PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane tankbuster skins

Morton
December 25th, 2008, 11:35
Four skins for the AH MKIIC tankbuster flown on the east front accompanied by an alternative Hurri-panel.

Happy Holidays!
Morton :ernae:

Shessi
December 25th, 2008, 12:18
Real beauties Morton, superb as ever.

Many thanks for the christmas present-ski's!! :costumes:...:applause:

:ernae: Shessi

xavierb
December 25th, 2008, 12:34
Superb! Keep up the great work! :ernae: :wavey:

AGAS 5
December 25th, 2008, 12:50
Hi Morton - they're beauties mate !! and the panel look great. Didn't realise you did them as well :jump:

Pete

dsawan
December 25th, 2008, 21:14
Thanks, Morton love these. Any chance on doing the d version? Not sure if AH one or not but i would think they would make the plane look good as we dont have a recent version out yet.

Jagdflieger
December 26th, 2008, 10:27
Looks like Number 96 will go right into my Ostfront winter installation.

Morton
December 26th, 2008, 13:55
That was the idea Jagdflieger :wavey:
It's been a while since we "met" and made our first posts over at the Netwings place. And nice to think of the empty year full of possibilities that lies in front of us.

Morton :ernae:

JapLance
December 26th, 2008, 21:38
Wow, they look... so real :applause:

Thanks, Morton love these. Any chance on doing the d version? Not sure if AH one or not but i would think they would make the plane look good as we dont have a recent version out yet.

One question, though. I thought the Hurricanes with the 40mm gun pods were the Mk.IID versions. Did the russians maybe locally change their IIC from 4x20mm to two bigger cannons?.

Rami
December 27th, 2008, 03:39

If you download Pombee's Soviet Hurricanes modification, I think there is a "d" model in there.

Morton,

The skins are incredible, thanks! I love the panel, too!

Jagdflieger
December 27th, 2008, 10:40
With all the snow on the ground here in the Puget Sound area, I thought that I'd warm up on the "Ostfront" with the Mk IIC Tank Buster.

hewman100
December 29th, 2008, 02:55
MkIID was the 40mm armed version, it's just in the AH pack the IIC model was used with them added and the name unchanged.

The wing panels are similar and this wing was eventually further developed into the 'Universal' Hurri wing to which all armament fits could be installed. These were fitted to the MkIV, which also featured increased armour, particularly around the radiator.

They're great skins morton. I've only come across one of them before.

PomBee
December 29th, 2008, 04:39
[quote=Rami;68783]If you download Pombee's Soviet Hurricanes modification, I think there is a "d" model in there.

Yes. There is a IId skin in my Soviet Hurris pack, but it's nowhere near as nice as these (Sob!!). It's based on Thicko's excellent Hurricane MkIId. The plane did its best with the material supplied by me.
As an aside, I know that AH didn't do a MkIV as part of the pack, but perhaps a conversion is a possibility? I might have a go myself.

PomBee:ernae:

miamieagle
December 30th, 2008, 06:29
Thank you Morton!

PSULLYKEYS
December 30th, 2008, 07:51
Super skins Morton. Thanks.