PDA

View Full Version : Arnie Schreder ex-Buffalo Airways Chief Pilot RIP

kilo delta
May 7th, 2012, 10:09
Taken from Buffalo's Facebook page..

We were very saddened to hear of the passing on May 4th of Buffalo Airways’ former chief pilot Arnie Schreder. Arnie was a key subject in our documentary series, Ice Pilots NWT and one of our viewers’ favourite pilots over three seasons of the show.

“Before we started shooting the series, Arnie was the first to warmly welcome us”, says series producer David Gullason. “He showed us around and invited me on a check-out ride for a new pilot on the C46. He was always warm, friendly and generous with everyone.”

Arnie trained hundreds of pilots at Buffalo over the years and took each one under his wing. He understood how scared they were going from flying small, single engine aircraft to giant warplanes. It was under his calm guidance that Buffalo turned out some of the best pilots in the business; many now fly for major airlines around the world.

Arnie retired in 2010 from Buffalo but returned to fly one last job, stunt flying a DC4 for a two-hour documentary that recreated World War Two’s daring dambusters raid. To no one’s surprise, Arnie was able to expertly bomb a specially built dam just as RAF aces did over 60 years ago.

We extend our deep condolences to Arnie’s spouse Janet, daughters Yvette and Kaitlyn and the rest of his family.

RIP Arnie.

SSI01
May 7th, 2012, 10:20
To quote Ernest K. Gann - "Wings forever folded.":salute:

mike_cyul
May 7th, 2012, 13:39
Sad to hear. Great career, great family, great friends: what more could you ask for? RIP

Mike

Cag40Navy
May 7th, 2012, 15:23
God bless and ill send my drink out west.

Lionheart
May 7th, 2012, 21:45
May his soul rest in peace. My humble condolences to his family...

:engel016: