PDA

View Full Version : Question about country listings

aeromed202
May 12th, 2012, 17:31
I seem to have acquired more than one United States listed and one or two other dupes as well. This is when the game starts and you choose a starting location, that list. Can I fix this somehow?

Rallymodeller
May 12th, 2012, 17:34
It's a mistake in the add-on scenery packages, like a mis-spelling or some such. As far as I know, it shouldn't hurt anything.

falcon409
May 12th, 2012, 18:14
If you have an AFCAD program at your disposal, pulling up the offending AFCAD and looking at the "properties". . .it should let you change that information, then just save and it will show the correct "country".

aeromed202
May 12th, 2012, 19:27
It's a correct spelling for the US but it only has Alaska connected to it I think, as well as the countries United States of America, The United States of America and USA which also sub list only Alaska. Oh, almost forgot the nation of Carrier which incorporates the prefectures of some thirty Ocean Flattens. Then under the proper US section, there are some new states I didn't learn at school, Airzona, Johnston Atoll, Midway Islands, US Navy, and Wake Island. I know it doesn't bother anything but if it arises from an afcad I might start checking for the culprit.

Mick
May 13th, 2012, 04:19
Yeah, just check which one is the primary, original listing, with a gazillion airports, and make the rest match.

All AFCAD files must have a country listing, and unlike aircraft (where making them Type 2 in the AIR file removes them fro the menu) you can't keep them from showing up. That's why the carrier flattens show up under the country "Carrier" - they have to show up somehow, so the writer called the country "Carrier.".

Whenever I have AFCADs that are used to shape the terrain, like carrier flattens, terraces, or other non-standard uses, I use the country name "Not An Airport" and the State or Province "Nowhere."

aeromed202
May 13th, 2012, 05:37
Thanks for the help. Turns out it was some MAIW afcads connected with Elmendorf using United States of America, and one other 1AK0 that used United States that had a space after the "s", the rest I can ignore. I used ADE9 to fix these but saving the file generated a new name as an ad2 format. Can I just swap these in for the offenders or do I need to fix them using something that will save as a bgl?

Tom Clayton
May 13th, 2012, 10:19
Try downloading the original AFCAD2.21 (search afcad221.zip on Flightsim.com) and use it to save in bgl format. Note, if there's stuff in the bgl other than just the ramp, taxiways, and runways, you'll need something more modern.