PDA

View Full Version : FSSC 1.2.5

bobhegf
May 13th, 2012, 15:08
I downloaded FSSC 1.2.5 and then found out that I can`t create any flat areas. I can use everything else but the flat area part of the program. What gives with FSSC and WIN7? I have got to be able to create flat areas inorder to do any scenery. When I used it in win98se it worked greate but I couldn`t get my bunner to work inorder to burn CDs with the scenery on it.I got all the other programs to build scenery to work fine.With the old FSSC I had on a cd I was able to install it on this pc. I couldn`t get FSSC to transport the scenery to CFS2 and now with the new download I can`t create flat areas. HELP

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 08:04
Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?

voyager
May 14th, 2012, 09:33
bobhegf,

I don't know about FSSC 1.2.5 working with WIn7. I am using FSSC 1.5.11 and it seems to work okay.

It is available from Flightsim as fssc15b.zip and an update, fsscu15b.zip.

I am running the program on a drive that I added to my computer instead of the "C" drive.

Hope that this is of some help to you.

voyager

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 14:32
fellows I have done everything I can think of to get FSSC any version to work in win7 but it is a no go.I eather don`t have a workable flar are program in FSSC or it will not transfer the completed scenery to CFS2. I have tried to download several different upgraded versions and the links are broken or I have to sign up for all kinds of programs. This is starting to be a real pain in the backside and my temper is starting to get real short. Is anyone using FSSC with win7 and if so can you help me get it to work. i got the DXTBmp and paint program to work but without FSSC doing scenery and being able to transport it to CFS2 is outside my paygrade. Will win7 even support FSSC and CFS2?

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 15:20
Hi Bob.

I'll try to lend a hand. Lets start with the basics- just so I will know where to focus.

First of all:

Open FSSC
Click on the "Options" menu
Click on "Preferences"
Click the "Locations" tab
Left click "Export Folder" to hi-lite it
Click the "Browse" button
In the "Selected Folder" window right click on the hi-lited folder address and copy it
Paste it into a reply to this post.

Thanks
MR

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 16:22
BTW Bob,

Just to ensure we are both on the same FSSC page, please have a look at the screenshot below.

Is this pretty much what your FSSC work space looks like- aside from the bg color and grid? This is the workspace for FSSC Version 1.2.15. This is the version I have on my rig- along with version 1.5

I don't think there is much difference between 1.2.15 and 1.2.5.

Cheers,
MR

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 16:34
MR, mine doesn`t look anything like that at all. Ido have a grid but it is only a 10 by 10 grid. I am putting up a screne shot. On my win98se pc mine looked like the one you have. I don`t think they have an FSSC program that works with win7 that I can find, If so I sure wish I could find it.

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 17:25
MR, mine doesn`t look anything like that at all. Ido have a grid but it is only a 10 by 10 grid. I am putting up a screne shot.

Actually Bob- except for the background color and the grid, the two things I mentioned- it looks exactly the same, buddy. The menu across the top is all I am interested in anyway. Do you see the "Options" menu? Click on it and please follow the steps that I posted 2 posts ago. Forget that the flat area is greyed out for the time being and lets start at the beginning.

Thanks,
MR

PS WRT the flattens (I know I said to forget about them for the moment) try opening an older scn file- one that you made pre-windows7- one that includes a flatten and see if it shows.

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 17:36
MR you tought me how to do blended scenery and and now how to I hope get this thing to work, I sure do thank you for your help. Now I will get to work and see if i can get this going.

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 18:00
here is what I think you were asking for.

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 18:21
One reason that your new scenery isn't being off loaded to CFS2 is because you haven't told FSSC to put it there.

Here is what I want you to do:

FIRST: Check that your FS Folder is correctly specified in FSSC locations preferences:
Click on the "options" menu in FSSC
Click on "Preferences"
Right click "FS folder" to hi-lite it
Starting at "C:\" in the "Folders" window, browse down to the Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2 folder
Double click the Combat Flight Simulator 2 folder to hi-lite and change its closed folder icon to an open folder icon
Click "OK"

SECOND: Check that your Scenery Compiler location is correctly specified in FSSC locations preferences:
Click on "Preferences"
Right click "Scenery Compiler" to hi-lite it
Starting at "C:\" in the "Folders" window, browse down to the Program Files\Leung Software\FS Scenery Creator\Scasm folder
Double click the FS Scenery Creator\Scasm folder
Click the "scasm.exe" to hi-lite it.
Click "Open"
Click "OK"

THIRD: Create a scenery folder in CFS2 that is exclusive for exporting newly compiled scenery bgls to.

