PDA

View Full Version : RH_FDG_B-17_91st_BG.zip

Rami
May 11th, 2012, 14:26
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/282013367751695351.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: This is a skin pack (textures only) for the Donationware B-17G Late from FighterTown Design Group. You can get it here for a great price!! www.donationware.net Thank you FDG for providing this great plane!! Special thanks go to Jarink, who is a repainter in IL-2/PF. Jarink was kind enough to send me his layered photoshop files of the Noseart that I used for these repaints. I also used his repaints as a guide for my repaints. This skin pack of 4 textures represents B-17G Flying Fortresses of the 91st Bomb Group, 8th Air Force. The 91th BG, one of the more famous groups in the Eighth Air Force. "The Ragged Irregulars" were based at Bassingbourn, England. "Little Patches" The name "Little Patches" was acquired after the aircraft's first combat mission with Lt William Major's crew when Frankfurt flak put many splinters through the ship. The damage was primarily cosmetic but the skin required numerous small aluminium patches prompting Lt Major to name the ship. "Little Miss Mischief" While on a mission to Cologne on October 15th, 1944, the ship was seriously damaged around the ball turret mount. The damage tore a huge hole in the fuselage, severing the control cables. By pulling on the cables by hand, the crew was amazingly able to return to and land back in England. Rather than scrapping the entire plane, the rear fuselage from an older plane was grafted onto the original forward fuselage by the 441st Sub Depot. By the end of the operation, "Little Miss Mischief" contained parts from 13 different planes! It flew an additional 15 missions before crash-landing at Bassingbourn. Repaired again, it was transferred to the 306BG. "Rhapsody in Red" Crew Members:1st Lt. Frank L. Adams, Pilot (0763887); 1st Lt. Monte B. Adams, Co-Pilot (0556018); 1st Lt. Harold W. Burts, Bombardier (0772936); 1st Lt. Elmer Gettis, Navigator (0712554). T/Sgt. Clifford M. Schultz, Radio Operator (36744080); T/Sgt. Vivian R. Chowning, Jr., Engineer (33634254); S/Sgt. Gerald L. Block, Waist Gunner (13085771); S/Sgt. Seymour B. Gold, Tail Gunner (32966976); S/Sgt. Joseph F. Sovina, Waist Gunner (33607095); S/Sgt. Roy Bertrand, Ball Turret Gunner (38488949). Rhapsody in Red completed 94 missions. Mr. Schultz believes that the members of this crew may have completed 35 missions. Her last sortie was also the 91st Bomb Group's last sortie on April 25, 1945. She returned to the U.S.A. on May 26, 1945. On November 28, 1945 she was sent to Kingman, Arizona. "Hells Belle" I was unable to locate any useful info about this one, other than it is definately historical and did exist.

By RobH

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RH_FDG_B-17_91st_BG.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=7115&catid=57)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.