PDA

View Full Version : FSD Commander

gajit
December 25th, 2008, 04:35
.... is a disgrace. I thought I would give myself something different to fly on Xmas day and had an install prob and also found that the VC is terrible, preset view is wrongly placed and the wing tips are not smooth.

Edit - Also strobe lights dont work from VC switch.

And there prop texture appears to have something missing.

And the peddals are crossed - left foot is always for left rudder.

Shame on you FSD - I expect better from you guys considering how good your other products have been.

Thoe6969
December 25th, 2008, 06:19
Yep I did the same thing,I,m disapointed with the vc also,very low detail,not sharp,but it,s hard on frames on my system,Alphas T34 is better detailed and gets good frames.I dont get it.

gajit
December 25th, 2008, 06:27
Agreed Thoe - Alphasim are now in a new league whilst other producers are letting standards slip. My FPS is hardly creping above 10 at best compared to 30 with most other products.

I have also discovered that I I cannot switch on the nav boxes and GPS from the VC - had to go to the 2D pop up. Very dissapointing for what is supposed to be a new FSX product.

I hate to keep flying it as who knows what else we can find.

Nick C
December 25th, 2008, 06:29
I'm not keen on the textures of the VC, but have been able to turn on the nav boxes and GPS with no problems at all.

gajit
December 25th, 2008, 06:43
Now having trouble with vc night lighting.

I give up - im saying no more as I am in a really good mood on Xmas day.

Off to have a drink and fly the gladiator after getting rid of the mother in law:costumes:

Thoe6969
December 25th, 2008, 07:09
Now having trouble with vc night lighting.

I give up - im saying no more as I am in a really good mood on Xmas day.

Off to have a drink and fly the gladiator after getting rid of the mother in law:costumes:Yep Christmas,we have to stay happy,I just got done with a flight in Piglets new 200D.Nice little plane.

MisterKleen
December 25th, 2008, 08:27
I agree with all of these issues. Was looking forward to FSD doing Full FSX SP2 Compatible aircraft but this effort is not the quality of any of their previous work.

thunder100
December 25th, 2008, 08:51
Hello

I disagree

I own many FSD ,F1,DF,Eaglesoft,Carenado products

On my FSX setup it is not bad better then the F1 112 not as good as Carenado but OK(Windows XP,Nvidia8800GTX)

And you always if you system is strong enough can increase VC resolution (950-->2048)

Godspeed

Thunder100

pbearsailor
December 25th, 2008, 08:53
I did my rant in the release thread, so I'll not repeat it here.

First time I've deleted a payware plane the day after I bought it, though.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Jim Goldman
December 25th, 2008, 09:47
Guys:

I am sorry you are having issues with the C115, but have you taken a time to read the POH? Also the Radio knobs as well as other work in a combination of right and left mouse clicks.

Please post your observations at our site and I will see what we can do to address all issues with an update.

Best

Jim

n4gix
December 25th, 2008, 10:07
Even 45 million dollar new aircraft soon have a lengthy list of "squawks" during the first few weeks after their delivery...

...so why expect a sub-fifty dolllar simulator aircraft to be completely free of teething issues? :icon_lol:

From years of experience I've learned that -after having worked on any given project for a long time- it becomes increasingly difficult to notice things that to "fresh eyes" are immediately obvious (such as cross-linked rudder pedals)... :isadizzy:

...other reported issues, such as ADF tuning for example, may well turn out to be cockpit error, typically caused by a failure to read and/or follow the operating manual, or they might actually be mousepoint problems. :redf::

Give the nice folks at FSD sufficient time to identify and fix any real problems... I'm certain they'd appreciate that consideration. :ernae:

Rimshot
December 25th, 2008, 10:47
Well said Bill :applause:

gajit
December 25th, 2008, 11:07
Hi Jim

Can you fix the model around the doors please as they are not flush.

Jim Goldman
December 26th, 2008, 07:32
The door issue.. they are flush the problem is the way the polygons handle shading.. I am looking into this.

Best

Jim

gajit
December 26th, 2008, 09:06
TX Jim

Lionheart
December 26th, 2008, 11:41
Hi Jim

Can you fix the model around the doors please as they are not flush.

As a modellor, door issues are hurrendously difficult. Sometimes they smooth perfectly after being cut, sometimes because of their locations, they will just not sit right as a blending surface with the fuselage.

