PDA

View Full Version : Quick Combat & Free Flight Failed

stoney
December 26th, 2008, 17:54
Well for crying out loud,:crybaby: I really thought I had this Sim figured out by now. But all of a sudden I get those fail to start F/F, Q/C things. the only thing I've done new was to install the FDG2 B-17's and P-51C.
I've removed about 15 aircraft to no avail. I also check the OBJECTS_DP, GSL,cfg and SHIPS for over the limit issues, but know joy. Also checked out the inf and weapons. I hope not to have to do a re-install of my Euro/Med install.. so ANY suggestions would be most welcome boys. Thanks.

stoney
December 26th, 2008, 18:46
I'm getting these files in my Cache folder. They all have filelist in each of the sub folders Scenery-Texture. I've never had this happen before in any of my installs. What would cause this??

Hern07
December 26th, 2008, 18:49
Got a clean install? If so, add your Euromed folders one at a time until you get the dreaded message. If you can't duplicate the failure you are still well on the way to having a working Euromed. Good Luck.

Fibber
December 26th, 2008, 21:29
I am far from a expert in this game and its' idiosyncrasies but these are some of the things that I came across when I had the same problems.:banghead:

If you checked the planes and they have the proper folders,(Model\Panel|Sound|texture) open the folders and see if anything is in them. I was getting the same, and found out the hard way some need a "place keeper" in there. Simple as putting in some text file with nothing in it.
Also found that the planes may be "aliased" to some plane you don't have. Look in the sound folder and verify that the sound is aliased to a plane that is in your airplane folder. If not put a sound from Lawdog in there.
Also, make sure you are not over the limit. I know that you stated you withdrew 15 planes and still no joy, but I did the same thing and still ran into the propblem you have.
I found a download here in the library that eliminates the error messages and so far I have had No problems. ( that said my game will crash tomorrow!)

bearcat241
December 26th, 2008, 21:37
Delete all the following from the main folder and reinstall your addon scenery:

AIRWAY_INDEX
ICAO_INDEX
INDEX_FILE
LAT_INDEX
STR_INDEX
WAYPOINT_INDEX

Buddha13
December 27th, 2008, 09:08
Hi Stony,
Can you click throught the fault warnings and then continue to play as normal.If so it is not the a/c folder at fault.
I suggest you get your discs out and extract the ships folder.ename your origional ships folder and replae with the new on.
In the time I have been with CFS2 this has been the main culprit for this error.
If this does not work try Bearcats ideas.

Buddha13

stoney
December 27th, 2008, 09:55
Thanks boys, for the replies. I'm off to give it a shot. Will report back.

sc7500
December 27th, 2008, 11:40
Remember to delete ALL filelist.dat files from the install.

Easy enough to do ~ if you're running windows, doe a Search of the given CFS2 install folder [the whole thing, not individual file folders] for <filelist.dat> and delete 'em when you're done.

SC
:kilroy:

stoney
December 27th, 2008, 12:31
Whelp, if isn't the most exasperating dang thing:banghead:. Nothing works. I can still fly missions and campaigns, but not FF or QC. I've spent years building up my Euro install and I'm not sure I want to start over. Life is to short!
What I can't figure is why after every shut down my Cache folder has the same CFS2_DISK2_fx: CFS2_DISK2_ships and CFS2_DISK2_world, each with scenery and texture folders in them and each of those have a filelist. It's gotta be something simple. I tried the delete that Bearcat 241 mentioned and I got an immediate CDT.

Fibber
December 27th, 2008, 13:10
This may sound like a inate question, but did you completely remove the last aircraft(s) that you put in? Also, if I remember right ( and I could be wrong here) FDG had their own weapons pack that they used and it is in the library.

Also, what error messages are getting or is the screen just doing nothing?
I have been through this myself ( as have alot of people here) so don't dispair we can try to salvage it.

Try this;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileType=cfs2-utilities#download.

I used it and my system started to work again!

bearcat241
December 27th, 2008, 13:11
I tried the delete that Bearcat 241 mentioned and I got an immediate CDT.

You can't get an immediate CTD if the sim isn't running at the moment of deleting those files. You delete while the sim is offline, then load it. The sim then rebuilds the entire library of stock scenery, all inf and all weapons as it loads. After this, you then reinstall addon scenery.

But make sure you only have stock ships and aircraft in place before loading after the deletion. That's how you restore the library and get rid of this problem.

stoney
December 27th, 2008, 13:47
Okay. I didn't have the stock ships and acft when doing that, but the original Euro ones. I meant the sim loaded fine, but when I clicked on FF it CDT after I removed the INDEX files.
Thanks Fibber I got it an will try it out as well. Thanks again fellas.

stoney
December 27th, 2008, 14:56
'BANG ON', Bearcat241. That was the fix I needed. Thank you for the help!:jump::jump:

bearcat241
December 28th, 2008, 07:53
That was the fix I needed.

I told ya so...that one works everytime :ernae:

Jagdflieger
December 28th, 2008, 08:18
Stony,

Looks like this all started over removing your stock ships from CFS 2.

I delete most of my stock ships from CFS 2 as a matter of course, but when I do, I also delete them from the mdlname.dat file too. This way the game does not look for them for any reason and that seems to prevent those CTDs.

If you do remove them, you won't be able to fly any of the stock or many add on missions/campaigns unless you use the same folder names, but with replacement ships in them. That will cause you another headache (easily solved) because you will need to rename the DP file for each ship and the Sim line in the ship.cfg file to match the folder name exactly.

If you remove your stock planes, ie. MS stock Japanese planes from an ETO install, then be sure to remove them from the mdlname.dat file and the QC.dat file. This will prevent the sim from looking for them and causing you trouble. Of course, as above, you might as well remove any missions that may use them in any way. The stock MS missions and campaigns as well as any PTO missions you downloaded. Vice verse for a PTO installation.

stoney
December 28th, 2008, 12:52
Thanks again guys for all your help. Once I realized that I had forgot to install a stock scenery cfg things moved pretty fast. I keept Bearcat's advise on a wordpad and saved it. Just incase this would happen again.