PDA

View Full Version : OT World Airpower Journals FREE to a good home

michael davies
April 29th, 2012, 10:31
FREE to a good home, large collection of World Airpower Journals, good condition, 41 soft back, 1 hard back collection.

New owner to collect, postage not an option, offer stands until Weds 24:00 then they're in the bin for the bin men Thurs.

Location, Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK.

PM me all those interested.

Best MD

mal998
April 29th, 2012, 10:58
Michael,
see my PM.

BR's,
mal998

DagR
April 29th, 2012, 11:12
I have them all, plus all the red ones and all International Air Power Review, great reference material :-)

Best
DagR

michael davies
April 29th, 2012, 11:13
Michael,
see my PM.

BR's,
mal998

Likewise :)

michael davies
April 29th, 2012, 11:16
I have them all, plus all the red ones and all International Air Power Review, great reference material :-)

Best
DagR

Yes they are very good, but they take up so much space and weight so much!, I've kept the red ones (Wings of Fame) as they tend to focus on the era that still has a glimmer of interest to me :).

I've not looked at or opened any of the WAP for years, so time to go I'm afraid.

Best MD

kilo delta
April 29th, 2012, 11:25
When I got married hundreds of my aviation (and car) mags ,dating from the mid 70's to 2000 were dumped.:kilroy:

These days I get my magazines in digital format.

michael davies
April 29th, 2012, 11:53
When I got married hundreds of my aviation (and car) mags ,dating from the mid 70's to 2000 were dumped.:kilroy:

These days I get my magazines in digital format.

LoL, well I'm not going to scan in 6700+ pages :). Once they're gone they're gone.

Best MD

Sundog
April 29th, 2012, 12:34
I have all of these except the last two of International Air Power Reivew (Volume 25 was my last). When I moved they never corrected my address, I'm guessing, even though I contacted them. I don't think one has been published for two years or so. I have all my IAPR HB (WAP in SC), but they skipped that on my issue on the B-45 (Volume 23) and I had to get that soft cover at the news stand.

Needless to say, they do take up a lot of space along with all of my Wings/Airpower, Air Internationals, Air "Whatever the quarterly was called," and a bunch of HB books. I can't wait to be able to get everything digitally. I really need to start buying all of the back issues of Wing/Airpower on DVD.

Also, like Michael, I definitely thought the Wings Of Fame series was the best. It's a shame it never really took off, no pun intended. The same goes for the three volumes that were on airlines and commercial aircraft/air travel, Flightpath. Those were really nice as well.

Good luck finding a nice home for the WAPs. BTW, for anyone wondering, International Air Power Review is what WAP became when they stopped "Wings of Fame" and combined the two, though it was more WAP, than WOF.

Naismith
April 29th, 2012, 16:49
Can I suggest, if there are no takers, rather than dump them in landfill, you call your local library. When we emigrated I got rid of tons of books that way. They were very grateful and even sent a wee man to collect them.

No Dice
April 29th, 2012, 17:10
Michael,
Please contact me:
I may be interested, dea14u@aol.com

Dave

No need for the moderator to edit my email, it is in all of my downloads