PDA

View Full Version : SB2C-4 Fuel Gauge question

SSI01
May 11th, 2012, 05:11
I just downloaded the 1% Curtiss SB2C-4 that was available via the file postings section on the home page. If you haven't done so already, I recommend to our warbird buffs you do so. This is one of the best 2Cs I've ever seen, even wing fold details are included. Needs a little touch on the fold-down sections for the turtle-back right in front of the vert. stab, these folded down and in on the real thing, giving the rear gunner a little better field of fire for his weapons by allowing him to depress his weapons a little more than is currently possible. This is a minor point. It is an EXCELLENT aircraft.

Now on to the issue: When first loading the aircraft, I got a msg box saying the following gauge was not compatible w/FS9, and giving me the option of disabling it:

CFO_REFUEL_DUMP.GAU

The aircraft has a nice fuel quantity gauge on its panel. Disabling CFO_REFUEL_DUMP.GAU renders the fuel gauge inop. The gauge in question is gauge 28. The instrument panel entry is "gauge28=rww2-fuel."

I would like to keep the fuel gauge itself but substitute something in the "gauge" folder to get it to run. Is there such a thing available? If not, I will substitute something from another panel, and mimic the domensions on the fuel gauge already in the panel to cover the existing one.

Milton Shupe
May 11th, 2012, 08:59
Did you download the the things suggested here:

6. If this is your first RX equipped aircraft download the RX-DLL from our web site and unzip it into your CFS2/MODULES folder. The aircraft will have all the standard 1% attributes with out the RX-DLL being installed, but will have none of the Reality-X features. Any addition 1% planes that have RX features you install will NOT require a additional RX.DLL
This 1% version of the VB Planes SB2C-4 HELLDIVER has the following
modifications:
- Updated 1% V 2.80.53 Air File
- Updated MDL file.
- Simplified cockpit panel with 714 gauges added to improve frame rates.
NOTE: if you have not done so please download and install the 1% gauges from our site. This is a one time install and will cover all our planes.

pfflyers
May 11th, 2012, 09:05
Just for the record, the CFO_REFUEL_DUMP gauge is NOT compatible with FS9 and must be "//" out or removed completely from the panel config, or CTDs may result.

SSI01
May 11th, 2012, 12:19
Can and will comment the gauge out of the panel config.

Thanks for the info, Milton. Where is the site they are referring to, where these gauges can be obtained?

EDIT: Did some digging, found the .gau file plus RXdll and will look into installing. Thanks again for the steer!

SSI01
May 11th, 2012, 13:22
OK, commented out the CFO gauge. I also downloaded and attempted to install the 1% "master gauge" file, only to discover they were already in my gauges folders. RX installed as well. Looks like I've got that covered.

Attempted another start of the SB2C-4 and everything's fine except that fuel gauge, which still doesn't move off the empty peg. At this point, should I be substituting another gauge for the one that's already in the panel?