Also, most aircraft cuts, at certain angles with light shading just right, can make them look horrible. That can be the conditions of the sim, lighting, etc, not so much the model.

I get so many complaints on my planes because of my Strobes. :d I use that circuit for other things, so I wire in my strobes to the nav lights. People really hate that. I may stop doing it because of the complaints, but its the way I make my birds. (I like being able to turn on the dome light with a simple keyboard key stroke. Strobes have 'O' (oh) key, so I used that circuit to have a seperate dome light, then instrumentation on the Nav circuit. Works great till some people freak because they turn on strobes and get a dome light instead. :kilroy: ).

Bill

N2056
December 26th, 2008, 12:07
I am certain that many things will be looked at concerning the Commander, but please have a bit of patience as some members are taking time off as it is the Holiday season...I'm sure Jim has something in mind.

It really would be helpful to us if you could please contact us through our support forum about your problems.
http://www.fsd-international.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=1

pbearsailor
December 26th, 2008, 12:45
I am certain that many things will be looked at concerning the Commander, but please have a bit of patience as some members are taking time off as it is the Holiday season...I'm sure Jim has something in mind.

It really would be helpful to us if you could please contact us through our support forum about your problems.

I'm trying to be sympathetic on this one, but I was just shocked when I loaded it up and saw so many operational issues, Robert. Then I see some posts from guys involved in the project with the usual "read the manual" stuff. Ok, I had already tried that, but the airplane manual shows links to the radio manuals that are dead. I've tried left click, right click, different mouse points, mouse wheel and I'm out of ideas and patience. When I get in a plane and try tuning the ADF and watch the #2 comm change frequencies at the same time, cannot get the autopilot to track a heading bug, watch the flight director v bars flying all over the attitude indicator, and then make FSX CTD when I try to end a flight, well. . . .I dunno. I understand a few minor issues, but this one seems so far away from being useable I've got no desire to register at another forum, wait for an activation, and then spend hours of my time helping to fix something that shouldn't have been released too early to get our before Christmas.

Like most of us, I've got a limited amount of time to enjoy flying FSX. Why not fly something that works properly?

Most of my posts are positive ones and I hate to be negative, but this plane and another I recently purchased have been a waste of around $70 USD to me. Nobody makes me buy anything, so it's my fault and I'll admit that, but in the future, I'm going to be much more selective about the developers I do business with. Again, sorry for the negative post.

cheers,

Jim Goldman
December 26th, 2008, 12:46
Wing tip roundness and wierd under wing shading corrected, I and Robert will be working together to see what we can do about door shading.

In the mean time before we get chastized please read the documents included.... some of the knobs and switches work with a combination of left and right mouse clicks. Instrument lighting is controlled by two knobs at lower right and left of pilot yoke.

Flood lighting switch is also located under the pilot yoke along the row of switches.

Best

Jim

IanP
December 26th, 2008, 12:54
I get so many complaints on my planes because of my Strobes. :d I use that circuit for other things, so I wire in my strobes to the nav lights. People really hate that. I may stop doing it because of the complaints, but its the way I make my birds. (I like being able to turn on the dome light with a simple keyboard key stroke. Strobes have 'O' (oh) key, so I used that circuit to have a seperate dome light, then instrumentation on the Nav circuit. Works great till some people freak because they turn on strobes and get a dome light instead. :kilroy: ).

Bill

Sorry for the slight hijack, but if, for instance, someone is using FSPassengers, setting up the lights the way you do makes the aircraft very difficult to operate... You'll lose points for every flight if you have the dome light on when you are on the stand (operating the strobes on the apron) and if you don't have the done light on when you take off, you'll lose points for taking off without strobes. ;)

Obviously, that can be worked around by using the lights as you have set them up, but I can see why some people might not appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ian P.

thunder100
December 26th, 2008, 14:30
As a modellor, door issues are hurrendously difficult. Sometimes they smooth perfectly after being cut, sometimes because of their locations, they will just not sit right as a blending surface with the fuselage.

Also, most aircraft cuts, at certain angles with light shading just right, can make them look horrible. That can be the conditions of the sim, lighting, etc, not so much the model.

Bill

Dear Bill

Dont do that.I cannot see why I want to shift nav lights indipendantely

If you go to more complex lights pls remember there are just 18 lights with 10 sources(Nav,etc)

So we ran out of lights in the Starliner project as we need 4 lights for each engines flames and annother 4 for the(independant) fuel dump

So if you can make it work with less lights-->always better

Roland

aka

Thunder100 Starliner Team

Lionheart
December 26th, 2008, 18:15
Hey guys,

Dang.. Well, thats good to know. See, my strobes issue just gets worse adn worse, lol.. arrghhh.. :kilroy:

I'll curve that one on the new Kodiak.

Bill

gajit
December 26th, 2008, 19:26
I'm . .I dunno. I understand a few minor issues, but this one seems so far away from being useable I've got no desire to register at another forum, wait for an activation, and then spend hours of my time helping to fix something that shouldn't have been released too early to get our before Christmas.

Like most of us, I've got a limited amount of time to enjoy flying FSX. Why not fly something that works properly?

Most of my posts are positive ones and I hate to be negative, but this plane and another I recently purchased have been a waste of around $70 USD to me. Nobody makes me buy anything, so it's my fault and I'll admit that, but in the future, I'm going to be much more selective about the developers I do business with. Again, sorry for the negative post.

cheers,

I agree Steve.

I am so disappointed with this one but having been a fan of FSD for years I have in fact held back on a lot of subjective (may be non constructive)critisium i could make, and resisting from biting back at some of the explanations offered.

I respect Jim for his prompt promise to resolve some of the irritating issues that have been brought to his attention.

hey_moe
December 27th, 2008, 03:43
Yea but Bill we all wuv's picking on you :costumes: One of the things that I found out was if any of you guys brought the RealFlight F6F Hellcat, RealFlight went through FDS for the setup and download. Bad thing about it is now FDS got your email and now you get there spam crap.The email they send you doesn't give you the opition of stopping there sales crap:banghead: I don't wanna tell ya what I think of FSD because we aren't allowed to post that kind of lanuage in these forums.

Bill

expat
December 27th, 2008, 06:31
I am intending on buying an FSD product for the first time when they release their Lockheed Jetstar. I am watching carefully how the 'after sales customer care' issue plays out with the Commander. Hope this also does not delay further the release of the Jetstar.

gajit
December 27th, 2008, 07:12
I am intending on buying an FSD product for the first time when they release their Lockheed Jetstar. I am watching carefully how the 'after sales customer care' issue plays out with the Commander. Hope this also does not delay further the release of the Jetstar.

Hi Expat.

I have to say that in fairness I have been delighted with all their other products for FS9 and they tend to be responsive.

Im definately going to buy the Jetstar and the MU2 as I still have faith in them - its just the Commander that is a bit lacking.

Bandit
December 27th, 2008, 09:49

What a load of BS :bs:, this still doesn't justify the fact that it was rushed out the door for Christmas (ring a bell anyone?), "Hurry push it out the door so we can get money! We'll worry about the bugs later", makes me sick how some of these developers think sometimes! If I did that at my job I would be canned in no time, and don't harp on how hard it is to model, Im in the graphic and animation business so don't try to school me.
Same thing is happening all over the gaming industry, look at the newly released GTA IV for PC, what a flop that is, just horrible. Most of this is due to the fact that the game and many others are ported over from xbox 360, thus yielding pretty bad results around the industry as care as compatibility with various pc systems. Then the patch trail begins!

I have many FSD products and love them all, so don't sit here and say it wasn't rushed, and if it wasn't rushed you need more experienced model/gauge personal because this bird is surely not up to par with the FSD reputation!

N2056
December 27th, 2008, 15:56
"I have many FSD products and love them all, so don't sit here and say it wasn't rushed, and if it wasn't rushed you need more experienced model/gauge personal because this bird is surely not up to par with the FSD reputation!"

I never said anything about whether it was rushed or not. I had very little to do with that project until now. There was no BS in my post that you quoted. I stated exactly what I knew at the time.

boxcar
December 28th, 2008, 00:53
What a load of BS, this still doesn't justify the fact that it was rushed out the door for Christmas (ring a bell anyone?), "Hurry push it out the door
so we can get money! We'll worry about the bugs later", makes me sick how some of these developers think sometimes!
~Whew~ Good riddance, imo. Good call, admin, banning the undisciplined guy.

Chaps my gluteous maximi to read stuff like that, knowing full well that the updated Commander was anything but rushed. Release was 3
weeks after a publically disclosed estimate a week beforehand gave December 3rd as the likely release date. Elusive bugs were chased.

Am wholeheartedly agreeing with Bill & Robert: give FSD a chance as well as a proper accordance of dignity in allowing them to work things out
& take the abnormalities experienced into their Support Forum. Surely they have earned this much respect over the years of great FS add-on aircraft.

Am owning each & every plane they've put out, only exception being the military version of the '337 (the O2A) &, for one, am going to state unequivocally
that FSD does it right. They will support your concerns in their Support Forum. My problems were... & you would do well to consider doing the same, imo.
Am willing to wager that the new Commander will end up another FS classic.

Lionheart
December 28th, 2008, 01:34
Am willing to wager that the new Commander will end up another FS classic.

Boxcar

I totally agree.

Bill

IanHenry
December 28th, 2008, 07:13
I agree with Boxcar. All previous FSD aircraft have been great. Ok there are a few problems with the Commander but I’m sure that they will be rectified in time, just give those guys a break instead of what is beginning to look like a witch-hunt (a public one too).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Any misdemeanours that FSD may be guilty off pale into insignificance in comparison to those committed by other pay-ware manufacturer’s i.e.<o:p></o:p>
Alphasim selling there pack3 F4 Phantom as FS9 & FSX (before FSX was released)<o:p></o:p>
Cloud9 promising a free FSX upgrade to their F4 Phantom & Dreamfleet selling their Dakota as being compatible with32-bt Vista when for a large number of users (judging by comments on their form) it is not.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 28th, 2008, 09:18
"Dreamfleet selling their Dakota as being compatible with32-bt Vista when for a large number of users (judging by comments on their form) it is not."

That should read 64 bit , and the RXP Garmin is the problem , not my work. CJ

Also , after having watched with some horror the Witchhunt that follows the mere use of the letters "FSD"
by members and even staff ( who later edit ) i kind of wonder whats in store for the Navajo , i have absolutely no intention
of seeing many months of work flamed because of peoples passion for bonfires... i would just as soon keep it as my own, i have not forgotten
the Hellcat release , in fact i kept a copy of a few of the choicer posts from the staff & members before edit as i could not believe my eyes at the time.
Personally i need it like a second Ahole and don't plan on giving anybody the pleasure if the best i can expect is what i see going on here.

This is probably as close as anybody is going to get to one hell of a fine model

IanHenry
December 28th, 2008, 10:25
Chuck,
Thank you for your observations, however the problem with the Dreamfleet Dakota is not confined to 64-bit <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place> but also the 32-bit version (as is my own)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
There have been several posts from 32-bit users who suffer CTD when using the Dakota. The company released a beta patch to try to solve the problem but that only worked partially, occasionally I can get to fly the aircraft for a short period, which is a pity because it really is a nice airplane to fly.
Yes I appreciate that the problem is with the Garmin or Reality XP gauges and as I say the Dakota has the potential to be one, if not the best GA aircraft available for FSX if I could gat the thing to run reliably.
Responses on the Dreamfleet forum are not very helpful, one even suggested that the aircraft was only designed for FS9, so what can you expect. When I bought it I bought the FSX version and unusually for a ‘port over’ it does work in DX10 mode!
Since the release of the beta patch Dreamfleet do not appear to be showing any interest in rectifying this problem or releasing the promised Dakota Turbo upgrade.
My point in all this is that I am confident that FSD will remedy any problems with the Commander unlike what I have come to expect from some other manufacturers.
Regards,
Ian

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 28th, 2008, 11:08
1 out of one hundred Vista 32 bit installs went south , about normal .. and that is a fully FSX aircraft , i should know i did the work ,
as regards the Dakota Turbo , thats more private stock as it stands ,, works fine on my machine ( vista 32 ).. long story behind that one

gajit
December 28th, 2008, 11:33
Witchhunt???????? All I and others have done is point out facts about the product - the same way others do about other producers on 100s of topics before this. I have no axe to grind and have pointed out that i am just diappointed that this product was not as excellent as other FSD aircraft and it is worrying that they thought that this would satisfy FSX users.

I assume everyone defending them has actually bought or has the product by other means? If yes then fine. If no then you are not really in a position to comment.

All i want is a good product that looks good and works for my money. Too much to ask????????

pbearsailor
December 28th, 2008, 11:49
I'm afraid I don't care much for the "witchhunt" branding either.

I posted my displeasure at it in the release thread. I was specific. I was more specific on the FSD forums. I spent $30 on something that is unusable.
I have every right to express my opinion about this plane without needing to worry about hurt feelings. What I've gotten so far are some condescending posts about my ability reading manuals.

I'm trying and will continue to try to give FSD the opportunity to make it right, but I've never felt more ripped off by a payware product. Not a witchhunt, just my honest opinion.

steve

IanHenry
December 28th, 2008, 11:52
Chuck,
I would dearly like to know how you got the Dakota to work on your <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place> 32 machine, because it has frustrated me for so long. I was even thinking of buying the FSD radio stack when it is released to replace the Garmin one that comes with the Dakota.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian

Boomer
December 28th, 2008, 12:57
I just went to purchase the Commander & was unable to do so. I get an error when going to checkout that I either dont have cookies enabled (I do) or that I come to that page from a old link ( I didnt).

Any help here?

Personally I find all this bashing unwarranted. FSD has always made fine products & am am willing to bet (with my dollars) that they will make this one right as well.

Lionheart
December 28th, 2008, 15:55
Personally I find all this bashing unwarranted. FSD has always made fine products & am am willing to bet (with my dollars) that they will make this one right as well.

I agree.. Rubbing it in their face will only make things worse. Bringing up faults and issues like gentlemen will help them 'mentally' to get things right faster and more orderly. Telling them to remodel their doors and wingtips is like telling an artist to use a different paint brush or change his technique...

Chuck,

That twin is looking mighty nice. I'll have to make room in my hanger for that one...

Bill

gajit
December 28th, 2008, 22:34
I agree.. Rubbing it in their face will only make things worse. Bringing up faults and issues like gentlemen will help them 'mentally' to get things right faster and more orderly. Telling them to remodel their doors and wingtips is like telling an artist to use a different paint brush or change his technique...

Bill

Im sorrybut the wings and doors just are not shaped correctly and ruin the shape of what should be a striking aircraft. I remember when Alphasim let their Sabre go with a square looking intake there were complaints - this is as bad.

If you bought an airfix kit and found that they had modelled it wrong you would not be happy - same applies here.

Now i dont care what anyone else posts after me now - I wont respond now so that this thread can drop out of sight quicker,

FelixFFDS
December 29th, 2008, 08:36
The worst part about the Commander is that there is no freakin' XLS version!

:(

<snork>

N2056
December 29th, 2008, 08:45
The worst part about the Commander is that there is no freakin' XLS version!

:(

<snork>

Argh! I'm sure something can be done...;)
</snork>

Lionheart
December 29th, 2008, 09:38
Felix...

I am sure you could fit a nice cooler in the back that could hold at least 6 of your favorite pop-top beverages.

Think of it as a 'modified' updated XLS model... :d

:ernae:

(For those that dont know.. Felix runs FreeFlightDesign.com and Roberts Pietenpol was a huge project for us to see come together there.. The XLS Pietenpol had a unique, exotic, lavish 'beer cooler' mounted in front of the passengers panel, making the aircraft a true 'sport' plane. ;) That is the term 'XLS' )......

Bill

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 29th, 2008, 11:07
This is the latest Custom bird in Felix's hanger from the XLS line , in this case an FFDS cooler filled with Grolsch was released not long after the SR 22 G2-G3 when he complained of the omission .. Felix has a great deal of clout in the industry .

doublecool
December 29th, 2008, 14:45
"Dreamfleet selling their Dakota as being compatible with32-bt Vista when for a large number of users (judging by comments on their form) it is not."

That should read 64 bit , and the RXP Garmin is the problem , not my work. CJ

Also , after having watched with some horror the Witchhunt that follows the mere use of the letters "FSD"
by members and even staff ( who later edit ) i kind of wonder whats in store for the Navajo , i have absolutely no intention
of seeing many months of work flamed because of peoples passion for bonfires... i would just as soon keep it as my own, i have not forgotten
the Hellcat release , in fact i kept a copy of a few of the choicer posts from the staff & members before edit as i could not believe my eyes at the time.
Personally i need it like a second Ahole and don't plan on giving anybody the pleasure if the best i can expect is what i see going on here.

This is probably as close as anybody is going to get to one hell of a fine model

CHUCK Please we need all FSD planes and the Navajo is one of my all time favorites (Cessna 337 and O2 also) and she's lookin Super

Boomer
December 29th, 2008, 15:49
I guess FSD pulled the Commander. Their site will allow me to purchase any aircraft but the Commander.

Damn shame....

CodyValkyrie
December 29th, 2008, 15:58
I guess FSD pulled the Commander. Their site will allow me to purchase any aircraft but the Commander.

Damn shame....
I see this as well. Just tested for the heck of it after seeing this. Could just be a simple glitch though.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 29th, 2008, 18:05
I asked Tim if its still on sale and he says it is , must be a a slowdown on the server .

boxcar
December 30th, 2008, 04:30
...RealFlight went through FDS for the setup and download....
You mean "FSD", perchance?

...Bad thing about it is now FDS got your email and now you get there spam crap...
Again, you mean FSD? Am really not knowing, so am asking.

I don't wanna tell ya what I think of FSD because we aren't allowed to post that kind of lanuage in these forums.
By saying such things you already have told us what you think about FSD.

A friend of mine once aptly imparted how inconvenient a thing principles are at times, though had/has no regrets of having them.
Have never, in my 55 years, ever once known anyone ever saying things such as in your third quoted snippet whom didn't
have something to hide. You got something to hide? You would be the first that didn't, in my many experiences.

This forum has many of the finest individuals & developers around, imo, though in principle:
a tree is only as good as it's fruit. They are the fruit; you are the tree. Am disrespecting
the way a FS forum adiminstrator mucks up a FS developer as you do here, "Moe".
No freedom of speech here though there is the freedom to apply principles & walk.

Ultimately, freedom is not the issue. Do not speak to me of freedom. Speak to me of Honor.

IanP
December 30th, 2008, 04:40
Well, speaking as someone who was told by one individual at FSD that the only reason their installer wouldn't work (for the C337) was because I had been pirating their software, I very definitely have a beef with them.

It was actually a driver clash. When I replaced my motherboard, the problem went away without me rebuilding Windows, but the refusal to help me at all did not go down well. Fortunately I was able to activate it before the installer failed (surely if I'd been a pirate, that would be where to block me?) and install after that in safe mode, so both the C337 and O-2A were working even before the motherboard change, without their help but with a lot of hassle.

On the other hand, I have also had some very good experiences with their support regarding the FSX compatibility update for the Navajo. Unfortunately, the bad experience makes me very, very wary at all of spending more money with them. Installer problems? I'll cope. I know how difficult these things are to solve and even had it not ultimately been resolvable, such is life. It was the "Not our problem. Go away." attitude that I didn't like.

Ian P.

jmig
December 30th, 2008, 05:33
Well, speaking as someone who was told by one individual at FSD that the only reason their installer wouldn't work (for the C337) was because I had been pirating their software, I very definitely have a beef with them.

It was actually a driver clash. When I replaced my motherboard, the problem went away without me rebuilding Windows, but the refusal to help me at all did not go down well. Fortunately I was able to activate it before the installer failed (surely if I'd been a pirate, that would be where to block me?) and install after that in safe mode, so both the C337 and O-2A were working even before the motherboard change, without their help but with a lot of hassle.

On the other hand, I have also had some very good experiences with their support regarding the FSX compatibility update for the Navajo. Unfortunately, the bad experience makes me very, very wary at all of spending more money with them. Installer problems? I'll cope. I know how difficult these things are to solve and even had it not ultimately been resolvable, such is life. It was the "Not our problem. Go away." attitude that I didn't like.

Ian P.

Ian, we all make mistakes. I remember a really big discussion at AVSIM about FSD and the issue you are referring to. I remember several people saying that they had the same experience.

I also recall someone from FSD posting that things had changed. He said they were working to improve the installer and customer support. I can't vouch for the validity of those statements. The only purchase I have ever made from FSD was the T-38. They just never had anything else that I wanted.

However, my point is FSD seems to be trying to improve its customer service and installer process. Maybe, we should give them another chance.

I have decided to do that with Alphasim. If I see an attitude change and better quality of product, I would be willing to purchase from them again.

FelixFFDS
December 30th, 2008, 15:31
My self-Christmas purchase is in my hangar ..... :)

so, 22 or 115, which do I take out?

decisions, decisions

Lionheart
December 30th, 2008, 16:42
Ive always loved the 115. There have been a few for sale at Ebay's aircraft section. (Thats real world Commanders). Awesome birds.. I like that tail with the mid mounted elevator.

Cool VC as well.

Bill