PDA

View Full Version : Ms Haley Update,,im totally confused now

Daveroo
April 24th, 2012, 07:32
ive reported here that i took ms haley to the vet,,they checked under the hood,checked all the fluid levels ( Haley wasnt aumused) and did some stuff behind closed doors i wasnt privy to,but my dad got to pay for...he's not aumused either,vet said..haley is up there in age,16,but healthy overall just cant see,,,used some "big words" i didnt write down and dont remember now,but said this condition comes on in cats very quickly,but as a cat,she will just adapt....all that said...

the temps have been up the past few days,,was 90 day before yesterday,83 in my yard yesterday...i had my rv open,screen door was closed and haley was at the door waiting for me when i came home after dinner last night,i looked at her eyes and they were "constricted?" little slits.....and she was moving her head as if she could see me....so i walked past the steps and her head followed,,walked back past the other direction and again her head followed....she was watching me...and ofcourse talking to me the entire time...

when i came in the house (rv) she obviously was able to see..i watched her and played with her for a good hour,she knew she was able to see ( if that makes sence) she was letting me know she was aware we played...i got out my light with the red light pointer thing,,,and no it doesnt not get pointed at her ever,,,but she chaced it around the floor and around the kitchen..was obvious she was having a good time...but she had,had enough and she got a drink of water and went to her "box"...its a cardboard box "flat" that water bottles come on...she lays in it on the floor and seems to enjoy it there more than in her fancey 30 dollar soft bed...then later as i went to bed..i was sitting on the throne reading about the bueafighters and i heard a thunk and i looked and she had walked head first into the door,and she had this look of confusion and bewilderment...

last night she yowled almost all night long..even while standing on top of me...

then this morning she seems to be completely blind again...walking into walls and doors,and after i got dressed and headed down the few steps to the lower level living area...she had to be underfoot,knocking me to the floor......look at my pic...im 429 pounds,that was not pretty,,,she was lucky to have escaped being crushed.....and it took me about 20 minutes to get up..im disabled and it was painfull,,i had to crawl to my desk and pull myself up on my chair....i normally wouldnt have told yall that part cause its kind of embarasing...but it was amusing to me,one because haley was safe,and two i didnt injure myself,and haley was all over me as i was trying to get to my chair.....headbutting me..trying to fight with me....which was making me laugh because she couldnt see...but she would lift her paw to strike at me...and swing at the air....lol...

sigh

SSI01
April 24th, 2012, 11:32
I know you're going to think I'm nuts, but what you're describing is sounding almost like senility. I think you said you Ms. Haley is 16 - what does that equate to in people terms? Does anyone know?

We had a long haired chihuahua from Hawaii who came back to CONUS with us, to Louisiana and finally to Virginia, where we had to put her down as she was losing control of her back end - but she would also stand and stare into a corner for the longest time, not moving but simply looking at the corner, there wasn't anything there for her to look at. I asked the vet and she said dogs can suffer from this condition as much as people. I'm wondering if cats can too. Maybe it can manifest itself in acting out certain unusual behavior, besides in just sitting quietly and wasting away.

BTW and slightly OT - but good idea about a contact system for SOH regulars in a medical jam. Right now all I can think of is a request to a spouse or significant other to post something for the member in the event the member can't - just make sure your spouse/SO knows how to access the site and post a msg.