PDA

View Full Version : Beam me up, Scotty!

paiken
May 12th, 2012, 06:33
http://www.buildtheenterprise.org/

I know there are quite a few Trekkies/Trekkers out there. This guy proposes to actually build a full scale Enterprise, complete with ion engines ("she's got ion drive") and a 1g gravity wheel.

My apologies if the above link does not work. It's been a very long day...here's more info.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47396187/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Lionheart
May 12th, 2012, 19:32
BRILLIANT!

About time...!

Why not make the 'Scout' first and kind of test things out, out there....

I couldnt link into that site. I hope they get it working again soon.

Bill

stansdds
May 13th, 2012, 03:57
Uhhhh... riiiiight. How much will this project cost and who is going to put up the funding? :isadizzy:

pilottj
May 13th, 2012, 10:48
Sounds like an interesting project. Tho it seemes it would be wise to start with somthing smaller to prove the technology first.

Maybe he and the guy who wants to build a 'new' Titanic should do lunch :icon_lol:

Lionheart
May 13th, 2012, 22:19
LOL...

I was thinking that exact same thing.

roger-wilco-66
May 14th, 2012, 08:32
Uhhhh... riiiiight. How much will this project cost and who is going to put up the funding? :isadizzy:

There's an interesting article on that website on that matter. That guy put a lot of thought into this, although I doubt that these massive and sleek hull structures make sense in space.

Cheers,
Mark

stansdds
May 15th, 2012, 02:04
Yeah, after reading much of the site, he has put thought into, but made a lot of assumptions. Financially, he assumes a constant GDP growth of 2.4%, but the current rate is only 2.2%, so that could be a problem. He also assumes the government will go along with increasing income tax rates while cutting social and defense spending. Although I think tax rates will rise, I do not see the government cutting spending, especially on social programs.

Besides, warp drive does not exists, why build this particular shape?

Lionheart
May 15th, 2012, 07:03
Besides, warp drive does not exists, why build this particular shape?

StansDDS

True in one sense, but I think in another sense, not..

First, to answer, why make it that shape... Because, its Star Trek! :) My goodness man... Thats what its all about. Its Enterprise. Why make a replica of the Titanic and then decide to make it totally different looking. Then it wouldnt be a replica of the Titanic. (Just my humble thoughts).

Back to warp drive. I think we have technologies that could make that thing go. We found evidence of a human camp / base on Mars. I am sure we have places farther out. The Blackbird was flying in 1957 and even today looks years ahead of its time. Imagine what we have now.

Quote from a website;
Allegedly, in the fall of 1943 a U.S. Navy destroyer was made invisible and teleported from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Norfolk, Virginia, in an incident known as the Philadelphia Experiment. Records in the Operational Archives Branch of the Naval Historical Center have been repeatedly searched, but no documents have been located which confirm the event, or any interest by the Navy in attempting such an achievement.

In the late 1930's, at the world fair, the Germans showed a 'disappearing' scale model village that showed a new technology for stealth. (Yes, before WWII). Before an audience, a model of a town on a stage, surrounded by electrical antennaes, started humming. As it charged up, which took about 10 min's, a shimmering became visible when looking at the stage town mockup. At 10 min's into the process, the model had disappeared and you could see clearly through the area, the back drop behind the model village. I think that it was then that we had found out how to shift things out of this physical dimension with 'electrical fields'. I think this is how the Philidelphia was able to disappear, and move at great speed.

Note, on the Philidelphia experiment, they made it to Australia, to a port, rematerialized, phoned in to the naval base here in America, and on the return, a major malfuction occurred where the ship partially materialized as well as people, and some fused into the deck, etc. (Very grim... ) Also, a side effect occurred in the crew where they would often become slightly transparent. Albert Einstein was part of the project and voted to never attempt it again because it was, he said, to extreme of a technology for mankind to be fulling with (at the time).

To bump that up. If you watch and note alot of the present UFO reports and videos, several lights appear, then a craft materializes inside that area. From the giant flying wing over Phoenix (I think 9 lights?) to saucers in China, acorn shaped scouts in Germany's forests, etc, etc... They seem to be able to instantly warp in and out of this 'area' (our place) via these light things. Two videos of a saucer that was hovering next to a building in China formed about 6 or 8 lights (looked like nav lights, large, not connected to the hull) and in 2 video frames (very fast), the saucer became a blurr, in one direction, inside the circle of lights.

So it seems that the shifting or warping or what ever one might call that form of transportation has been around for ages, and man had it back in the 1930's (Germany).

It would be danged cool if we already had 'large' ships that could warp to Mars, or even the moons of Jupiter.... And I feel that we 'do' already have such technology, but I do not think they are as large as Enterprise...

cheezyflier
May 15th, 2012, 10:18
got a little time to spare? here is the straight and skinny

http://youtu.be/4pm0UPryRTY

here is the spoiler: the possibility of alien life capable of reaching earth from where ever the heck they are is very VERY slim. it's already known that there is life out there, in the form of micro organisms.
many scientists think that may be how we got here in the first place. but aliens that have the sort of tech that we think of in terms of ufos? extremely doubtful. don't believe it? still hold fast to the notion of probability? watch the video and see what your leaving out of the equation. there are no aliens visiting earth. there never was.

Terry
May 15th, 2012, 13:52
This is about as close as anyone is going to get on owning a starship, but it is nice!

https://store.qmxonline.com/Enterprise-Refit-Artisan-Replica_p_135.html

Lionheart
May 15th, 2012, 13:53
got a little time to spare? here is the straight and skinny

http://youtu.be/4pm0UPryRTY

here is the spoiler: the possibility of alien life capable of reaching earth from where ever the heck they are is very VERY slim. it's already known that there is life out there, in the form of micro organisms.
many scientists think that may be how we got here in the first place. but aliens that have the sort of tech that we think of in terms of ufos? extremely doubtful. don't believe it? still hold fast to the notion of probability? watch the video and see what your leaving out of the equation. there are no aliens visiting earth. there never was.

Hey CF,

No worries. I imagine alot of secret projects are never found out about, and then covered up by disinformation if they were. I had a chance to read articles on some of the crew of that ship, see things that people would never believe, etc, etc.

Hey, you are allowed to think what you do, and I can think what I do. I even believe in God! and His son Jesus! A person that can create a star system, a people, languages, and set them into motion....

But Im a bit different...

I hope all is well and that you have an awesome afternoon.

Bill

Eoraptor1
May 16th, 2012, 07:14
As soon as Starfleet operations are coordinated, I'm enlisting.

JAMES

n4gix
May 16th, 2012, 11:04
It's interesting that not only does the original link not work, neither does the link from the article.

All I can see is a "Wordpress Error" message from either one.

Lionheart
May 16th, 2012, 11:17
I never did see the first one. I did see the second, which was a model being animated showing the rotating G-load living area within the saucer section.

Bill

cheezyflier
May 16th, 2012, 12:34
Hey CF,

No worries. I imagine alot of secret projects are never found out about, and then covered up by disinformation if they were. I had a chance to read articles on some of the crew of that ship, see things that people would never believe, etc, etc.

Hey, you are allowed to think what you do, and I can think what I do. I even believe in God! and His son Jesus! A person that can create a star system, a people, languages, and set them into motion....

But Im a bit different...

I hope all is well and that you have an awesome afternoon.

Bill

without Him, nothing was made, that was made. i know Him too. :wavey:

as an aside, the philadelphia experiment (the naval yard being only 20 minutes from where i used to live) is something i've done alot of research on. i can't say if it's true or not. however, i found it interesting enough to learn about einstien's unified field theory so i could understand the "legend" a little better. do you remember the part about the sailors fighting in the bar and disappearing?
i've been to a corner bar that claimed to be THAT bar. asking about it got me a nice retelling of the tale, allegedly as told to the current owner by one of the former ones. after that, it was all mostly jokes and winks. :icon_lol:

Prowler1111
May 16th, 2012, 19:08
IŽll prefer someone decided to build a Galactic Star Destroyer..it reaaally makes more sense..

Prowler

Lionheart
May 16th, 2012, 19:33
IŽll prefer someone decided to build a Galactic Star Destroyer..it reaaally makes more sense..

Prowler

That would be one HUGE vessel. It would have enough room to put several hotels in it. :)

pilottj
May 16th, 2012, 20:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwn358yvWjM;)

Motormouse
May 17th, 2012, 01:32
as an aside, the philadelphia experiment (the naval yard being only 20 minutes from where i used to live) is something i've done alot of research on. i can't say if it's true or not. however, i found it interesting enough to learn about einstien's unified field theory :

IIRC it was an accidental side effect of ships being fitted and using degaussing belts for minesweeping ops.
that triggered Einstein to research deeper into unified fields.

Ttfn

Pete

Odie
May 18th, 2012, 19:44
http://www.buildtheenterprise.org/

I know there are quite a few Trekkies/Trekkers out there. This guy proposes to actually build a full scale Enterprise, complete with ion engines ("she's got ion drive") and a 1g gravity wheel.

My apologies if the above link does not work. It's been a very long day...here's more info.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47396187/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Well, let's hope they make it a bit more secure than the TV/Movie versions....I always thought the Enterprise(s) were by far
the easiest ships in the fleet to commandiere by the bad guys....:icon_lol:

Lionheart
May 19th, 2012, 18:55
Remembering O'Nealle, back at Stargate Command, having captured a Goa-oulde giant mother ship thing (Pyramid ore landing craft inside of a giant ring assembly) and was trying to bring it home and it has to be destroyed...

:pop4:

Ever wonder if there are alien civilizations that would just sell us some nice space craft so we could start getting our feet dirty with some nice star travel?! But then, they probably do not take USD's...

:isadizzy: