PDA

View Full Version : Another Question About Scenery

T Square
May 27th, 2012, 20:53
Ok first thanks for all the help and ideas I,ve just abot got things mapped out the way I want, now comes the fun part. A big thanks to all again. Now on to my next question does any of the CFS2 scenery port over to FS2004, such as Maskriders Scenery, his Pacific Bases are outstanding works of art in CFS2. Finding plenty of ETO bases but not much in the way of PTO. Any suggestions?

And one more time Thank you all for helping this old Veteran out. Figured a 6pack just wouldn't be enough !!!!!

:guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness: :guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness: :guinness::guinness:

AndyG43
May 28th, 2012, 01:59
Which period are you looking at, WW2 or later? If later there are two excellent packages at Avsim, Asia Pacific 1962 (http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=165279)and Indochina 1962 (http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=137357), which are highly recommended; if WW2 era, then I I'm not the best person to help, but I half remember somebody here talking about adapting the Masked Rider stuff for FS2004, can anybody help?

Tom Clayton
May 28th, 2012, 07:16
Don't take this as gospel, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that CFS2 and FS9 used the same scenery formats. After looking at a package in file-view mode over at Flightsim, it appears that the directory structure is the same. Just take the base folder containing the Texture and Scenery folders and place it into the Addon Scenery folder and activate it as usual. If it causes a conflict, you should be able to just deactivate it and delete it.

ian elliot
May 28th, 2012, 09:39
Unfortunatly, out of the box, CFS2 scenery like MaskedRider and Achieme's blended GSL scenery dos'nt work well in FS9, there's no Afcad so it'll not show in your airfield list, and the ground objects wont show either, If your handy with Afcad and can add your own objects with EZ or another object placement utility, the scenery esp the blended backgrounds look pretty good, although your stuck with one season ( no seasonal textures ), so you can get them to show but a bit of work is needed.
cheers ian

robert41
May 28th, 2012, 10:16
I have tried some of MR WW2 sceneries in FS9. Some of them work, to a point.
Because locations, landclasses, and such are different between the sims.
I found it best to use made for FS9 sceneries best.

T Square
May 28th, 2012, 12:25
Man that's a real bummer, Maskrider's scenery in particular are real works of art. Like I said ETO is no problem, Cees Docker alone has covered a lot but so far not much PTO scenery for FS2004. I'll keep lookn'

robert41
May 28th, 2012, 14:32
For the PTO, here is what I have. Prob. missed a few. Should be able to find most of these.

Golden Hawaii, Bill Lyons.
Goose Custom Classics, Bill Lyons.
CV Lex. world cruise. Paul Clawson, Mick Morrissey.
USS Idaho, Paul and Mick.
Iwo Jima, believe by Gary Burns.
Battle of Midway and Coral Sea by Yanko.
Midway Island, John Stinstrom.
Tinian 1945, do not have the author's name.
CV Saratoga, Paul Clawson.
Yamamoto 1942, Dave Bitzer
D ware Corsair package, Solomon Is. scenery, here at SOH.