PDA

View Full Version : New Damage Inc WWII game coming

Damage Inc Duty Officer
May 22nd, 2012, 20:52
Hey guys, check out the new game getting ready to release for our company, Mad Catz. Most here would know us by our Saitek division. It is based on WWII in the Pacific theater with cool recreations of the planes, ships, and locations of some of the historic battles.

I would love to hear what people think.

We are also having a drawing for a trip to Oshkosh Air Show ( http://www.airventure.org/ ) and a ride in a T-6 Texan with the Aeroshell Aerobatic team we sponsor. People can sign-up for the drawing by liking our Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/damageincthegame ) and sharing the video trailer on the left side of our Facebook page. I wanted to sign-up myself but they tell me I cannot win :)

cheezyflier
May 23rd, 2012, 14:18
do you have an actual website, or just a facebook page?

Dain Arns
May 23rd, 2012, 15:05
http://damageincthegame.com/

It's always makes me chuckle when they try to promote Arcade flight games on a serious flight simulator site.

Looks like yet another console game with planes with no virtual cockpits and arcade flight dynamics.
I blame MS 'Flight'.... :icon_lol:

stansdds
May 24th, 2012, 03:10
Meh.

Daveroo
May 24th, 2012, 07:15
dont want to cause a problem here...but isnt that start post "spam"? i dont mind the "zino" posts about the video,you can watch those,,,( as far as i know anyway),,but this post is to sell a "arcade style" game.....is that who we are?i realise im not a mod,and this isnt my business,but this post bothers me here,,,

Damage Inc Duty Officer
May 24th, 2012, 07:36
We completely get this is a serious flight sim site but know that we ourselves as well as many of our testers play the full range of flight games out there while others of our friends are strictly into the serious flight sims. We are kind of different from many flight games out there that view others as competition because we are owned by the same company that produces Saitek. We want to have as many options out there in the space as possible whether that is our own products or others.

On that side of just serious flight sim games, I think you might really like what we have in development here at Saitek as a game for the serious flight sim community. But, unfortunately, that is still under wraps right now.

http://damageincthegame.com/

It's always makes me chuckle when they try to promote Arcade flight games on a serious flight simulator site.

Looks like yet another console game with planes with no virtual cockpits and arcade flight dynamics.
I blame MS 'Flight'.... :icon_lol:

Damage Inc Duty Officer
May 24th, 2012, 07:40
Hi Daveroo,

It was certainly not our intention to offend. Part of the reason we posted here is because we thought some might like the opportunity to get in the drawing for the paid plane ticket and T-6 ride at Osh Kosh.

Also, do know that we checked in privately and directly with the forum board admin before posting anything. We shared the exact text of what we were going to post. Some of us at the company are not just marketing types but are long standing members of the community ourselves in our private lives. We wanted to make sure it was both okay and was posted in the right area.

Cheers,
Damage Inc Duty Officer

dont want to cause a problem here...but isnt that start post "spam"? i dont mind the "zino" posts about the video,you can watch those,,,( as far as i know anyway),,but this post is to sell a "arcade style" game.....is that who we are?i realise im not a mod,and this isnt my business,but this post bothers me here,,,

srgalahad
May 24th, 2012, 10:05
I don't have a problem with the post (it IS news of a sort), nor can I object to Saitek wanting to market a game that will encourage purchase and use of their controllers (after all, I wouldn't have an X-52 if it were not for the various MS aviation products).

Time will tell if this sits below or alongside games like the CFS series for flying fun.

But.. but... Farcebook?? I realize it's an obvious and well-promoted mass-marketing ploy (Facebook, that is) but I don't need to stoke Mark Zuckerberg's ego or his net worth, nor do I have a need to be 'liked' by people because I say I enjoy a product, nor do I need to be lumped with a mass of people who 'like' everything that offers a chance of a free widget just by clicking.

Sure it's captured the minds(?) of the connected generation but if it's the primary way a company connects with potential customers...

As tired as I already am of companies wanting me to "like" them on a social media site (read = free advertising that makes me think of flyers littering a park), I have to take a pass. I do feel a bit cheated that if I don't do Facebook, or don't choose to "like" a product I'm not considered worthy of a shot at the contest.

pfflyers
May 24th, 2012, 10:20
We already have a thread over on the FSX forum that has devolved into a referendum on Facebook. I don't really want to go there, but I do agree with srgalahad in that I am dismayed that so many companies are moving their web presence to FB. Since I choose not to do Facebook I am excluded from those sites. I realize that's my choice, but it still bugs me.

cheezyflier
May 24th, 2012, 14:16
the irony :icon_lol:

Daveroo
May 24th, 2012, 18:37
Hi Daveroo,

It was certainly not our intention to offend. Part of the reason we posted here is because we thought some might like the opportunity to get in the drawing for the paid plane ticket and T-6 ride at Osh Kosh.

Also, do know that we checked in privately and directly with the forum board admin before posting anything. We shared the exact text of what we were going to post. Some of us at the company are not just marketing types but are long standing members of the community ourselves in our private lives. We wanted to make sure it was both okay and was posted in the right area.

Cheers,
Damage Inc Duty Officer
well i have to say i wasnt offended..i was asking a question...sometimes ( often) i come across wrong...i meant no harm...seemed like a spmish thread...but i stand corrected i see...so i appologise.....makes me wonder how many times ive appologiesed on here...lol....:salute:

Lionheart
May 24th, 2012, 20:52
Looks pretty fun! Thanks for the heads up.

Good to see someone else making a new CFS where MS left the baton.

:icon29:

Bill

fsxar177
May 25th, 2012, 09:53
I appreciate the initial post. It is news, and it is not out of place. Some of our folks may well enjoy this type of game. And the opportunity for the Texan ride at Airventure is good too.

Joseph

CrisGer
May 25th, 2012, 10:53
In case the original poster reads this thread again, I research and study and support many 3D sims and games, and am the admin of a game research association with over 800 international members from many related fields and.....

I WILL NEVER PLAY OR SUPPORT ANY GAME THAT USES SOCIAL GARBAGE MEDIA TO PROMOTE OR TO FACILITATE THEIR PRODUCTS. Ever.

It is a disaster of huge proportions to encourage people to trivialize their lives with meaningless garbage gossip via networking, and it demeans the games and products so debased. In time i am sure responsible people will ban and abohor this monstrosity but for now, those of us who are older and wiser will have to set the path for those addicted to every new tech gimick and they will have to be taught that just because technology makes some things possible does not make them worthwhile or healthy.

Sorry but your games is a non issue for me as long as you use Facebook. End of story.

Wittpilot
May 26th, 2012, 11:57
In case the original poster reads this thread again, I research and study and support many 3D sims and games, and am the admin of a game research association with over 800 international members from many related fields and.....

I WILL NEVER PLAY OR SUPPORT ANY GAME THAT USES SOCIAL GARBAGE MEDIA TO PROMOTE OR TO FACILITATE THEIR PRODUCTS. Ever.

It is a disaster of huge proportions to encourage people to trivialize their lives with meaningless garbage gossip via networking, and it demeans the games and products so debased. In time i am sure responsible people will ban and abohor this monstrosity but for now, those of us who are older and wiser will have to set the path for those addicted to every new tech gimick and they will have to be taught that just because technology makes some things possible does not make them worthwhile or healthy.

Sorry but your games is a non issue for me as long as you use Facebook. End of story.

Thats your right... I personally don't listen to anyone from California or Colorado.......

Daveroo
May 26th, 2012, 14:03
Thats your right... I personally don't listen to anyone from California or Colorado.......

hehehehehehe...........hey!!!! wait a sec...im from cali...........:icon_eek:

AckAck
May 26th, 2012, 17:32
What? I can't hear you! ;)

Lionheart
May 26th, 2012, 18:22

Dang....

:isadizzy:

Lionheart
May 26th, 2012, 18:24
By the way, I have a Facebook page for my humble firm, Lionheart Creations.

Like me if you want. :D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lionheart-Creations-Ltd/113402895337648

Collin
May 27th, 2012, 15:22

:ipepsi2: Hmm...er..but...why does SOH have a farcical button at the top of the page?:isadizzy:

regards Collin:ernae: