PDA

View Full Version : New PC sort of

SgtT
May 24th, 2012, 01:33
I got a new PC (well new to me) it's a HP DC5800 SFF. It's an Intel core Duo 3.0ghz CPU with 4 gigs (upgradeable to 8 gigs) of Ram and an ATI HD2400 256mb video card. I have Vista Home Premium.

I want to copy over my Golden Wings and Fs2004 installs to the new PC. Is there anything I need to be aware of if I'm using Vista? Can I copy it straight over like I did for Win XP?

Thanks,

T.

stansdds
May 24th, 2012, 02:41
Vista has some really tough security protections. I recommend installing sims and games to a directory other than the default C:/Program Files. I would make a directory, maybe something like C:/Games.

Terry
May 24th, 2012, 03:26
Turn off UAC first if you haven't already. I don't see how you can just copy the programs over as they wont register in your registry. I think you have to do a normal installation then copy over your addons.

alastairmonk
May 24th, 2012, 22:34
Hi,

Make sure that you install FS OUTSIDE of the default Program Files folder (eg. to something like C:\FS2004) which will help to avoid many of the user access problems.

Alastair

SgtT
May 25th, 2012, 01:35
Thanks guys, I was able to get GW3 up and running on the other PC. I'm gonna try and get my other sims over this weekend.

T.