In your main CFS2 parent folder create a folder and name it "My Terrain"
Inside the My Terrain folder create two additional folders. Name one "scenery" and the other "texture"

The path/location of this folder should be:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\My Terrain\scenery

After you have created this folder group:

Click on "Preferences"
Right click "Export folder" to hi-lite it
Starting at "C:\" in the "Folders" window, browse down to the Combat Flight Simulator 2\My Terrain\scenery folder
Double click the My Terrain/scenery folder to hi-lite and change its closed folder icon to an open folder icon
Click "OK"

After this try exporting a scenery bgl and check to make sure it is in the My Terrain/scenery folder.

Then open CFS2. Activate the My Terrain folder and see it the scenery shows up.

All for now,
MR

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 19:31
MR ,thanks I will as soon as I can and let you know what happened.

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 20:00
I got to the scasm folder and found this. See below.I have stoped there for the present time untill you can get back to me. Thank you for the help.

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 20:11
Ok, Thanks, Bob.

I see what happened. See the down arrow next to "open"? Click the arrow and see what other choices are available besides "open". If "select" is there, choose it. If not, try right clicking "scasm.exe" and see if "select" is at the top of the context menu that pops up. If so choose it. Let me know how she goes.

MR

PS also, Bob if I were you, I would go into windows explorer "tools/folder options/view/advanced settings/files and folders" and un-check the box that says "hide extensions for known file types"- this will allow you to see the entire file names.

Also, while you are at it, also in windows explorer, go to "tools/folder options/view/advanced settings/files and folders/hidden files and folders" and put a click on the "show hidden files and folders" button.

The first is a definite to do. The second- up to you.

MR

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 20:38
I was able to get to the scasm file and this is what happened.I went to open and it scent me back to the preference folder. see below.

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 20:48
I think you are ok. I think it got it. To make sure, go back to the locations list. Hi-lite "Scenery compiler" and see if scasm.exe is the name that shows in the "File name" window. If so then you are good to go with that step.

MR

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 20:56
OK, Doing it now

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 21:11
Don't forget to change the locations specified for your "FS Folder", "Export Folder" and also your "Texture Folder"

To set your Texture Folder location:
Click on "Preferences"
Right click "Texture folder" to hi-lite it
Starting at "C:\" in the "Folders" window, browse down to the Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\TEXTURE folder
Double click the Combat Flight Simulator 2\TEXTURE folder to hi-lite and change its closed folder icon to an open folder icon
Click "OK"

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 21:11
I did it and all looked good. I created the scenery folder you suggested but when I checked it came out to be.I was able to open the new folder per your instructions and that part worked ok.Now this may take awhile . I am going to do some scenery and see what happens

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 21:19
Bob, you need to be a little more clear about what you were doing when this screen came up. Were you setting your Export Folder location?

This is the screen that came up when you double clicked the my terrain/scenery folder? Or when you clicked the My Terrain folder?

If the "read only" box being checked is what is bothering you, just un-check it.

MR

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 21:37
Now this may take awhile . I am going to do some scenery and see what happens

Ok, be sure you have your FS Folder, Export folder, Texture folder and Scenery Compiler locations properly set..

I'll be standing by- with crossed fingers! :icon29:

MR

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 21:40
I clicked on my terrain folder in CFS2

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 21:42
I clicked on my terrain folder in CFS2

Did you put a "scenery" and "texture" folder inside of your My Terrain folder?

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 21:48
It trnsported but to the texture folder in my terrain file. At least i am getting somewhere lol.here is a pic. Another problem I am having is that I can`t do flat areas in FSSC.For some reason FSSC won`t let me open that part of the program.

MaskRider
May 14th, 2012, 22:17
Bob, I am done with this little exercise.

Setting up FSSC folder and file locations is very basic stuff- light years away from rocket science.

I have supplied you with all of the help you should need but you absolutely refuse to just follow the instructions I give you.

I have no clue what you are doing. I seriously wonder whether you do either.

I don't know for sure, but has it occurred that if you get the locations set up correctly that it might just solve the flat area issue too?

Good luckl
MR

bobhegf
May 14th, 2012, 22:23
MR thanks for the help.I am going to keep going with it untill I can figure it out.You have really do alot in helping me understand FSSC and yes I am not sure what I am doing because I have never run into this problem before. But with what you have given me I think I can figure it out.