PDA

View Full Version : SOH Warbird Archive Library File Moves Completed

Pages : [1] 2

Milton Shupe
May 27th, 2012, 11:44
SOH needs to copy the files from the old Warbirds Archive library system to the new library system. This is necessary because the old library system
is not compatible with the new forum software and it lacks the security features of today's systems. This archive is being eliminated in August so we
have 60 days to move the files or lose them forever.

We need 10 volunteers to help move these files.

The FS2002 files have been moved and I have now started working on the FS9 files.

I did this to try to perfect a process of capturing data and pictures, downloading, and then uploading the files to the new library.
Now done, I created a video to show you how to move files quickly and easily.
The video can be found here:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/mas/libmovs.zip

Just to give you a sense of the effort:

There are 4700 files in the FS9 archives.
If we have 10 volunteers to help move files over 60 days, we can get through this easily enough.
You can move 15 files in about 75 minutes on average depending on your download speeds and file sizes.

We will manage and coordinate moves by the page numbers in the archives.
There are 15 files per page and 314 pages. (We must display the pages at 15 entries per page to coordinate the effort.)
I have created page lots in 5 and 30 page increments. For those of you who have limited time but wish to help, request a 5 page lot.

We need volunteers to sign up to move these page lots.

Page Lots - - - Volunteer - - - Completed

01-30: - - - - -Milton Shupe - Completed
31-40: - - - - -Patful - - - - - Completed
41-45: - - - - -SSI01 - - - - - Completed
46-50: - - - - -Patful - - - - - Completed
51-55: - - - - -Patful - - - - - Completed
56-60: - - - - -Patful - - - - - Completed
61-65: - - - - -Firebar - - - - Completed
66-70: - - - - -Patful - - - - - Completed
71-75:- - - - - arfyhun - - - -Completed
76-80:- - - - - Hurricane91 -Completed
81-85:- - - - - Strega13- - - Completed
86-90:- - - - - Dangerousdave26-Completed
91-95: - - - - -SSI01- - - - - Completed
96-100: - - - - DD26- - - - - Completed
101-105:- - - -Modelr- - - - -Completed
106-110:- - - -hawkeye52- - Completed
111-115:- - - -tedcook- - - - Completed
116-120:- - - -firebar- - - - - Completed
121-125:- - - -midav - - - - - Completed
126-130:- - - -glh- -- - - - - -Completed
131-135:- - - -SSI01- - - - - -Completed
136-140: - - - arfyhun - - - - Completed
141-145: - - - tedcook- - - - -Completed
146-150: - - - falcon409- - - Completed
151-155: - - - flaviossa- - - -Completed
156-160: - - - arfyhun - - - - Completed
161-165: - - - tedcook - - - -Completed
166-170: - - - hschuit - - - - Completed
171-175: - - - hschuit- - - - -Completed
176-180: - - - glh- - - - - - - Completed
181-185: - - - glh- - - - - - - Completed
186-190: - - - modelr- - - - -Completed
191-195: - - - hschuit - - - - Completed
196-200: - - - hschuit - - - - Completed
201-205: - - - falcon409- - -Completed
206-210: - - - falcon409- - -Completed
211-215: - - - JoHubb- - - - Completed
216-220:- - - -JoHubb- - - - Completed
221-225:- - - -modelr- - - - Completed
226-230:- - - -Hurricane91- Completed
231-235:- - - -glh- - - - - - -Completed
236-240:- - - -glh- - - - - - -Completed
241-245:- - - -SSI01 - - - - Completed
246-250: - - - arfyhun - - - Completed
251-255: - - - arfyhun - - - Completed
256-260: - - - JoHubb- - - -Completed
261-265: - - - falcon409- - Completed
266-270: - - - JoHubb- - - -Completed
271-275: - - - falcon409 - -Completed
276-280: - - - tedcook- - - Completed
281-285:- - - -glh- - - - - - Completed
286-290: - - - JoHubb- - - -Completed
291-295:- - - -arfyhun - - -Completed
296-300: - - - patful- - - - Completed
301-305: - - --Milton- - - - Completed
306-309: - -- -Milton- - - - Completed
310-314: -- - -Firebar - - -Completed

Before you decide, you might watch the video to get a sense of the process.

This video demonstrates a process I tested on 100 files to quickly and efficiently capture the data, download the files and pictures, and upload them
to the new library system. I hope this helps.

Thanks for volunteering to preserve these files.

If you will please just post that you would like to help, I will assign you a page lot.
Once that is done, you are free to begin the moves.

On behalf of all parties interested in protecting these archives, thank you for stepping up.

I will followup this post with other hints and tips discovered in the process. You may do the same.

patful
May 28th, 2012, 09:38
Overwhelming response so far! :icon_eek: Guess everybody's busy with Memorial Day? I'm downloading the video now. At 80 Kb/sec, not sure how fast I can upload, but I'll give it a look.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 10:01
Thanks Pat. I know everyone is busy, and has limited time. Hopefully we will have some that can find the time to help.

Thank you sir.

patful
May 28th, 2012, 10:25
I'll give it a try. I might find all of the files I lost when I re-formatted earlier this month! :)

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 10:37
Pat, okay, I assign the page lot 31-60 for you

Firebar
May 28th, 2012, 12:42
I can do a few pages while I'm still on unlimited internet over the next week. Since I'm not near a computer in June I could do the short lot at the end?

arfyhun
May 28th, 2012, 13:15
Greetings Milton. I must confess I have no idea whatsoever what to do but I am free until Friday.

I'm willing if you think I'm up to it. What have we all got to lose?

Graham Sullivan.

arfyhun
May 28th, 2012, 13:30
Sorry, forgot to add, will be available from Saturday week onwards also. Have D/Ld the vid and am now going to 'swat up'.

On an allied thread I have a large number of files going back from about 2000? that I have in seperate folders so as not to mix up with the 'post-crash' stuff. I have tried to find them in the new file sections so I can move them into the 'known-about' folders but I have found a lot of .zip name changes for the same file. which is quite a pain.

My highest succes in blending in is with SHIPS, but I still have a few from the old regime which do not appear on the site now.

Is there a main directory list I can access to see which files are known/not known to the site? I've masses of stuff and would like to U/L it if they could be proven to be missing.

Many thanks, sorry to ask a question when this thread is all about providing answers.

Graham Sullivan.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 13:30
I know that most people do not have a lot of time available to do this. Therefore I will break down the lots into smaller pieces, and assign them that way.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 13:35
I can do a few pages while I'm still on unlimited internet over the next week. Since I'm not near a computer in June I could do the short lot at the end?

Thank you. You have pages 61-65. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 13:40
Sorry, forgot to add, will be available from Saturday week onwards also. Have D/Ld the vid and am now going to 'swat up'.

On an allied thread I have a large number of files going back from about 2000? that I have in seperate folders so as not to mix up with the 'post-crash' stuff. I have tried to find them in the new file sections so I can move them into the 'known-about' folders but I have found a lot of .zip name changes for the same file. which is quite a pain.

My highest succes in blending in is with SHIPS, but I still have a few from the old regime which do not appear on the site now.

Is there a main directory list I can access to see which files are known/not known to the site? I've masses of stuff and would like to U/L it if they could be proven to be missing.

Many thanks, sorry to ask a question when this thread is all about providing answers.

Graham Sullivan.

Graham,

Once you watch the video you will understand that all the files in teh Warbirds Archive need to be moved to the new library system. These are files from 2010 back to 2003 in all categories.

We have to coordinate our efforts so we are assigning the workloads by page lots in the library.

Please take care of pages 71-75 after viewing the video.

Thank you :-)

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 13:44
Overwhelming response so far! :icon_eek: Guess everybody's busy with Memorial Day? I'm downloading the video now. At 80 Kb/sec, not sure how fast I can upload, but I'll give it a look.

patful,

If you have a slow connection, then I should reduce your page lot size. If you get that done and want more, I will assign more then.

I will reduce you lot to pages 31 to 40.

Let me know if that is okay.

arfyhun
May 28th, 2012, 13:48
Roger Milton. Have watched the video and am sorted. Will start on pages 71-75 in the morning.

Graham.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 14:09
Roger Milton. Have watched the video and am sorted. Will start on pages 71-75 in the morning.

Graham.

Thank you Sir :-) Salute

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 14:18
It is VITAL that when you display the archive pages, you display at "15 per page".
See the graphic from my first post. This is essential to avoid duplication of efforts and to manage coordination.

If you receive any "404 Page not found" messages, it means that file is unavailable. Ignore it and move on.

The Submitters name is case sensitive. It is best to copy/paste the name. If that name is no longer valid, you may use your name or place them under the user name "NMG." (Non-Member Group)
If you cannot change the submitters name, just leave it as yours.

If you cannot change the date and time to the original uploaded times, then copy paste the original date time and the submitter's name into the description.

If there is no picture in the archive, move on without the picture. No problem.

patful
May 28th, 2012, 14:29
patful,

If you have a slow connection, then I should reduce your page lot size. If you get that done and want more, I will assign more then.

I will reduce you lot to pages 31 to 40.

Let me know if that is okay.

That's fine, Milton. I should have plenty of time, and most of the files aren't particularly large anyway, so if all goes well I'll probably be asking for more. One question: if the file is simply an installer, do we have to include the image? I haven't looked at my pages yet, so hopefully pictures are zipped up with the installer, it was just the first thing that crossed my mind.

Pat

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 14:38
That's fine, Milton. I should have plenty of time, and most of the files aren't particularly large anyway, so if all goes well I'll probably be asking for more. One question: if the file is simply an installer, do we have to include the image? I haven't looked at my pages yet, so hopefully pictures are zipped up with the installer, it was just the first thing that crossed my mind.

Pat

Great! We'll take it as it comes.

If there are no pictures posted and one exists in the archive, just open it and save it in the download folder.
If it is an installer and/or no picture exists, move on without a picture; do not worry about it.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 14:43
I have opened up a lot of 5-page lots (at 15 files per page). If you feel more comfortable with a 5 page commitment, we will do it that way.

We have 60 days to get this done so do not feel pressure to hurry.

If you get done with a 5-page lot, there will plenty more available. :-)

Firebar
May 28th, 2012, 14:48
What's the drill for files that come up as invalid archive when you try to open them? Specifically on P61 the 106B_319th_FIS.zip.

Also I'm one of the people who can't change the uploaded by or uploaded time sections

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 14:52
What's the drill for files that come up as invalid archive when you try to open them? Specifically on P61 the 106B_319th_FIS.zip.

Also I'm one of the people who can't change the uploaded by or uploaded time sections

Any Invalids or 404's, ignore and move on. They may have already been uploaded.

Moderators can change these; you may not be able to. If not, no problem, move on. :-)

Thank you

EDIT: Just verified that is a bad archive. No problem; move on. :-)

patful
May 28th, 2012, 14:57
Working on my first file, all was going well until I tried to change the submitter and submission time. No go there, can't copy, paste, or change it. Help?

Just read the previous post, sorry about that. :sleep:

Can we just add "by Wild Bill Kelso" at the end of the description?

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 15:02
Yes, just add the submitter's name to the description. Thanks

If you would like to copy paste the original date and time there, that would also be cool. :-)

patful
May 28th, 2012, 15:19
Will do from now on. The keywords don't really match up with what I entered, seems they're now all lower-case and in alphabetical order.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 15:30
Will do from now on. The keywords don't really match up with what I entered, seems they're now all lower-case and in alphabetical order.

Not a problem ... the DB software does that for easy indexing and searching.

SSI01
May 28th, 2012, 15:41
Milton I've got a few days until I have my defib put in. I've taken so much from this site without contributing I would like to do something to redress that situation. I think I've got 100MBpS according to my toolbar. Got anything you can lay on me?

Firebar
May 28th, 2012, 15:56
Page 61 Uploaded
Page 62 Uploaded - Sorry SteveB but I'm bored of MiG-21s
Page 63 Uploaded - Yet more MiGs
Page 64 Uploaded
Page 65 Uploaded
Also (though outside my remit):
Page 310 Downloaded
Page 311 Downloaded
Page 312 Downloaded
Page 313 Downloaded
Page 314 Downloaded

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 16:05
Milton I've got a few days until I have my defib put in. I've taken so much from this site without contributing I would like to do something to redress that situation. I think I've got 100MBpS according to my toolbar. Got anything you can lay on me?

Page Lot 41-45 is a good place to start.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 16:08
Page 61 Uploaded
Page 62 Downloaded
Page 63 Downloaded
Page 64 Downloaded
Page 65 Downloaded

Also (though outside my remit):
Page 310 Downloaded
Page 311 Downloaded
Page 312 Downloaded
Page 313 Downloaded
Page 314 Downloaded

Thank you ... assigned Page lot 310-314 as well. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 16:15
Most of the pages go very fast because they are mostly repaints, small file sizes.

Rami
May 28th, 2012, 18:13
Good evening,

Thanks for the effort thus far, all files as of Monday night have been approved and sorted. Kudos to those who include user names and dates, it makes my job one hell of a lot easier! :salute:

patful
May 28th, 2012, 19:32
At the end of my first page, there's an aircraft without the gauges, and another uploaded file with only the gauges. For simplicity, I put the gauges in the aircraft's correct folder and dropped the gauges upload. Does this make me a bad person? I haven't uploaded it yet, was hoping to get the OK first.

Milton Shupe
May 28th, 2012, 19:40
At the end of my first page, there's an aircraft without the gauges, and another uploaded file with only the gauges. For simplicity, I put the gauges in the aircraft's correct folder and dropped the gauges upload. Does this make me a bad person? I haven't uploaded it yet, was hoping to get the OK first.

I guess that is fine but more than I would do. If it will upload, I just upload it. With 4700 files, no time for babysitting. :-)

patful
May 28th, 2012, 20:50
Two pages done in two-and-a-half hours, your 75-minute estimate was right. Fun and interesting to see all these files again, go ahead and give me 30 pages if you're happy with my results. Just glad to contribute.

Pat

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 04:34
Two pages done in two-and-a-half hours, your 75-minute estimate was right. Fun and interesting to see all these files again, go ahead and give me 30 pages if you're happy with my results. Just glad to contribute.

Pat

Thank you Pat; greatly appreciated. I too am knocking out two pages per day. That kind of pace really will keep us ahead of schedule. :-)

New assignments posted in the top first page post.

Rami
May 29th, 2012, 04:56
Firebar,

By "invalid," do you mean a 404 error? If that's the case, move on. Those files were lost in the 2010 server crash, and many have been replaced in the Warbirds Library.

Also, I have approved all uploads to this point. If you come across a "patch" for something, like the one for Epsillon's P-51 repaints, you can apply the patch to the original file and make a note in the file.

I did this with the patch for his three P-51s, including them with the original files and deleting the patch while I was moderating them.

patful
May 29th, 2012, 06:01
If you come across a "patch" for something, like the one for Epsillon's P-51 repaints, you can apply the patch to the original file and make a note in the file.

I did this with the patch for his three P-51s, including them with the original files and deleting the patch while I was moderating them.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif Oops, sorry about that. I did fix a file with missing gauges, but didn't think to do the same for those P-51's.

Pat

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 06:23
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif Oops, sorry about that. I did fix a file with missing gauges, but didn't think to do the same for those P-51's.

Pat

Thanks Pat. No big deal. If you want to do such fixes, that's to your discretion. I am not encouraging it but do not object either but it is difficult to TEST changes and takes a lot of time.

We have lots of files to move and that is my focus. :-)

SSI01
May 29th, 2012, 06:59
SSI01 has moved pgs 41 & 42 - taking a break to pick up some 'scrips at the pharmacy & will return shortly.:salute:

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 07:17
SSI01 has moved pgs 41 & 42 - taking a break to pick up some 'scrips at the pharmacy & will return shortly.:salute:

Thank you Sir :-)

Hurricane91
May 29th, 2012, 07:49
Hello Milton,
I volunteer. I have never uploaded anything before but it's time to learn how. I will review the video and
wait for an assignment. Glad to help.

John

Firebar
May 29th, 2012, 08:18
By "invalid," do you mean a 404 error? If that's the case, move on. Those files were lost in the 2010 server crash, and many have been replaced in the Warbirds Library.

Nope when I tried opening the file for an image it said "Windows cannot open the folder.

The Compressed (zipped) Folder C:\...\106B_319th_FIS.zip is invalid."

Tried redownloading and the same happened.

arfyhun
May 29th, 2012, 08:19
Greetings Milton, I have all my files & pics ready to send. I have uploaded the first (WW2 P51 Passion Wagon updated) but could not enter the original name (Greenhouse357) nor date and time (2008-03-27 10:47:57). The screen would not allow me to change them, it was set with arfyhun and real upload time.

Any way round this? It worked lovely on your video but I'm blocked.

If you need me to carry on I'm more than happy to.

Please advise mate,

Graham.

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 08:32
Hello Milton,
I volunteer. I have never uploaded anything before but it's time to learn how. I will review the video and
wait for an assignment. Glad to help.

John

Thank you John; we really need the help :-)

I have assigned page lots 76-80 to you. If you have any questions, post or PM me.

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 08:33
Nope when I tried opening the file for an image it said "Windows cannot open the folder.

The Compressed (zipped) Folder C:\...\106B_319th_FIS.zip is invalid."

Tried redownloading and the same happened.

Firebar, just ignore that file and move on. No problem. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 08:36
Greetings Milton, I have all my files & pics ready to send. I have uploaded the first (WW2 P51 Passion Wagon updated) but could not enter the original name (Greenhouse357) nor date and time (2008-03-27 10:47:57). The screen would not allow me to change them, it was set with arfyhun and real upload time.

Any way round this? It worked lovely on your video but I'm blocked.

If you need me to carry on I'm more than happy to.

Please advise mate,

Graham.

Here are the current rules with your answer in RED and large type. Thanks.

It is VITAL that when you display the archive pages, you display at "15 per page".
See the graphic from my first post. This is essential to avoid duplication of efforts and to manage coordination.

If you receive any "404 Page not found" messages, it means that file is unavailable. Ignore it and move on.

The Submitters name is case sensitive. It is best to copy/paste the name. If that name is no longer valid, you may use your name or place them under the user name "NMG." (Non-Member Group)
If you cannot change the submitters name, just leave it as yours.

If you cannot change the date and time to the original uploaded times, then copy paste the original date time and the submitter's name into the description.

If there is no picture in the archive, move on without the picture. No problem.

arfyhun
May 29th, 2012, 08:47
Roger, Milton. Carrying on now.

Rami
May 29th, 2012, 09:08
Good afternoon,

With regard to applying fixes and patches, I'll save that for my discretion. Sorry, but every so often, the anal-retentive side of my personality comes out. :violent:

strega13
May 29th, 2012, 09:27
hi .
I have a day per week or so when i can do that beetween errands so if you want , i can get a few pages done

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 09:39
hi .
I have a day per week or so when i can do that beetween errands so if you want , i can get a few pages done

Thank you strega13 :-)

I have assigned page lots 81-85 to you. Just work on them as you have time.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Rami
May 29th, 2012, 11:07
Good afternoon,

I'm keeping up with youz guys so far...:wiggle:

Firebar
May 29th, 2012, 11:22
I've now got pages 61 to 65 uploaded, something I've noticed is that if you double click on submit you get two uploads I think. I'm blaming this entirely on my slightly broken mouse. Nothing at all to do with workmen and tools.

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 11:48
I've now got pages 61 to 65 uploaded, something I've noticed is that if you double click on submit you get two uploads I think. I'm blaming this entirely on my slightly broken mouse. Nothing at all to do with workmen and tools.

Thank you .. noted. No problem; Rami will take care of that. :-)

arfyhun
May 29th, 2012, 12:03
Milton, my kit has 'just fallen off the twig'. I've been hearing a mechanical 'tock' at times before, but I have ignored it. Toinght, but as things have a way of doing, it did an 'A 'ops 'B' ops 'C' (Tock, tock, tock, of those who are still/were Strowger exchange engineers. (I was a Technical Officer in G.B. in G.P.O. times), I R/Xd the Blue screen of Death. All gone.

Unfortunately I didn't save my Notepad as I went.

'Cos I am not sure from which moment my kit fell I intend to start from the end of page 75 and work backwards, if thats all right with you.

Regards'

Graham.

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 12:24
Milton, my kit has 'just fallen off the twig'. I've been hearing a mechanical 'tock' at times before, but I have ignored it. Toinght, but as things have a way of doing, it did an 'A 'ops 'B' ops 'C' (Tock, tock, tock, of those who are still/were Strowger exchange engineers. (I was a Technical Officer in G.B. in G.P.O. times), I R/Xd the Blue screen of Death. All gone.

Unfortunately I didn't save my Notepad as I went.

'Cos I am not sure from which moment my kit fell I intend to start from the end of page 75 and work backwards, if thats all right with you.

Regards'

Graham.

Oh man; sorry to hear that Graham. Do whatever you feel is right. Thanks and I hope you get it all sorted out.

SSI01
May 29th, 2012, 13:54
Pages 41 through 45 are complete.

Please note on page 44, file "ZH_C123_USAF_BLACK.ZIP" came back with a 404 Error, so was unable to do anything with it. I know you posted re: these error msgs but thought I'd let you know for housekeeping purposes.

Please let me know what else I can do for you.

:salute:

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 15:23
Pages 41 through 45 are complete.

Please note on page 44, file "ZH_C123_USAF_BLACK.ZIP" came back with a 404 Error, so was unable to do anything with it. I know you posted re: these error msgs but thought I'd let you know for housekeeping purposes.

Please let me know what else I can do for you.

Thank you Sir

YOu may take page lot 91-95 if you wish.

SSI01
May 29th, 2012, 18:23
Wilco - tomorrow AM.

modelr
May 29th, 2012, 18:56
Milton,

Give me a set of pages. Will get them done over next couple days.

Thanks
Don

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 19:26
Milton,

Give me a set of pages. Will get them done over next couple days.

Thanks
Don
Thank you Don.

I have assigned page lot 101-105 for you.

I appreciate that. :-)

patful
May 29th, 2012, 20:15
33-35 finished.

Milton Shupe
May 29th, 2012, 20:43
33-35 finished.
Noted; thank you sir :-)

hawkeye52
May 30th, 2012, 08:25
Milton, I'm ready to try this.

- h52

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 08:41
Milton, I'm ready to try this.

- h52

I have assigned the page lot 106-110. If you want more when done, let me know. :-)

tedcook
May 30th, 2012, 09:37
Hello Milton - I'll take a page lot to see how it goes.
Regards, Ted

Firebar
May 30th, 2012, 10:04
Pages 310-314 uploaded

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 10:10
Hello Milton - I'll take a page lot to see how it goes.
Regards, Ted

Thank you Ted. I have assigned page lot 111-115 for you. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 10:11
Pages 310-314 uploaded

Thank you Sir; status updated :-)

EDIT: Oh, did you want another lot? If so, page lot 116-120.

midav
May 30th, 2012, 10:23
Milton

I will take five (5).

Thanks - Mike

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 10:29
Milton

I will take five (5).

Thanks - Mike

Hey Mike; great to see you.

I have assigned page lot 121-125 for you.

Thanks a bunch! :-)

ron1066
May 30th, 2012, 10:30
not sure what this intails,but have time and are willing to help.Give me 24hrs,then tell me what you want.

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 10:34
not sure what this intails,but have time and are willing to help.Give me 24hrs,then tell me what you want.

Thank you ron1066. If you read my first post on page one, then download and watch the video, it makes it simple. :-)

Let me know when you are ready.

hawkeye52
May 30th, 2012, 10:40
I'm ready to upload the first file from my first page, but the bloody thing will NOT ALLOW ME to delete my name nor the current time & date. Copy & paste does not work, nor does manual entry. :angryfir:

Suggestions?

- h52

Firebar
May 30th, 2012, 10:42
Thank you Sir; status updated :-)

EDIT: Oh, did you want another lot? If so, page lot 116-120.

Oh go on then

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 10:53
I'm ready to upload the first file from my first page, but the bloody thing will NOT ALLOW ME to delete my name nor the current time & date. Copy & paste does not work, nor does manual entry. :angryfir:

Suggestions?

- h52

When I did the video, the plan was to give you all the capability. That has not happened yet.

From a post above:

"If you cannot change the date and time to the original uploaded times, then copy paste the original date time and the submitter's name into the description."

Then use you own name and leave the date and time as is.
Rami will take care of it from his end.
Thanks

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 10:54
Oh go on then

LOL You call; we appreciate the help but it all does not have to happen in one week. We have 60 days to get this done. :-)

My personal plan is to do 2 pages (30 files) per day. That leaves time for my other projects and the wife. :-)

hawkeye52
May 30th, 2012, 11:01
Rami will take care of it from his end.
Thanks

Roger, but the above excerpt is new :-)
- H52

Firebar
May 30th, 2012, 11:03
Heh, not like I'm doing anything useful anyway (speaking as a student). I just want to get anything I get done before Monday because then I'm going to be deprived of the internet for 3 whole weeks! How will I ever survive?

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 11:06
Roger, but the above excerpt is new :-)
- H52

Yes and it was not in quotes. :-)

Just wanted to close the loop on how things are getting done. :-)

We are making great progress on assignments and if we can each just keep knocking out 2 pages a day, we will get there in time.

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 11:08
Heh, not like I'm doing anything useful anyway (speaking as a student). I just want to get anything I get done before Monday because then I'm going to be deprived of the internet for 3 whole weeks! How will I ever survive?

OMG! 3 weeks! Now that is torment!

patful
May 30th, 2012, 11:12
I was just kicked off as I finished up Page 37, so I uploaded it again, hopefully not twice. I don't have a wife, nobody to complain if I spend too much time here. ;)

glh
May 30th, 2012, 11:16
Milton:

I've downloaded your video and will watch it this evening. I'll take a shot at 5 pages -- tell me which ones.

Desert Rat
May 30th, 2012, 12:00
I've just noticed this, sorry. Not sure if I can help due to time (four kids and a wife (fifth kid ;)) and a PP internet connection, I struggle to download videos, I have to buffer everything on you-tube on pause, go away and do something else and come back later to watch, I also have to avoid screenshot threads, unless I'm feeling masochistic. I'm also suffering FS avoidance at the moment due to a very long and frequent string of bad luck, haven't launched FS for weeks.

I helped with a similar thing years ago when Rami categorized the CFS2 library, wish I could with this as I may need the library when I rebuild again.

Thank goodness for Assassin's Creed, it's kept me sane recently. Although I have found myself wandering if I can tweak it, had to slap myself and snap out of it!!

apologies,
Jamie

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 12:05
I've just noticed this, sorry. Not sure if I can help due to time (four kids and a wife (fifth kid ;)) and a PP internet connection, I struggle to download videos, I have to buffer everything on you-tube on pause, go away and do something else and come back later to watch, I also have to avoid screenshot threads, unless I'm feeling masochistic. I'm also suffering FS avoidance at the moment due to a very long and frequent string of bad luck, haven't launched FS for weeks.

I helped with a similar thing years ago when Rami categorized the CFS2 library, wish I could with this as I may need the library when I rebuild again.

Thank goodness for Assassin's Creed, it's kept me sane recently. Although I have found myself wandering if I can tweak it, had to slap myself and snap out of it!!

apologies,
Jamie

LOL Sorry about the PP internet connection. At least you have a basketball team size family to keep you entertained. :-)

No problem; we appreciate your thoughts and moral support.

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 12:07
Milton:

I've downloaded your video and will watch it this evening. I'll take a shot at 5 pages -- tell me which ones.

Thanks glh :-)

I assigned the Warbirds Archive FS2k4 page lot 126-130 for you. :-)

SSI01
May 30th, 2012, 12:55
Pages 91-95 complete.

Page 92 files IRIS_P-40F_L_USAAF.zip and IRIS_P-40F_L_AVG.zip returned "Error 404" messages and were not copied/forwarded.:salute:

Firebar
May 30th, 2012, 13:04
Pages 116-120 Uploaded

In total the files that I havent been able to download or have been corrupted are:

106B_319th_FIS.zip - Page 61
dh4quant.zip - Page 120
dh4vs4.zip - Page 120
8kcab01.zip - Page 310
Andrews,_Langley_and_Holloman.zip - Page 310
Nellis,_Hill_and_Eglin.zip - Page 310
cripesamighty3.zip - Page 313
SchreckFBA17he2_panReplace.zip - Page 313
DC3_Aeroflot.zip - Page 314

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 13:08
Pages 91-95 complete.

Page 92 files IRIS_P-40F_L_USAAF.zip and IRIS_P-40F_L_AVG.zip returned "Error 404" messages and were not copied/forwarded.:salute:

Thank you sir; noted :-)

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 13:09
Pages 116-120 Uploaded

In total the files that I havent been able to download or have been corrupted are:

106B_319th_FIS.zip - Page 61
dh4quant.zip - Page 120
dh4vs4.zip - Page 120
8kcab01.zip - Page 310
Andrews,_Langley_and_Holloman.zip - Page 310
Nellis,_Hill_and_Eglin.zip - Page 310
cripesamighty3.zip - Page 313
SchreckFBA17he2_panReplace.zip - Page 313
DC3_Aeroflot.zip - Page 314

Thank you ... I'll see that Rami sees this as well.

Rami
May 30th, 2012, 13:10
Good afternoon,

Thank you, I will investigate them once I catch up.

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 13:14
Pages 91-95 complete.

Thank you Sir! Did you want a new assignment?

SSI01
May 30th, 2012, 13:18
I've got until next Tuesday to handle some for you. I'd like to rest my eyes for a while, but yes, I can do some more.:wiggle:

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 14:05
I've got until next Tuesday to handle some for you. I'd like to rest my eyes for a while, but yes, I can do some more.:wiggle:

I do not do more than 3 pages a day, usually only two. One early, one late in the day.

I will give you page lot 131-135. Restrict your work on this to 1-2 pages per day. That's plenty.

Thanks

hawkeye52
May 30th, 2012, 14:20
Pages 106 and 107 completed and uploaded....with the following two exceptions:

p.107 file jt2ndbgflyingforts.zip returned Error 404
p.107 file jtf6lilmargaret.zip returned Error 404

- H52

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 14:44
Pages 106 and 107 completed and uploaded....with the following two exceptions:

p.107 file jt2ndbgflyingforts.zip returned Error 404
p.107 file jtf6lilmargaret.zip returned Error 404

- H52

Thank you H52; noted :-)

patful
May 30th, 2012, 14:53
If we're listing bad files...Page 32 - nieuport_type11_fs9.zip - 404; Page 33 - Eps_P-51CFL_Gladys.zip - invalid archive; Page 38 - sf8_f86_king.zip - 404.

patful
May 30th, 2012, 15:26
Um, do our uploads disappear after a few seconds if Rami is approving them? I always immediately double-check each of my uploads after they go through, but I just tried to check one and it said there was nothing new to view. Then my last ten uploads disappeared too.

Rami
May 30th, 2012, 15:55
Patful,

If I happen to moderating it, yes. I am switching the names from the uploader to the original one if possible, and inserting the correct date. When this happens, it moved the upload to the correct position in the library.

modelr
May 30th, 2012, 16:33
Milton and Rami,

Getting ready to start uploading page 101 now. Had to come here to find instructions for original uploader and dates, since I can't change it. Found those ok.

Noticed a bunch of error 404 messages about files missing/damaged. I have a pretty good number of them, so, if people can post those file names, I can check and if I have them, upload those I have, if that's ok. Will post them as if they are not damaged, (as we are doing now) if you want me to. I keep all my downloaded files in their original state, so I have them exactly as originally uploaded. I just file them in my library under model author's name, for all aircraft related files, and country name for scenery.

Don

Rami
May 30th, 2012, 16:42
Don,

404 errors were files lost in the 2010 server crash. More than 95% of those were already uploaded to the new library.

modelr
May 30th, 2012, 17:04
Don,

404 errors were files lost in the 2010 server crash. More than 95% of those were already uploaded to the new library.

Ok, Rami. Thanks.

I remember doing some of those, myself.

If you need any, let me know. I don't have everything, but I do have quite a few aircraft and paints, along with a large number of mods.

I'm an insufferable collector. Have over 500GB of 2004 stuff.

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 18:53
We have to move no less than 80 files a day on average to meet the deadline. Thats 5.3 pages per day total.

If we all (10 of us) do 1 page of uploads a day on average, we will get done with this transition with time to spare.

I do not want anyone burning themselves out on this. This is not urgent unless we fall below 6 people times 1 page per day.

Take your time, do not burn out on this.

I really appreciate all your efforts jumping on this challenge. But I know many of you are "time challenged" and there are other things that need attention.

Set a pace, get your 1 or 2 pages done per day (on average, or 7 pages per week) and we will be in great shape.

Thanks a bunch! :applause:

glh
May 30th, 2012, 20:17
Milton:

Just FYI. There is a nice freeware program called PHOTOFILTRE that I will use to compress the .jpeg image files from about 90-100% (high quality) down to 10% (low quality). I really do not see any measurable difference in what is viewed but the savings in file size is tremendous. This may be of use to SOH to save a lot of server file space and I cannot think of any other method to do this.

Here is a sample from my assigned pg. 127 of FS2K4 (WOP_BF109E_BLACK_3.zip). It just came to me that the library may have a use for this software.

Milton Shupe
May 30th, 2012, 20:26
Milton:

Just FYI. There is a nice freeware program called PHOTOFILTRE that I will use to compress the .jpeg image files from about 90-100% (high quality) down to 10% (low quality). I really do not see any measurable difference in what is viewed but the savings in file size is tremendous. This may be of use to SOH to save a lot of server file space and I cannot think of any other method to do this.

Here is a sample from my assigned pg. 127 of FS2K4 (WOP_BF109E_BLACK_3.zip). It just came to me that the library may have a use for this software.

That is something that Rami and the management team will have to decide upon. The library may already compress the jpegs or resize them, not sure.

Thanks for the suggestion.

patful
May 30th, 2012, 20:37
I do not want anyone burning themselves out on this.

Not happening so far. Many of the files on some of the pages were about 1MB, so they went faster than expected.

Weird, I had a repeat of the "invalid email address" as I uploaded my last file of the night. Had to log in again, but ended up uploading the wrong file, so there are now two "AFRES Silver C-123 Corrected" and one "AFRES Gray C-123 Corrected". The similar names confused me. Sorry about that! :redf:

31-40 done. Looking at Page 46, I will slow down.

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 05:05
Not happening so far. Many of the files on some of the pages were about 1MB, so they went faster than expected.

Weird, I had a repeat of the "invalid email address" as I uploaded my last file of the night. Had to log in again, but ended up uploading the wrong file, so there are now two "AFRES Silver C-123 Corrected" and one "AFRES Gray C-123 Corrected". The similar names confused me. Sorry about that! :redf:

31-40 done. Looking at Page 46, I will slow down.

LOL Thanks patful; I suspect we have all done that at one tiome or another.

Thanks a bunch! :-)

arfyhun
May 31st, 2012, 06:54
Greetings Milton. Pages 71-75 completed. I do have three 'orphans' due to my B.S.O.D adventure which I cannot confirm presently as having reached you.

They are;dsb_a7_vx5.zip; me262_dimtt.zip and VMAQ2_HV.zip.

My money is on them being sent as I have located other 'orphans' as having been returned home.
So to speak.

Five more pages please Milton.

Standing by,

Graham.

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 07:36
Greetings Milton. Pages 71-75 completed. I do have three 'orphans' due to my B.S.O.D adventure which I cannot confirm presently as having reached you.

They are;dsb_a7_vx5.zip; me262_dimtt.zip and VMAQ2_HV.zip.

My money is on them being sent as I have located other 'orphans' as having been returned home.
So to speak.

Five more pages please Milton.

Standing by,

Graham.

I have assigned page lot 136-140 for you. Greatly appreciate your efforts. :-)

arfyhun
May 31st, 2012, 07:44
Pages 136-140. Roger. (Sorry, Milton).

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 08:01
Pages 136-140. Roger. (Sorry, Milton).

No need for apologies. Rami will take care of it. Thanks :-)

tedcook
May 31st, 2012, 13:10
Milton - Pages 111 - 115 done with the exception of file 104ami_m.zip which WinZip says is corrupted.

Ted.

SSI01
May 31st, 2012, 13:18
SSI has completed 131 and 132. Balance should be done tomorrow.

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 13:30
Milton - Pages 111 - 115 done with the exception of file 104ami_m.zip which WinZip says is corrupted.

Ted.

Ah, great Ted. Let me know if/when you want more. Thank you. :-)

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 13:31
SSI has completed 131 and 132. Balance should be done tomorrow.

tedcook
May 31st, 2012, 15:08
Very well Milton, allocate another lot - Ted

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 15:13
Very well Milton, allocate another lot - Ted

Page lot 141-145

glh
May 31st, 2012, 18:24
Milton:

Progress report on pgs. 126-130. I have downloaded the files, corresponding data and created what image files I can. I encountered no broken files. I will begin the upload process tomorrow and continue throughout the weekend.

modelr
May 31st, 2012, 18:45
Completed pg 101 and 102. Have downloaded all 5 pages. I did correct a spelling mistake in a file name, (a dislexik "W" for an "M"), hope that doesn't screw things up to much.

I also replaced a bad file I had the replacement for. Both of these were on page 101.

Will get to work on next page tomorrow, bed time for early work start tomorrow.:sleep:

patful
May 31st, 2012, 20:34
Finished 46-50, with one bad file, TBM-3_VC-97.zip on Page 49, 404 error. :sleep:

Milton Shupe
May 31st, 2012, 21:03
Milton:

Progress report on pgs. 126-130. I have downloaded the files, corresponding data and created what image files I can. I encountered no broken files. I will begin the upload process tomorrow and continue throughout the weekend.

Great! Progress feels good, huh?

Completed pg 101 and 102. Have downloaded all 5 pages. I did correct a spelling mistake in a file name, (a dislexik "W" for an "M"), hope that doesn't screw things up to much.

I also replaced a bad file I had the replacement for. Both of these were on page 101.

Will get to work on next page tomorrow, bed time for early work start tomorrow.:sleep:

Thank you sir; progress noted.

Finished 46-50, with one bad file, TBM-3_VC-97.zip on Page 49, 404 error. :sleep:

Congrats patful; greatly appreciated. :-)

falcon409
June 1st, 2012, 02:53
Milton, I can take some pages, if you need extra help!

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 04:55
Milton, I can take some pages, if you need extra help!

Well thank you so much sir. I know you helped on the FSX side so this is greatly appreciated as our 314 page workload is 5 times greater on the FS9 side.

I have assigned page lot 146-150 to you.

Again, thank you. :salute:

flaviossa
June 1st, 2012, 05:45
I can help here too. If needed let me know.

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 05:50
I can help here too. If needed let me know.

I I have assigned page lot 151-155 for you. Greatly appreciate your continued help.

arfyhun
June 1st, 2012, 07:07
Pages 136-140 done. Ready for next lot Milton.

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 07:14
Pages 136-140 done. Ready for next lot Milton.

Graham.

Woohooo! :-)

Okay, I have assigned page lot 156-160 for you. Thanks a bunch! :-)

arfyhun
June 1st, 2012, 07:23
Roger Milton. 155-160. As the porter said, 'I'm on the case'.

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 07:29
Roger Milton. 155-160. As the porter said, 'I'm on the case'.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, yes, as I have been this morning with my 30 page lot. :-)

falcon409
June 1st, 2012, 09:36
Well thank you so much sir. I know you helped on the FSX side so this is greatly appreciated as our 314 page workload is 5 times greater on the FS9 side.
I have assigned page lot 146-150 to you.
Again, thank you. :salute:
Glad to help out Milton!! I'm on it!

flaviossa
June 1st, 2012, 12:45
151-155 done.
There was one error:
Page 155: wm_D18_Nitro_Express.zip Error 404.

For now, i will take a brake on the jobs because i will travell this weekend. Next monday, if there is work to do yet, i´ll commit again. :salute:

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 13:23
151-155 done.
There was one error:
Page 155: wm_D18_Nitro_Express.zip Error 404.

For now, i will take a brake on the jobs because i will travell this weekend. Next monday, if there is work to do yet, i´ll commit again. :salute:

Wow! Thank you very much Sir :-) Excellent job!

Okay, have a great weekend. :-)

tedcook
June 1st, 2012, 15:12
Pages 141 - 145 done
pp144, file 109e7_ra.zip -->'Corrupted'
Another set please

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 15:20
Pages 141 - 145 done
pp144, file 109e7_ra.zip -->'Corrupted'
Another set please

Excellent TedCook. :applause:

Thank you so much.

I have assigned 161-165 for you Sir :-)

falcon409
June 1st, 2012, 16:58
Milton, Rami had noted on the FSX side that he had already done the files for RobH, does that hold true for the FS9 side as well?

SSI01
June 1st, 2012, 17:00
SSI has completed 133-134. No problem files.:salute:

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 17:25
Milton, Rami had noted on the FSX side that he had already done the files for RobH, does that hold true for the FS9 side as well?

He did not say anything to me about it so go ahead with moving anything in FS9.

Thanks

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 17:25
SSI has completed 133-134. No problem files.:salute:

Thank you Sir :wavey:

falcon409
June 1st, 2012, 17:35
He did not say anything to me about it so go ahead with moving anything in FS9.
Thanks
Will do!!:salute:

patful
June 1st, 2012, 20:41
51-53 done, with a 404 error on Page 51, scorpion.zip.

Pat

falcon409
June 1st, 2012, 21:57
Sorry to have dragged this set out so long. . .too many interruptions. Only error was for Bob Rivera's "AS_Vampire_XJ771.zip" (4.43meg) - Error 404 -. I will be able to do more, but I'll have to see what the day looks like after I wake up. . .I may have company.

hschuit
June 2nd, 2012, 02:49
Seems all pages on the dark side are done or assigned, so if you need a hand here, just give me 5 pages. I rarely use FS9 these days, the smell of the old FS9 archives might give me a nostalgia trip LOL :icon29:

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 04:56
Seems all pages on the dark side are done or assigned, so if you need a hand here, just give me 5 pages. I rarely use FS9 these days, the smell of the old FS9 archives might give me a nostalgia trip LOL :icon29:

LOL Nostalgia indeed! :-)

I have assigned page lot 166-170 for you.

Thank you so much. :wiggle:

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 04:59
Sorry to have dragged this set out so long. . .too many interruptions. Only error was for Bob Rivera's "AS_Vampire_XJ771.zip" (4.43meg) - Error 404 -. I will be able to do more, but I'll have to see what the day looks like after I wake up. . .I may have company.

It's not a problem Ed. We have plenty time to work through these pages; we just need to keep a steady pace, and right now we are well ahead of that pace. :-) Doing 2-3 pages a day is plenty to do.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 04:59
51-53 done, with a 404 error on Page 51, scorpion.zip.

Pat

Thanks Pat; noted :-)

Rami
June 2nd, 2012, 06:21
Good morning,

Yeah...I gave up trying to keep pace with you guys after a day or two. Great work...but it's a bit disturbing to feel like you made a good dent in the amount of files you have to approve before you go to sleep, only to wake up and see last night's gains erased, with even more work ahead of you...:banghead:

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 06:53
Good morning,

Yeah...I gave up trying to keep pace with you guys after a day or two. Great work...but it's a bit disturbing to feel like you made a good dent in the amount of files you have to approve before you go to sleep, only to wake up and see last night's gains erased, with even more work ahead of you...:banghead:

Sometimes we must be careful what we ask for ... :wiggle:

Dangerousdave26
June 2nd, 2012, 06:54
Final page in my first group completed yesterday. 86 - 90 complete

I will be starting on my next group today.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 06:55
Final page in my first group completed yesterday. 86 - 90 complete

I will be starting on my next group today.

Thank you Sir, and I'm certain that Rami thanks you too. :-)

SSI01
June 2nd, 2012, 07:22
SSI01 has completed pg. 135. No problem files.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 07:35
SSI01 has completed pg. 135. No problem files.

:salute: Thank you Sir :-)

hschuit
June 2nd, 2012, 09:22
Milton, just completed pages 166-170, or what was left of it in the old archive - check out this damage report:

Pag 167
404 - File or directory not found:
FR_Bf-109K-4_textures_for_choice.zip
MH-6C.zip
F6F-3_VF27_Skin_Pack.zip
Eps_WWIIF_109_Wespe_FIX.zip
Eps_WWIIF_109_Wespe.zip
OH-6A.zip
Raoul_Lufbery_Textures.zip

Pag 168
JX866_808_SQN_FAA.zip
JV131_800_SQN_FAA.zip
JV114_1839_SQN_FAA.zip
hurrlwilliefix.zip
hurrlwillie.zip
tudor.zip
ruston.zip
quab3.zip
t4mv2pt5.zip
t4mv2pt4.zip
t4mv2pt3.zip
t4mv2pt2.zip

BAD ZIP FILE:
109ewhite14.zip

Pag 169
t4mv2pt1.zip
wm_Merc_Air_Connie.zip
h500_merc.zip
Polish_Training_SPAD.zip
wm_Old_Stratocruiser.zip
wm_Merc_Air_B377.zip
f6f5lsfm.zip
do335_repaints_fs9.zip
Texture_Fix.zip
Kessler_2-D_Panel.zip
Ernst_Kessler.zip

Pag 170
Stefan_Stec.zip
Repaint_texture_fixes.zip
Polish_No_7_Squadron.zip
Louis_de_Diesbach.zip
HV_Jasta2_Fokker_D.VII.zip
heldmann.zip
naval_trainer_AA5.ZIP
get_fritz.zip
Texture_Fixes.zip
GulfHawk_textures.zip

Feel free to toss me another 5 pages if you still trust me around here :gameoff:

cheers, Henk.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 09:39
Milton, just completed pages 166-170, or what was left of it in the old archive - check out this damage report:

Pag 167
FR_Bf-109K-4_textures_for_choice.zip
MH-6C.zip
F6F-3_VF27_Skin_Pack.zip
Eps_WWIIF_109_Wespe_FIX.zip
Eps_WWIIF_109_Wespe.zip
OH-6A.zip
Raoul_Lufbery_Textures.zip

Pag 168
JX866_808_SQN_FAA.zip
JV131_800_SQN_FAA.zip
JV114_1839_SQN_FAA.zip
hurrlwilliefix.zip
hurrlwillie.zip
tudor.zip
ruston.zip
quab3.zip
t4mv2pt5.zip
t4mv2pt4.zip
t4mv2pt3.zip
t4mv2pt2.zip

BAD ZIP FILE:
109ewhite14.zip

Pag 169
t4mv2pt1.zip
wm_Merc_Air_Connie.zip
h500_merc.zip
Polish_Training_SPAD.zip
wm_Old_Stratocruiser.zip
wm_Merc_Air_B377.zip
f6f5lsfm.zip
do335_repaints_fs9.zip
Texture_Fix.zip
Kessler_2-D_Panel.zip
Ernst_Kessler.zip

Pag 170
Stefan_Stec.zip
Repaint_texture_fixes.zip
Polish_No_7_Squadron.zip
Louis_de_Diesbach.zip
HV_Jasta2_Fokker_D.VII.zip
heldmann.zip
naval_trainer_AA5.ZIP
get_fritz.zip
Texture_Fixes.zip
GulfHawk_textures.zip

Feel free to toss me another 5 pages if you still trust me around here :gameoff:

cheers, Henk.

Thank you Sir :-) We can only do what is available to us. I'm sure Rami will see your list and check it out.
As we get to older pages, there may be more issues.

I have assigned page lot 171-175 for you.

Thanks again. :-)

arfyhun
June 2nd, 2012, 09:53
Greetings Milton. Have completed pages 156-160.

One error report:

PAGE 156: 404 MESSAGE:

FS2004 Fairchild F-91 Upgrade:
FS2004 Fairchild F-91 Upgrade (2362) Flight Simulator 2004 (Aircraft)
DOWNLOAD fair_f-91.zip (17.8 Meg) (downloaded 750 times)
FS2004 Fairchild F-91 Upgrade. This is an update to my previous release of the F-91. Flaps have been added, reworked textures, improved Flight Dynamics, flaps added and a few other small tweaks. Previous texture releases will not work for this model without changing the wing textures name and modification. Model By Chris Herring. Flight Dynamics By GK Cherry.
by NCGent (2007-02-17 15:45:06)

I will now have to abandon ship for a couple of days until next Thursday. Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee do going on all around me presently and family & friends coming tomorrow to stay 'till then.

Bloody bore, but 'the little lady' has spoken.

Will log back on Thursday to see if I'm needed further.

Thanks for giving me the chance to give back in a very small way that which has been given to me by the Simout family.

Until next Thursday....

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 10:07
Greetings Milton. Have completed pages 156-160.

One error report:

PAGE 156: 404 MESSAGE:

FS2004 Fairchild F-91 Upgrade:
FS2004 Fairchild F-91 Upgrade (2362) Flight Simulator 2004 (Aircraft)
DOWNLOAD fair_f-91.zip (17.8 Meg) (downloaded 750 times)
FS2004 Fairchild F-91 Upgrade. This is an update to my previous release of the F-91. Flaps have been added, reworked textures, improved Flight Dynamics, flaps added and a few other small tweaks. Previous texture releases will not work for this model without changing the wing textures name and modification. Model By Chris Herring. Flight Dynamics By GK Cherry.
by NCGent (2007-02-17 15:45:06)

I will now have to abandon ship for a couple of days until next Thursday. Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee do going on all around me presently and family & friends coming tomorrow to stay 'till then.

Bloody bore, but 'the little lady' has spoken.

Will log back on Thursday to see if I'm needed further.

Thanks for giving me the chance to give back in a very small way that which has been given to me by the Simout family.

Until next Thursday....

Graham.

LOL Graham :-)

Thank you; your efforts are noted, and appreciated. Take a break; socialize; keep the lil' lady happy, and refresh.

patful
June 2nd, 2012, 10:48
Good morning,

Yeah...I gave up trying to keep pace with you guys after a day or two.

I have slowed down considerably. These 28-34MB re-paints tend to do that. :icon_eek:

Pat

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 11:13
I have slowed down considerably. These 28-34MB re-paints tend to do that. :icon_eek:

Pat

LOL Yes sir; same for all of us. :-)

glh
June 2nd, 2012, 11:23
Milton:

Pages 126-130 are now completely uploaded. I believe I can handle a 10 page assignment this time.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 11:39
Milton:

Pages 126-130 are now completely uploaded. I believe I can handle a 10 page assignment this time.

I have assigned page lots 176-180 and 181-185.

Salute! :salute:

glh
June 2nd, 2012, 18:22
Milton:

I have downloaded Pages 176-185 with the download data and have to extract images (if supplied) since none were furnished. Error/page/file report as follows:

ERROR 404 - FILE OR DIRECTORY NOT FOUND

Page 176: hart601.zip, fdgb17rafFL459.zip, osprey801.zip, xp38n4.zip,
SUMKV_RA.ZIP, HE51_USSR.zip, He51spanish.zip, Russian_Fokker.zip

Page 177: he51_jg234.zip, he51_jg132.zip, UKMILFA2FS9.zip, UKMILFRS1FS9.zip,
Lozenge_Fokker.zip, Miss_Evelyn_P51D.zip, P-63-USSR.zip

Page 178: bd29sq.zip, New_Texture_E8176.zip, Texture_E8176.zip, FALVI_MV.ZIP,
tfchawk75.zip, usnbd.zip, su_29_panel.zip

Page 179: p51ayanks.zip, t37wt.zip, Stan_Galton.zip, Robert_Levine.zip,
Lt_Lampe.zip, FAWHI_MV.ZIP, xp51eaa.zip, srai50.zip, srai40.zip,
Texture_RAF_1919.zip

Page 180: slm50ff.zip, slm50sc.zip, slm40sc.zip, slm40ff.zip, hnscg.zip,
tfcp51s.zip, halltx.zip

Page 181: BG_WWII_Bf109E_Steinbatz.zip

Page 182-185: No errors.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 19:13
Thank you glh; noted. Seems the older the files, the more errors.

modelr
June 2nd, 2012, 20:01
Pgs 101-105 completed. Can do another 5, Milton.

Milton Shupe
June 2nd, 2012, 20:13
Pgs 101-105 completed. Can do another 5, Milton.

I have assigned page lot 186-190 for you.

Appreciate your efforts.

patful
June 2nd, 2012, 20:32
54-57 done.

hschuit
June 3rd, 2012, 03:21
Pages 171-175 done:

Pag 171
sachsenberg.zip
Grumman_Tiger.ZIP
Italian_Stallion.zip
Swedish_Fokker_D.VII.zip
sgreen_albatros_templates.zip
loerzer.zip
DVII_wing2.zip
Willi_Hippert_D.VII.zip
hart33.zip
udet_wing_fix.ZIP

Redundant files, not uploaded:
AA5TEX01.zip (merged with AA-5_KIT.zip)
f9fara.zip (double upload)

Pag 172
Russian_Panel.zip
Russian_-_Grapetail.zip
e_udet_d7.ZIP
Repaint_Textures.zip
degelow.zip
DVII_wing2.zip
lowenhardt.zip
hantelmann.zip
Texture_Friedrichs.zip
HV_0ld266_Fokker_DVII.zip

Pag 173
portugal_osprey_pack.zip
ospwtxpk.zip
ospftxpk.zip
hrttxpk.zip
hindtxpk.zip
dmntxpk.zip
VP_Tribute.zip
Ukraine_Texture.zip
HV_LVA_Fokker_DVII_Ver2.zip
HV_Versteegh_Fokker_DVII.zip
Polish_Texture.zip
HV_MLM_Fokker_DVII.zip
Finnish_Textures.zip

Pag 174 - entire page all 15 files FUBAR :pop4:
vs10xo4uud.zip
MewGull.zip
Goering_Texture.zip
mk_wop_fw190A_gul_16.zip
MercAir_B-26.zip
D.VII_-_Shooting_Star.zip
osprey_portugal.zip
sndfix.zip
m1c.zip
xo4u.zip
b40v2.zip
HV_LVA_Fokker_DVII.zip
P38L_AMI.ZIP
P38J_RA.ZIP
P38F5_AM.ZIP

Pag 175
CD_WWII_Bf109_Balthasar.zip
hind15.zip
helo_torque_yaw.zip
Swiss_Fokker_D.VII.zip
demon29sq.zip
demon604.zip
hartvar4.zip
texture.1.zip

Ready for another 5 pages I guess.

Milton Shupe
June 3rd, 2012, 04:10
Pages 171-175 done:

Pag 171
sachsenberg.zip
Grumman_Tiger.ZIP
Italian_Stallion.zip
Swedish_Fokker_D.VII.zip
sgreen_albatros_templates.zip
loerzer.zip
DVII_wing2.zip
Willi_Hippert_D.VII.zip
hart33.zip
udet_wing_fix.ZIP

Redundant files, not uploaded:
AA5TEX01.zip (merged with AA-5_KIT.zip)
f9fara.zip (double upload)

Pag 172
Russian_Panel.zip
Russian_-_Grapetail.zip
e_udet_d7.ZIP
Repaint_Textures.zip
degelow.zip
DVII_wing2.zip
lowenhardt.zip
hantelmann.zip
Texture_Friedrichs.zip
HV_0ld266_Fokker_DVII.zip

Pag 173
portugal_osprey_pack.zip
ospwtxpk.zip
ospftxpk.zip
hrttxpk.zip
hindtxpk.zip
dmntxpk.zip
VP_Tribute.zip
Ukraine_Texture.zip
HV_LVA_Fokker_DVII_Ver2.zip
HV_Versteegh_Fokker_DVII.zip
Polish_Texture.zip
HV_MLM_Fokker_DVII.zip
Finnish_Textures.zip

Pag 174 - entire page all 15 files FUBAR :pop4:
vs10xo4uud.zip
MewGull.zip
Goering_Texture.zip
mk_wop_fw190A_gul_16.zip
MercAir_B-26.zip
D.VII_-_Shooting_Star.zip
osprey_portugal.zip
sndfix.zip
m1c.zip
xo4u.zip
b40v2.zip
HV_LVA_Fokker_DVII.zip
P38L_AMI.ZIP
P38J_RA.ZIP
P38F5_AM.ZIP

Pag 175
CD_WWII_Bf109_Balthasar.zip
hind15.zip
helo_torque_yaw.zip
Swiss_Fokker_D.VII.zip
demon29sq.zip
demon604.zip
hartvar4.zip
texture.1.zip

Ready for another 5 pages I guess.

hschuit,

Interesting, and fast! LOL

Since the older pages seem to have more issues, let's try two page lots: 191-195, 196-200.

Milton Shupe
June 3rd, 2012, 04:13
54-57 done.

Noted: thank you Sir :jump:

falcon409
June 3rd, 2012, 08:23
Milton, have some for me?

Milton Shupe
June 3rd, 2012, 08:35
Milton, have some for me?

I have assigned page lots 201-205 and 206-210 for you. Many of these files may not exist so I did 2 lots.

Gracias!

falcon409
June 3rd, 2012, 08:42
Rgr that. . . .on em'!!:salute:

patful
June 3rd, 2012, 20:15
58-60 complete. Just to make things fun, I also started on the first five on Page 61, forgetting that my final lot was 66-70. Good thing I could still delete them. Oof, bedtime!

Pat

modelr
June 4th, 2012, 06:42
to Rami,

somehow, my upload of Bf109_g6_hung-2.zip recieved all the keywords from all my previous uploads! I don't remember putting all those in! I am following Milton's instructions in the video, putting the original poster's screen name from the original, along with the title from the original post. Must have been a glitch somewhere!

Don H (modelr)

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 07:37
to Rami,

somehow, my upload of Bf109_g6_hung-2.zip recieved all the keywords from all my previous uploads! I don't remember putting all those in! I am following Milton's instructions in the video, putting the original poster's screen name from the original, along with the title from the original post. Must have been a glitch somewhere!

Don H (modelr)

I tried deleting them but they still show. Must be either a display issue or a software bug. Do not worry about it.

JoHubb
June 4th, 2012, 08:39
Milton, I watched the video. I'll give it a whirl if there's still pages to be done.

John

modelr
June 4th, 2012, 08:45
I tried deleting them but they still show. Must be either a display issue or a software bug. Do not worry about it.

Gotcha, thanks Milton. Back to work, :running:

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 08:56
Milton, I watched the video. I'll give it a whirl if there's still pages to be done.

John

Hi John :-)

Thanks, yes we have 100 pages left to do.

I have assigned page lot 211-215 for you.

We appreciate the help.

Just let me know when done so I can update the allocation schedule on page 1, the first post.\

As a reminder, you will NOT be able to change the original submitters name or date/time. Simply copy paste that data into the bottom of the description and Rami will handle it.

Use you name and the current date and time plugged in for you.

hschuit
June 4th, 2012, 09:01
Pages 191-200 done and surprisingly only 2 missing files:wavey:

Pag 191
Redundant, not uploaded:
Bf109E_paintkit.zip (replaced by Shockwave_Bf109_paintkit_v1.2.zip)
Updated_Bf109E_paintkit.zip (replaced by Shockwave_Bf109_paintkit_v1.2.zip)
icdp-Bf109E_JG2.zip (replaced by icdp-Bf109E-4v2.zip)
icdp-109E4_JG27.zip (replaced by icdp-jg27-v2.zip)

Pag 193
Redundant, not uploaded:
rot3_JG26.zip (replaced by rot3_JG26_updated.zip)

Pag 195
Redundant, not uploaded:
t4mp.zip (replaced by t4mbp1.zip)

Pag 196
f4ufazvj.zip

Pag 198
fdg17ccq.zip

Pag 200
Redundant, not uploaded:
d18samph_fs9.zip (replaced by d18samv2.zip)
d18samphaircraft.zip (replaced by d18samv2.zip)

After 40 pages (FSX and FS9) I will take a break now if you don't mind.

patful
June 4th, 2012, 09:01
to Rami,

Don H (modelr)

That's happened to me a few times, usually when I go back to edit the upload. On first edit, the keywords disappear, then the previous upload's keywords appear with my keyword entries on the second edit. Two or three more edits and the correct keywords magically appear.

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 09:02
Pages 191-200 done and surprisingly only 2 missing files:wavey:

Pag 191
Redundant, not uploaded:
Bf109E_paintkit.zip (replaced by Shockwave_Bf109_paintkit_v1.2.zip)
Updated_Bf109E_paintkit.zip (replaced by Shockwave_Bf109_paintkit_v1.2.zip)
icdp-Bf109E_JG2.zip (replaced by icdp-Bf109E-4v2.zip)
icdp-109E4_JG27.zip (replaced by icdp-jg27-v2.zip)

Pag 193
Redundant, not uploaded:
rot3_JG26.zip (replaced by rot3_JG26_updated.zip)

Pag 195
Redundant, not uploaded:
t4mp.zip (replaced by t4mbp1.zip)

Pag 196
f4ufazvj.zip

Pag 198
fdg17ccq.zip

Pag 200
Redundant, not uploaded:
d18samph_fs9.zip (replaced by d18samv2.zip)
d18samphaircraft.zip (replaced by d18samv2.zip)

After 40 pages (FSX and FS9) I will take a break now if you don't mind.

Thank you so much sir. Yes, take a break and shake it out. :-) We are doing fine with our schedule.

falcon409
June 4th, 2012, 11:16
Pages 201 to 205. . .only two that had "ERROR 404". . .
FS9_rafscampton_1942.zip (gary20)
spad_rfc30.zip (Spectre)

Moving on to 206 to 210 after my mouth stops hurting from having 6 teeth pulled, lol "ouchie":isadizzy:

tedcook
June 4th, 2012, 11:19
Pages 161 - 165 Done.
The next 5 may take a while ( real life rearing it's ugly head again. )
Ted.

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 11:42
Pages 201 to 205. . .only two that had "ERROR 404". . .
FS9_rafscampton_1942.zip (gary20)
spad_rfc30.zip (Spectre)

Moving on to 206 to 210 after my mouth stops hurting from having 6 teeth pulled, lol "ouchie":isadizzy:

Thank you Sir ... ewwwwww

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 11:43
Pages 161 - 165 Done.
The next 5 may take a while ( real life rearing it's ugly head again. )
Ted.

Thank you Ted; no problem, whenever you have time.

patful
June 4th, 2012, 12:02
Milton, I finished Page 66 (and 58-60), but on Page 67, there's another file of nearly the same name (JG72_ICE43_1991.zip on 67 and JG72_ICE43_1991a on 66), both by bully707. Both have exactly the same screenshots, but the "a" file is larger. I assume the "a" is an updated skin, but there's no mention of it. Should I go ahead and upload the older one too?

hawkeye52
June 4th, 2012, 12:27
Page 108 completed & uploaded.

File LAS S26, US Navy, Artic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=7&linkid=11534) was uploaded twice; the one labeled LAS S26, US Navy, Artic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=7&linkid=11534) [1] should be deleted as it is incomplete.

I am experiencing extreme wait times for "sending request to SOH..". Is it my ISP or SOH?

- h52

modelr
June 4th, 2012, 12:56
I think I figured out what is causing the big list on keywords on some uploads. I was using the backpage arrow to get back to the upload page, and I think it does not clear the cache. Just a guess. I noticed it happened on near the last file on each page I did. So this last page I did, I refreshed the page by using the "uploads" button/shortcut. No big keywords list this time. Just a guess. :kilroy:

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 14:47
Milton, I finished Page 66 (and 58-60), but on Page 67, there's another file of nearly the same name (JG72_ICE43_1991.zip on 67 and JG72_ICE43_1991a on 66), both by bully707. Both have exactly the same screenshots, but the "a" file is larger. I assume the "a" is an updated skin, but there's no mention of it. Should I go ahead and upload the older one too?

I always upload everything as given. Not mine to sort it all out. Proceed with the uploads as you have them. Thanks :-)

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 14:48
I think I figured out what is causing the big list on keywords on some uploads. I was using the backpage arrow to get back to the upload page, and I think it does not clear the cache. Just a guess. I noticed it happened on near the last file on each page I did. So this last page I did, I refreshed the page by using the "uploads" button/shortcut. No big keywords list this time. Just a guess. :kilroy:

I always hit the Upload at the top to get a new page and cleared cache. Could have been the issue I suppose.

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 14:50
Page 108 completed & uploaded.

File LAS S26, US Navy, Artic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=7&linkid=11534) was uploaded twice; the one labeled LAS S26, US Navy, Artic (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=7&linkid=11534) [1] should be deleted as it is incomplete.

I am experiencing extreme wait times for "sending request to SOH..". Is it my ISP or SOH?

- h52

I would try rebooting.

SSI01
June 4th, 2012, 19:12
Milton, I am going under the knife in the morning but should be back the evening of the 6th. Give me a day or so to shake off the dope and I think I can begin handling some pages for you again, depending on what the dr will say I can do.:isadizzy:

Milton Shupe
June 4th, 2012, 19:27
Milton, I am going under the knife in the morning but should be back the evening of the 6th. Give me a day or so to shake off the dope and I think I can begin handling some pages for you again, depending on what the dr will say I can do.:isadizzy:

SSI01; best of luck tomorrow.

Don't worry about the workload ... take your time for proper recovery. We are doing fine on teh schedule thanks to everyones contributions and efforts.

We will, however, "keep the light on for ya". :-)

glh
June 4th, 2012, 20:05
Milton:

Pages 176-180 are uploaded. Also:

ERROR 404 - FILE OR DIRECTORY NOT FOUND, Page 179: Evan_Mackie.zip

patful
June 4th, 2012, 20:24
Pages 66-67 done (and 58-60 :redface: ), with 404 errors on Cloud9_F-4F_JaBoG36_37+08_Norm81.zip from Page 66, and Cloud9_F-4F_JG73_37+38_Norm81_.zip and Cloud9_F-4F_JaBoG36_37+08_Norm81_.zip from Page 67.

Milton Shupe
June 5th, 2012, 04:33
Milton:

Pages 176-180 are uploaded. Also:

ERROR 404 - FILE OR DIRECTORY NOT FOUND, Page 179: Evan_Mackie.zip

Thank you Sir! :salute: Noted and appreciated. :-)

Milton Shupe
June 5th, 2012, 04:35
Pages 66-67 done (and 58-60 :redface: ), with 404 errors on Cloud9_F-4F_JaBoG36_37+08_Norm81.zip from Page 66, and Cloud9_F-4F_JG73_37+38_Norm81_.zip and Cloud9_F-4F_JaBoG36_37+08_Norm81_.zip from Page 67.

Thank you Pat :applause: I appreciate your diligence on this. Progress noted. :salute:

JoHubb
June 5th, 2012, 08:31
Milton

Pages 211-215 completed. Could do another set.
One minor error: p.212 wilco_a400m_rnlaf_livery_Update.zip apparently not in archive (404 error). This file gave an alternative prop texture so not crucial.

John

Milton Shupe
June 5th, 2012, 09:05
Milton

Pages 211-215 completed. Could do another set.
One minor error: p.212 wilco_a400m_rnlaf_livery_Update.zip apparently not in archive (404 error). This file gave an alternative prop texture so not crucial.

John

:salute: Thank you Sir! :-)

I have assigned page lot 216-220 for you. I appreciate your efforts. :-)

modelr
June 5th, 2012, 10:27
Pages 186-190 done.

Page 186 100th_BG_skin_pack.zip--bad file--I replaced it with good file

Page 189 CD_WWII_Bf109_Muncheberg.zip error 404, missing file---replaced it with the original I had.

I'll take five more, work on them during breaks installing new windows in my house.

Milton Shupe
June 5th, 2012, 10:39
Pages 186-190 done.

Page 186 100th_BG_skin_pack.zip--bad file--I replaced it with good file

Page 189 CD_WWII_Bf109_Muncheberg.zip error 404, missing file---replaced it with the original I had.

I'll take five more, work on them during breaks installing new windows in my house.

Alrighty then :-)

Thank you sir.

I have assigned page lot 221-225 for you. Thanks

patful
June 5th, 2012, 19:28
Lordy, lordy, can't imagine forty! 66-70 done. I'll take a break and help out down the road on those last 80-90 if needed. Gonna download Gmax now and take another look at it. Might result in refried brains... :isadizzy:

Pat

Milton Shupe
June 5th, 2012, 20:36
Lordy, lordy, can't imagine forty! 66-70 done. I'll take a break and help out down the road on those last 80-90 if needed. Gonna download Gmax now and take another look at it. Might result in refried brains... :isadizzy:

Pat

LOL Sounds great! Thanks Pat for all you have done. Will update status. Have fun.

JoHubb
June 5th, 2012, 23:59
Seems to be a problem with uploading this morning (0759Z). Or is me?

Milton Shupe
June 6th, 2012, 04:42
Seems to be a problem with uploading this morning (0759Z). Or is me?

Seemed okay for me at 1300Zulu; did my first page of the day. :-)

Hurricane91
June 6th, 2012, 12:03
Hi Milton,
Completed assigned set. Found some good stuff along the way. :o)
Ready for another set. May not get one page every day but will keep
at it until complete.

Milton Shupe
June 6th, 2012, 13:07
Hi Milton,
Completed assigned set. Found some good stuff along the way. :o)
Ready for another set. May not get one page every day but will keep
at it until complete.

Thank you Sir! One page a day will get the job done.

I have assigned page lot 226-230 for you.

glh
June 6th, 2012, 18:10
Milton:

Pages 181 through 185 are uploaded. I'll take another ten pages.

SSI01
June 6th, 2012, 18:17
Back from the hospital and ready for five more, if you can spare them.:running:

Milton Shupe
June 6th, 2012, 18:20
Milton:

Pages 181 through 185 are uploaded. I'll take another ten pages.

Yes sir! Thank you very much :-)))

I have assigned page lots 231-235 and 236-240 for you.

Greatly appreciated. :wavey:

Milton Shupe
June 6th, 2012, 18:21
Back from the hospital and ready for five more, if you can spare them.:running:

Welcome back; I hope all went well, and that your recovery goes smoothly. :-)

If you feel up to it, I will assign page lot 241-245 for you.

Thank you so much. :jump:

arfyhun
June 7th, 2012, 06:46
Greetings Milton. Got rid of the family and ready for some more.

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 06:56
Greetings Milton. Got rid of the family and ready for some more.

Graham.

Thank you Graham :-)

I have assigned page lots 256-250 and 251-255 for you.

Take you time and enjoy the process.

Have a great day :-)

arfyhun
June 7th, 2012, 08:07
Thank you Milton, Old Boy. Glad to help out and all that. But unsure of the pages. May I assume you are referring to 256-265? Will check on the master sheet at the start of this thread.

Graham.

No. It's: 246-250: - - - arfyhun
251-255: - - - arfyhun

On the case.

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 08:31
Thank you Milton, Old Boy. Glad to help out and all that. But unsure of the pages. May I assume you are referring to 256-265? Will check on the master sheet at the start of this thread.

Graham.

No. It's: 246-250: - - - arfyhun
251-255: - - - arfyhun

On the case.

Aren't you the sleuth :-)

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 08:51
@Falcon409: I went ahead with a "Complete" status for pages 146-150 since you have worked on pages following that lot. I could not find a completion announcement but logic overrode the lack of that. :-)

arfyhun
June 7th, 2012, 11:00
Page 246 entered. Two non starters:

Server Error: 404 - File or directory not found;

DSB BAe Hawk T Mk 1 208 Squadron 2005 Hawk Displa (1021) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD texture208sqn_display.zip (988 KB) (downloaded 137 times)
RAF Valley 2005 Display bird Thanks to DSB Designs for making this wonderfull aircraft!
by raptor16 (2005-06-26 16:42:00)

T-38 Red 23 (1011) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD T-38_Red_23.zip (1.44 Meg) (downloaded 95 times)
This is a fictional repaint of the Northrop T-38 by FSD for FS2004. Textures only.Requires the Payware T38 by FSD International.
by Sean Doran (2005-06-19 06:41:39)

No Milton, when you issued me with my pages today, the number sequence appeared out of sync. After I queried it I looked up the Master sheet and clocked the correct pages. I then added them as an edit to my query thread. 'All's well that ends well', as the cat said as it was thrown down the water well!

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 12:28
LOL Thanks Graham; you are the man. :-)

JoHubb
June 7th, 2012, 13:02
Milton

Lot 216-220 completed. Send more and I'll do my best over the weekend. :banghead:

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 14:11
Milton

Lot 216-220 completed. Send more and I'll do my best over the weekend. :banghead:

Thank you Sir!

I have assigned page lot 256-260.

Enjoy your weekend. :-)

hawkeye52
June 7th, 2012, 16:55
Page 109 completed & uploaded, 14 files total

File jtp51gentjim.zip P-51D "Gentleman Jim" returned error 404 (page 109)

- H52

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 17:11
Page 109 completed & uploaded, 14 files total

File jtp51gentjim.zip P-51D "Gentleman Jim" returned error 404 (page 109)

- H52

Thanks H52; the 404's may indicate that it has already been moved by Rami some time ago, or simply that the file is no longer available.

SSI01
June 7th, 2012, 17:33
Pgs 241-242 completed. No errors.

Getting used to that lump under the skin on my chest.:blind:

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 18:43
Pgs 241-242 completed. No errors.

Getting used to that lump under the skin on my chest.:blind:

LOL Thank you :-)

glh
June 7th, 2012, 19:08
Milton:

Pages 231-240 have been downloaded and images extracted if furnished. I will begin uploading over the next few days.

The following errors were noted:

-- THE ZIP FILE IS CORRUPTED OR INVALID --

Page 235: 109f2.zip

-- ERROR 404 FILE OR DIRECTORY NOT FOUND --

Page 235: Lightning_PRMkIV.zip, Mynarski_Lancaster.zip, FM213.zip, Alpha_Enterprise_Afcads_and_AI.zip,
cd1mp.zip, XP-50_textures.zip, XF5F-1_1943_textures.zip, XF5F-1_1942_textures.zip,
XF5F-1_1941textures.zip, 109g10.zip, GA-uires.zip

Page 236: camelsnd.zip, g21navy.zip, Dan-JG27.zip, M110sp.zip, RA_Spitfire_RB159_v2.zip,
b26night.zip, B26lobos.zip, b26german.zip, DavidGreens_SimTech_P-39_Paint_Kit.zip,
SUP51BPA.zip, simtech_p39_400.zip, b26otu.zip, b26mule.zip

Page 237: 109G6R6Update.zip, 109gtrop.zip, 109z1v2.zip, 109z1.zip, 109g6r6.zip, 109k4.zip,
RAF_Duxford_FS9.zip, b2639.zip, b2614.zip, WelchP39.zip, Wnterp39.zip, b26319.zip,
b26thec.zip, MercAir_Sikorsky_S-43.zip

Page 238: B29_916.zip, B29_915.zip, Short_Sandringham_Fantasy_of_Flight.zip

falcon409
June 7th, 2012, 19:21
Pages 201-210 complete with the following Errors:
p51montanamiss.zip by Dan Middleton_Error 404
Earl_Hickmans_Jungmann.zip by Cazzie_Error 404

:salute::salute:

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 19:56
Pages 201-210 complete with the following Errors:
p51montanamiss.zip by Dan Middleton_Error 404
Earl_Hickmans_Jungmann.zip by Cazzie_Error 404

:salute::salute:

Wow! You are fast! Thank you Sir :-)

Milton Shupe
June 7th, 2012, 19:57
Milton:

Pages 231-240 have been downloaded and images extracted if furnished. I will begin uploading over the next few days.

The following errors were noted:

-- THE ZIP FILE IS CORRUPTED OR INVALID --

Page 235: 109f2.zip

-- ERROR 404 FILE OR DIRECTORY NOT FOUND --

Page 235: Lightning_PRMkIV.zip, Mynarski_Lancaster.zip, FM213.zip, Alpha_Enterprise_Afcads_and_AI.zip,
cd1mp.zip, XP-50_textures.zip, XF5F-1_1943_textures.zip, XF5F-1_1942_textures.zip,
XF5F-1_1941textures.zip, 109g10.zip, GA-uires.zip

Page 236: camelsnd.zip, g21navy.zip, Dan-JG27.zip, M110sp.zip, RA_Spitfire_RB159_v2.zip,
b26night.zip, B26lobos.zip, b26german.zip, DavidGreens_SimTech_P-39_Paint_Kit.zip,
SUP51BPA.zip, simtech_p39_400.zip, b26otu.zip, b26mule.zip

Page 237: 109G6R6Update.zip, 109gtrop.zip, 109z1v2.zip, 109z1.zip, 109g6r6.zip, 109k4.zip,
RAF_Duxford_FS9.zip, b2639.zip, b2614.zip, WelchP39.zip, Wnterp39.zip, b26319.zip,
b26thec.zip, MercAir_Sikorsky_S-43.zip

Page 238: B29_916.zip, B29_915.zip, Short_Sandringham_Fantasy_of_Flight.zip

Noted :-) Thank you Sir :salute:

falcon409
June 7th, 2012, 20:52
I can take some more Milton:salute:

Milton Shupe
June 8th, 2012, 04:15
I can take some more Milton:salute:

Thanks Ed. :jump:

I have assigned page lot 261-265.

I really appreciate your efforts. :-)

falcon409
June 8th, 2012, 04:18
Thanks Ed. :jump:
I have assigned page lot 261-265.
I really appreciate your efforts. :-)
Will get on those this afternoon. Thanks Milton!:salute:

arfyhun
June 8th, 2012, 06:40
Milton, U/Lding page 247 presently and have managed to input two incorrect files.

UPDATE - B25N (1009) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD sarinah_up.zip (279.32 Kb) (downloaded 113 times)
Update adds the missing tailnumber to the repaint for the B25J Mitchel from Gramps & the FDG Team. You need 'sarinah.zip' and B25j from Donationware! By Alexander Grun. Main file updated 17/6/2005 .If you downloaded 'sarinah.zip' after this date you do not need this update.
by grunau_baby (2005-06-17 00:49:31)

This file I uploaded as the 'sarinah.zip' file. I have uploaded a second file, the proper 'sarinah_up.zip' straight after it. Straight after that one is the correct 'sarinah.zip' file.
The easy way to tell is 'sarinah.zip' has a picture of the A/C, whereas 'sarinah_up.zip' does not. Or you can use the picture if you want, the update purely adds the missing serial number on the tailplane.

Don't go yet!

I have also uploaded two 'Wake / Midway Island Wildcatfish Afcad' files (pacific_sea_plane_bases.zip) because the first does not have the full notes associated with it.

Will advise soonest of any other 'mods' I somehow see fit to introduce!

My apologies to you all at base.

Graham. (I think!)

Milton Shupe
June 8th, 2012, 07:42
Milton, U/Lding page 247 presently and have managed to input two incorrect files.

UPDATE - B25N (1009) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD sarinah_up.zip (279.32 Kb) (downloaded 113 times)
Update adds the missing tailnumber to the repaint for the B25J Mitchel from Gramps & the FDG Team. You need 'sarinah.zip' and B25j from Donationware! By Alexander Grun. Main file updated 17/6/2005 .If you downloaded 'sarinah.zip' after this date you do not need this update.
by grunau_baby (2005-06-17 00:49:31)

This file I uploaded as the 'sarinah.zip' file. I have uploaded a second file, the proper 'sarinah_up.zip' straight after it. Straight after that one is the correct 'sarinah.zip' file.
The easy way to tell is 'sarinah.zip' has a picture of the A/C, whereas 'sarinah_up.zip' does not. Or you can use the picture if you want, the update purely adds the missing serial number on the tailplane.

Don't go yet!

I have also uploaded two 'Wake / Midway Island Wildcatfish Afcad' files (pacific_sea_plane_bases.zip) because the first does not have the full notes associated with it.

Will advise soonest of any other 'mods' I somehow see fit to introduce!

My apologies to you all at base.

Graham. (I think!)

Graham, Noted; thank you. :-)

arfyhun
June 8th, 2012, 08:13
Page 247 completed. One error.

Server Error:
404 - File or directory not found;
Page 247
53rd WG, 85th TES DSB F-15E Textures (997) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD TEXTUREOT_91-0325.zip (2.02 Meg) (downloaded 87 times)
Texture for the DSB F-15E with 53rd WG, 85th TES markings
by raptor16 (2005-06-09 08:15:58)

Too busy to chat!

Graham.

arfyhun
June 8th, 2012, 09:33
Milton. Page 248 completed. One error.

Bad D/L: 'The archive is either in unknown format or damaged'.

WoP P-51D Mustang Moonbeam McSwine (990) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD 00.zip (823.64 Kb) (downloaded 141 times)
Textures Only: Requires Wings of Power P-51D Mustang. Also included is a Factory Fresh repaint. No Markings.
by Hollister (2005-06-06 13:48:23)

Over to you, Gunga Din.

Graham.

arfyhun
June 8th, 2012, 11:12
Milton, page 249 uploaded. One error:

Server Error
404 - File or directory not found
PAGE 249:
Royal Netherlands Navy Orion Scheme 1 #301 (979) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD textureRNLN_301_scheme1.zip (6.07 Meg) (downloaded 205 times)
this is a repaint of the FS-KBT Orion into the first scheme of the Royal Netherlands Navy #301 serving with the 320/321Sqn at Valkenburg NAS. to bad the RNLN sold them all to Portugal and Germany.
Also check my website http://www.raptorsrepaints.tk
by raptor16 (2005-06-02 09:44:36)

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 8th, 2012, 11:51
Thank you Graham; all issues noted.

arfyhun
June 8th, 2012, 13:31
Good evening Milton. Page 250 uploaded.

One error:

Server Error:

CDEast WrethamFS9 (951) Flight Simulator 2004 (Scenery)
DOWNLOAD CDEast_WrethamFS9.zip (2.05 Meg) (downloaded 574 times)
East Wretham was a base that housed the ?Greennoses? of 359th Fighter Group from october1943 to november 1945. Originally they flew with P-47 Thunderbolts on ground attack missions, but were re-equipped with P-51 Mustangs in march 1944. These Mustangs were used on bomber escort missions. The 359th flew 346 missions from East Wretham.
by Cees Donker (2005-05-23 09:35:38)

One cock-up:

Avro Lancaster B. MkI (962) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
No IMAGE lancasterBMkI.zip (645.67 Kb) (downloaded 193 times)
Avro Lancaster B. MkI R5852 OL-Y of RAF No 83 pathfinder squadron.
Repaint of the Fs2002/Fs2004 model by Dave Garwood.
by paul diergaarde (2005-05-29 07:28:52)

The second upload is correct. I managed to leave the last line of the notes off on the first. Ace.

Also:

B-24 Liberator "Corky" (965) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD b24corky.zip (5.69 Meg) (downloaded 339 times)
This is a repaint only for the excellent Wings of Power B-24J. The markings are of "Corky", piloted by 1st. Lt. Maurice D. Corwinea. "Corky" belonged to the 44BG, 68BS, of the 8th AF. Original texture work by the WIngs of Power creators.
by bomber_12th (2005-05-30 06:40:02)

I'm sure it's this one. It showed 'waiting on ...' etc. for around 12 minutes or so without completion. I re-clicked the submit button again and it uploaded in the normal speed frame. Checking up in the upload list it shows uploaded twice. Possibly the first one is incomplete. Worth a check, mate.

Goodnight Milton,

See you tomorrow.

Graham.

Milton Shupe
June 8th, 2012, 15:13
Good evening Milton. Page 250 uploaded.

One error:

Server Error:

CDEast WrethamFS9 (951) Flight Simulator 2004 (Scenery)
DOWNLOAD CDEast_WrethamFS9.zip (2.05 Meg) (downloaded 574 times)
East Wretham was a base that housed the ?Greennoses? of 359th Fighter Group from october1943 to november 1945. Originally they flew with P-47 Thunderbolts on ground attack missions, but were re-equipped with P-51 Mustangs in march 1944. These Mustangs were used on bomber escort missions. The 359th flew 346 missions from East Wretham.
by Cees Donker (2005-05-23 09:35:38)

One cock-up:

Avro Lancaster B. MkI (962) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
No IMAGE lancasterBMkI.zip (645.67 Kb) (downloaded 193 times)
Avro Lancaster B. MkI R5852 OL-Y of RAF No 83 pathfinder squadron.
Repaint of the Fs2002/Fs2004 model by Dave Garwood.
by paul diergaarde (2005-05-29 07:28:52)

The second upload is correct. I managed to leave the last line of the notes off on the first. Ace.

Also:

B-24 Liberator "Corky" (965) Flight Simulator 2004 (Re-Paint)
DOWNLOAD b24corky.zip (5.69 Meg) (downloaded 339 times)
This is a repaint only for the excellent Wings of Power B-24J. The markings are of "Corky", piloted by 1st. Lt. Maurice D. Corwinea. "Corky" belonged to the 44BG, 68BS, of the 8th AF. Original texture work by the WIngs of Power creators.
by bomber_12th (2005-05-30 06:40:02)

I'm sure it's this one. It showed 'waiting on ...' etc. for around 12 minutes or so without completion. I re-clicked the submit button again and it uploaded in the normal speed frame. Checking up in the upload list it shows uploaded twice. Possibly the first one is incomplete. Worth a check, mate.

Goodnight Milton,

See you tomorrow.

Graham.

Okay Graham, noted, and thank you sir! Good work ole chap. :applause:

SSI01
June 8th, 2012, 18:15
Pgs 243-244 completed.

Two files w/errors:

Pg. 242 - TEXTURE_RNEIAF_H-305_121SQN.ZIP - Error 404
Pg. 244 - 109Black6.zip - Error msg saying file is not valid archive.

Milton Shupe
June 8th, 2012, 18:30
Pgs 243-244 completed.

Two files w/errors:

Pg. 242 - TEXTURE_RNEIAF_H-305_121SQN.ZIP - Error 404
Pg. 244 - 109Black6.zip - Error msg saying file is not valid archive.

Thank you Sir; noted, and appreciated. :-)

JoHubb
June 9th, 2012, 06:26
Milton

256-260 completed.

I got some errors:

p.257 MissNev2.zip 404 might have been too naughty
p.258 AlphaP51_klu not found
p.259 104thFW_MA.zip - the zip loaded but when I loaded the jpg I got 'archive unknown format or damaged'. The zip loaded okay but without jpg.

I can do another batch.

John

Milton Shupe
June 9th, 2012, 06:31
Milton

256-260 completed.

I got some errors:

p.257 MissNev2.zip 404 might have been too naughty
p.258 AlphaP51_klu not found
p.259 104thFW_MA.zip - the zip loaded but when I loaded the jpg I got 'archive unknown format or damaged'. The zip loaded okay but without jpg.

I can do another batch.

John

Thank you John :jump:

I have assigned page lot 266-270 for you.

Greatly appreciated :-)

JoHubb
June 9th, 2012, 06:33
A few times after uploading I got a message like 'your message was too short'. Does this mean something? Should I upload again when it happens?

John

falcon409
June 9th, 2012, 06:54
Pages 261-265 complete with the following showing the "ERROR 404" message;
St_Georg_Textures.zip. . . .by johnh_049
PattyWho.zip. . . . .by johnh_049

Rami
June 9th, 2012, 06:55
A few times after uploading I got a message like 'your message was too short'. Does this mean something? Should I upload again when it happens?

John

John,

If you get that message, make sure that you fill in the "keyword" box just below the main description, as well as put something in the main description box. That should absolve all messages.

Rami
June 9th, 2012, 07:01
Good morning,

I appreciate all the work on this, but I'm not killing myself trying to approve all the files as they come in anymore. I like having a lot of irons in the fire, so in addition to this, I'm working on a Western Desert Campaign for North Africa, finalizing a 107-mission Tuskegee Airmen campaign, and a 108-mission campaign package detailing the Luftwaffe side to the Battle of Britain, among other projects.

So if my responses are slow from time to time, there is no ill intent. I've settled on an average of about 200 files approved per day, not including new stuff. I gotta leave time for my four young kids and my wife to get their time with daddy, as well as my teaching job.

Milton Shupe
June 9th, 2012, 07:03

John

I haven't seen that one John. Would not hurt to re-upload.

Milton Shupe
June 9th, 2012, 07:08
Pages 261-265 complete with the following showing the "ERROR 404" message;
St_Georg_Textures.zip. . . .by johnh_049
PattyWho.zip. . . . .by johnh_049

Thank you Ed; noted, and appreciated :-)

Milton Shupe
June 9th, 2012, 07:09
Good morning,

I appreciate all the work on this, but I'm not killing myself trying to approve all the files as they come in anymore. I like having a lot of irons in the fire, so in addition to this, I'm working on a Western Desert Campaign for North Africa, finalizing a 107-mission Tuskegee Airmen campaign, and a 108-mission campaign package detailing the Luftwaffe side to the Battle of Britain, among other projects.

So if my responses are slow from time to time, there is no ill intent. I've settled on an average of about 200 files approved per day, not including new stuff. I gotta leave time for my four young kids and my wife to get their time with daddy, as well as my teaching job.

Thank Rami for all you have done. Understandable and reasonable approach. :-)

falcon409
June 9th, 2012, 07:51
I can take on an additional set when ever you have one Milton. :salute:

Milton Shupe
June 9th, 2012, 08:25
I can take on an additional set when ever you have one Milton. :salute:

I have assigned page lot 271-275 for you.

I really appreciate all you have done. :-)

tedcook
June 9th, 2012, 12:02
Back again Milton, allocate me another set.

Ted.

Milton Shupe
June 9th, 2012, 12:17
Back again Milton, allocate me another set.

Ted.

Thank you sir :-)

I have allocated page lot 276-280 for you.

Greatly appreciate your continued help. :-)