PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Studios Stearmen Volume 1

Cag40Navy
May 19th, 2012, 17:37
Not out yet.... Sorry for the troll folks. Thought it was out....

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/pt17

Felixthreeone
May 19th, 2012, 17:45
Looks outstanding!!!

skyhawka4m
May 19th, 2012, 18:06
stupid me but....where's the buy button?

heywooood
May 19th, 2012, 18:29
same here...their site is unchanged on this end

dvj
May 19th, 2012, 18:30
Not so stupid. I could not find it either, and I'm only on my 4th VB.

j

Bomber_12th
May 19th, 2012, 18:31
No, it doesn't seem to be released yet, it just has the planned price at the top of the page.

YoYo
May 20th, 2012, 00:05
Not out yet.... Sorry for the troll folks. Thought it was out....

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/pt17

No, not yet. This page looks like 2 monts ago, too same.... So wrong news :cool:

bushpilot
May 20th, 2012, 00:23
From their facebook page:

"The Boxed PT Stearman Vol I will be ready for Pre-Release sales on Monday 21st and will be delivered by the 30th."

and

"the Download version won't be available for roughly 5 weeks after initial Boxed release."

cheezyflier
May 20th, 2012, 06:26
ok, so, why is the delay? what does that accomplish?

bushpilot
May 20th, 2012, 07:03
Beats me, but that will sure keep us "i-prefer-my-addons-downloadable-because-cds-are-so-last-season-and-not-very-ecological-etc" -guys waiting ;)

cheezyflier
May 20th, 2012, 08:18
Beats me, but that will sure keep us "i-prefer-my-addons-downloadable-because-cds-are-so-last-season-and-not-very-ecological-etc" -guys waiting ;)

well, that and the fact that paying extra for the disc is retarded. why wouldn't someone copy the file they just downloaded anyhow? it's not rocket surgery :icon_lol:

Deano
May 20th, 2012, 09:56
Retarded ? That's not a pleasant word to be used out of context.

Guys, please know all facts prior to posting aspersions.

The RRP is £24.99 which is not the list price.

The DVD price will be the same as the Digital price.

Reason for the '4' FOUR week delay is because we have a publisher for the boxed version and this is the deal we agreed on. Not everyone is prepared to download or doesn't have an internet connection great enough to suck half a gig in download. the Boxed version is version is 1.4 gb in size (unpacked). Including printed manual, paintkit '2' install versions - HD (4096) and Medium pc's at 2048.

I have no problems with releasing at the same time, however playsims publishing does.

Now... if anyone needs anything clearing up so we can put an end the "Grape Vine" theories I'm more than happy to within our normal procedures ie our forums or ticket support.

well, that and the fact that paying extra for the disc is retarded. why wouldn't someone copy the file they just downloaded anyhow? it's not rocket surgery :icon_lol:

bushpilot
May 20th, 2012, 10:10
Sorry Dean, I had no intention for aspersions. It's your product and you can release it any way you want, and I am happy with that. I'm myself an avid Steam user and sort of accustomed to all the "no physical media" stuff. But I understand that there's still a demand for that.:mixedsmi:

Roger
May 20th, 2012, 10:12
Quite understandable that your publisher should require a delay of the downloadable version; thanks for explaining.

Deano
May 20th, 2012, 10:14
:salute:

Sorry Dean, I had no intention for aspersions. It's your product and you can release it any way you want, and I am happy with that. I'm myself an avid Steam user and sort of accustomed to all the "no physical media" stuff. But I understand that there's still a demand for that.:mixedsmi:

Roadburner440
May 20th, 2012, 14:31
Darn Cag, you got my hopes up!! Back to waiting I go... If this wait keeps up I may wind up buying the F8F. Don't have any VS products as of yet, but the more I look now the more I want to buy.

Cag40Navy
May 20th, 2012, 17:06
Darn Cag, you got my hopes up!! Back to waiting I go... If this wait keeps up I may wind up buying the F8F. Don't have any VS products as of yet, but the more I look now the more I want to buy.

Yea... Sorry bout that. I thought it was out but nope, just a page that was up...

trucker17
May 21st, 2012, 08:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZAJMzzwcoqU

bushpilot
May 23rd, 2012, 03:24
Stearman Vol1 is now pre-orderable (is that a word?)

"Expected Release Date : 30th May 2012
Pre-Order today and get free shipping (applicable to orders placed before the 30th May) "

http://www.pcsimstore.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-x/military-aircraft/pt17-stearman-model-75-vol-i.html

Looks so freaking tempting... hand reaching CC...:icon_lol:

Roadburner440
May 23rd, 2012, 12:52
Debating whether I want to pre-order the box, or wait for the download to come.. Certaintly is tempting to pre-order though. Not to mention it comes with a printed manual.

EDIT: K so I went to order, and I created an account.... It would seem there is no other option than free shipping? Never ordered from this site before so just curious to see if this is what others are experiencing as well. At least want some guarantee.. Free shipping means it can be anywhere from 4 days to a month.

Deano
May 23rd, 2012, 13:33
Everything ordered from pcsimstore.com is sent out by Royal Mail 1st class and by Airmail.

I send them out ;) as they are my products.

Debating whether I want to pre-order the box, or wait for the download to come.. Certaintly is tempting to pre-order though. Not to mention it comes with a printed manual.

EDIT: K so I went to order, and I created an account.... It would seem there is no other option than free shipping? Never ordered from this site before so just curious to see if this is what others are experiencing as well. At least want some guarantee.. Free shipping means it can be anywhere from 4 days to a month.

Roadburner440
May 23rd, 2012, 13:39
Everything ordered from pcsimstore.com is sent out by Royal Mail 1st class and by Airmail.

I send them out ;) as they are my products.

Deano I just bit the bullet and ordered it anyway. Can't wait till it hits my door step! Thanks for the reply though.

Deano
May 23rd, 2012, 13:51
Delivery is usually 4 to 6 working days from the UK

Deano I just bit the bullet and ordered it anyway. Can't wait till it hits my door step! Thanks for the reply though.

Roadburner440
May 23rd, 2012, 14:16
Well looks like people better hurry. Is only 13 left now. Guess that is the only problem with having physical products is they eventually run out.... Don't worry about me Deano. Just an impatient American, and we do demand instant gratification. So I apologize. :USA-flag: It looks excellent though, and shall be worth the wait... I need to hurry up, and do that FSX version of the Aviation Museum here in the Beach before it gets to my door.

bushpilot
May 24th, 2012, 03:19
I was about to pre-order, and was already at the checkout. As it turns out, paypal is the only payment option. That's a no go for me then. Bummer.

italoc
May 24th, 2012, 05:50
I was about to pre-order, and was already at the checkout. As it turns out, paypal is the only payment option. That's a no go for me then. Bummer.

Same for me, damn :isadizzy:
Means we have to wait for the availability with some other vendor :wiggle:

Italo

bushpilot
May 24th, 2012, 07:27
Means we have to wait for the availability with some other vendor :wiggle:

Yes that is the plan :) I even upgraded my stick, so I can get more out of this seat-of-the-pants aircraft :wiggle:

Roadburner440
May 24th, 2012, 07:38
What sick did you wind up getting?

That sucks about not being able to use PayPal... I used to not use it out of choice, and was steadfast against it. Then I started to use it to buy my FlightSim addons, and some stuff on Ebay. Have not looked back since. Plus when I sell stuff on Ebay is easier to get the money that way as well.

bushpilot
May 24th, 2012, 07:57
I got CH Products Flightstick Pro, bought it used at bargain price, haven't had time to really test it. I had paypal account years ago, never had much use for it so I bailed out. Only addon I ever bought using paypal was SibWings Bird Dog, as SW don't use any major vendors.