PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember...

bearcat241
May 28th, 2012, 14:09
that thread that turned to the topic of converting FSX models to CFS2. Seems that someone jumped in and offered or mentioned a tutorial for this at some point. I thought i downloaded that package but i can't locate it at the moment.

misson
May 28th, 2012, 14:29
that thread that turned to the topic of converting FSX models to CFS2. Seems that someone jumped in and offered or mentioned a tutorial for this at some point. I thought i downloaded that package but i can't locate it at the moment.
i thought that it is impossible to do, i remember some thread sayind that is imposible to convert a FSXmodel to cfs2. but no name of thread.

sc7500
May 28th, 2012, 14:36
I found these notes in my archives - not much info, but it may give you an aiming point:

"...Morton/Simonu, There is/may be a way to convert pure native FSX ac.

Using Bill 'Lionheart' Ortis conversion technique which basically removes the FS9 polygon limit from the compilation process, along with a large number of processes and tweaks, you can convert from native FSX to Fs9. (I have his pdf guide if anyone wants it)

Now once a functioning Fs9 model it may/should be possible to convert to CFS2?
Something to fiddle with during the long winter months..............

I know this is a very nice freebie, but a great and easy conversion is ol' Alphasim's DH100Vampire, if you haven't that already..."

File was dated:
Friday, November 05, 2010, 11:06:00

SC
:kilroy:

And here's the PDF File... --> 66321

bearcat241
May 28th, 2012, 16:56
Thanks SC...that's confirmation for what i found earlier today in my archives. I was thinking on the subject, asked around the membership here and later found that same pdf in my modeling folder and couldn't remember why or when it got there. Curiosity got the better as i started reading through it for relevance to the subject of CFS2 conversions. It's quite vague in terms of dealing directly with my interest, so i wasn't 100% sure that this was the item i was looking for. So thanks again for connecting the dots.

:icon29:

sc7500
May 28th, 2012, 17:57
Oddly, I also found a video file that [apparently] shows step by step how to proceed....

Would you like that also ? :ques:

SC
:kilroy:

Here ya go - 6Meg File Warning

bearcat241
May 28th, 2012, 18:52
Mucho gracias! :icon29::icon29:

misson
May 29th, 2012, 14:15
Mucho gracias! :icon29::icon29:me alegro de que estés de suerte; parece que ahora podré convertir más aviones!
:icon29::icon29:

bearcat241
May 29th, 2012, 15:50
me alegro de que estés de suerte; parece que ahora podré convertir más aviones!
:icon29::icon29:

No tan el amigo rápido ... sólo experimentamos con la idea por ahora. Yendo a guardar esperanza. Sólo puedo intentar...;):running: