PDA

View Full Version : Hawker Sea Hawk

Willy
May 16th, 2012, 21:34
Has anyone ever done a Hawker Sea Hawk for FS9?

I can't recall seeing one.

OBIO
May 16th, 2012, 21:57
And how! And not just one Sea Hawk, but a whole slew of versions.

http://www.nazcastudios.com/sea-hawk/

OBIO

Rallymodeller
May 16th, 2012, 23:37
Gotta say, they're fantastic. Add a decent soundpack and they are payware-worthy.

Motormouse
May 17th, 2012, 01:16
Just be sure to download the base pack, before installing any others or you end up with missing panels etc.

Ttfn
Pete

nazca_steve
May 17th, 2012, 20:37
The sounds are from Greg Logan's Allison J33 engine sounds - a comparable engine as it was a license-built RR Nene. When I finally do a new model, I'm planning to get the RN Historic Flight to record from the actual Nene.

The Sea Hawk was my first FS modelling project, nice to know it is still in demand, but I cringe when I look at certain parts of it now. All the more reason to do with a lot more polys next time.

Steve

Blackbird686
May 18th, 2012, 09:05
The Sea Hawk was my first FS modelling project, nice to know it is still in demand, but I cringe when I look at certain parts of it now. All the more reason to do with a lot more polys next time.

Steve

A new Sea Hawk...!? :icon_eek: Now THAT would be a real treat.

I have the F.6 Clean and Armed models and the F.50/100 versions. I've been flying them for a long time, so much so that they have migrated from three different PC's, to my current FS machine.... along with several versions of the Canberra. For a first effort... I though it was an excellent result.:salute:

BB686:USA-flag:

nazca_steve
May 18th, 2012, 12:41
Cheers, Blackbird. Yes a new Sea Hawk is on the books, almost certainly my next project. FSX native mind you, possibly an FS9 version if it can be done.

SSI01
May 18th, 2012, 17:17
I did every one of these just as I did the Canberras, for FS9. Great job, Steve!:salute:

nazca_steve
May 18th, 2012, 20:03
Cheers matey, glad to know they are still decent.

I've got loads of good reference for the Sea Hawk, even more than before including the maintenance manual which is a hefty tome! It's going to be good working on her again. Got to start completely from scratch mind you as l lost my original source files from the FS9 version.

huub vink
May 19th, 2012, 09:34
This humble Sea Hawk is still one of my favourite jets. In my opinion one of the best looking aircraft ever built and Steve's model captures these lines very nice!

Cheers,
Huub

nigel richards
May 20th, 2012, 04:43
The sounds are from Greg Logan's Allison J33 engine sounds - a comparable engine as it was a license-built RR Nene. When I finally do a new model, I'm planning to get the RN Historic Flight to record from the actual Nene.

Steve

It may have been your first project - but what a project!

Yes, I'm with the gang in being a happy regular user of this great model. The prospect of a new version would be highly admirable and extremely welcome.

The Nene sounds would be worth going for with a ship such as this.

Power to your elbow and thanks for the years of pleasure derived from a great ship.

:icon29::icon29:

nazca_steve
May 21st, 2012, 12:20
Cheers Nigel, I appreciate the comments and will certainly do my best to deliver another worthy model. I think we're in all agreement this is this a much undersung but beautiful aircraft to behold. One of Hawker's greats, along with the Hunter. I am really looking forward to working on her again, maybe in a month or two once I clear my plate of some other things.