PDA

View Full Version : Touchdown sounds incorrect

falcon409
May 7th, 2012, 11:45
Not sure at all why this is happening, but on touchdown (in any airplane) rather than playing the touchdown sounds called for in the sound.cfg file it plays the water landing sounds. I've checked the main FSX sound folder and the correct sounds are there for both touchdown (bmtouch) and roll (bnroll), yet that's not what plays when I land, lol.

falcon409
May 8th, 2012, 03:50
Anyone?

Milton Shupe
May 8th, 2012, 05:24
Is it raining, really hard? :-)

LOL Kidding of course, but cannot imagine what may be causing this.

falcon409
May 8th, 2012, 10:25
Is it raining, really hard? :-)
LOL Kidding of course, but cannot imagine what may be causing this.
lol, good one Milton, lol. Yea, I first assumed that the default touchdown sounds had somehow disappeared or been deleted, but that wasn't the case, so I don't know how or why a different sound file would be called. very strange indeed.

Mr.Mugel
May 8th, 2012, 12:02
Does this occur to you on every airport? I have it sometimes on airports with water close by, as some days ago at 2B2...

Any new addons that might have messed some links up somewhere?

napamule
May 8th, 2012, 12:03
Tired of not hearing wheel touchdown sound? Try this:

[LEFT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=chirp //cmtouch1, cmtouch2, cmtouch3
[RIGHT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=chirp //cmtouch4, cmtouch5, cmtouch6
[CENTER_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=chirp //cmtouch7, cmtouch8

A lot of airplanes, both in FS9 and FSX, do not have much of sound at touchdown. This 'chirp.wav' sound is about the only thing we (simmers) can 'apply'. It seems like the model itself might (not sure) dictate how much noise you hear (ie: DC3). The above is from C-172 (in FSX) which did not have much of sound at TD. I hope this helps you out, as I could not find any other sound that would 'work'.
Chuck B
Napamule

falcon409
May 8th, 2012, 14:26
Does this occur to you on every airport? I have it sometimes on airports with water close by, as some days ago at 2B2...
Any new addons that might have messed some links up somewhere?
This occurs with any airplane at any airport.