petrol to vin ordinare! I made the same mistake with spray bombs of aircraft zinc chromate, thinking, Aha! That solves the zinc chromate color debate! It IS aircraft zinc chromate, after all. And when applied on a model, its NATO camouflage green! Which solved the NATO vehicle color problem...

SSI01
June 3rd, 2012, 11:15
If you guys are researching military colors, try duplicating this one:

British tanks and vehicles arriving in North Africa in WWII had European camouflage on them, and the British 8th Army desperately needed them desert camouflaged upon arrival. No one could seem to duplicate the proper shade of "sand" to match as closely as possible the color of the actual North African sand. In addition, there was a shortage of the proper base color from which to make the right shade. FM Montgomery had at his disposal the services of Jasper Maskelyne, the famous British magician from the pre-WWII London entertainment circuit, who had been made a major in the Army and placed in charge of camouflage and deception measures for the 8th Army. Maskelyne and his crew looked hard for anything that was available in suitable quantities that could be converted to an easily-applied paint for the vehicles. They discovered camel dung, when thinned with a liquid (I forget what it was) could be air-sprayed or applied by brush on the vehicles as needed and when properly proportioned matched exactly the color of the sand. The desert for many miles around Alexandria and Cairo was scoured for this substance.

This story is in the book "The War Magician," that documents Maskelyne's work within the British war effort.

Is there a FS color for camel dung?:icon_eek:

lazarus
June 3rd, 2012, 17:26
So thats the origin of the $#!tty paint job!
Too funny. I always knew that the kippers had a scatological sense of humour, but that goes to a whole new level!:applause:

Mick
June 4th, 2012, 04:03
David told me yesterday that he uploaded the glossy models here and at FlightSim. I thought he said he was going to mention it here in this thread; I don't know why he hasn't. I just checked and the update wasn't on the download list here yet, and FlightSim hadn't yet updated their list for today. I'd suppose that we'll see the update both here and on FlightSim before today is out. The fix might be available by the time you read this.

this4dave2
June 4th, 2012, 06:06
I made a new post for it in the warbirds and 2004 forms.

it was availible yesterday here and to date it has had only 1 hit and viewed 140 times between both forms so I guess people are finding it

David

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 08:58
Thanks David; I got my copy :-) I must have been the first one. Now there are 224 downloads.

Blackbird686
June 4th, 2012, 09:32
Now there are 224 downloads.

And still number 1 on the new files list.... The "Merc" is definately a winner!! :salute:

lazarus
June 5th, 2012, 00:02
A winner and a blast to roar around in. What a pretty airplane. Slowly refining some paint work. Panel lines are workable in some places, but I think I'm going to try something more subtle with tones and shades. Anti glare panel on, some stencils, changed the exhaust swatch to a toasted inconel color and I think I've got the color worked out . The shined model doesn't seem to do much in FSX, but Its not an FSX model, so I'll not worry, this does not detract from enjoyment of the model. More latter!

Mick
June 5th, 2012, 04:21
I made a new post for it in the warbirds and 2004 forms.

it was availible yesterday here and to date it has had only 1 hit and viewed 140 times between both forms so I guess people are finding it

David

Now it's got hundreds of hits here, plus however many more at FlightSim, so they're finding it alright!
David, you've really outdone yourself with this one! :ernae: