PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell Commander is Released!

N2056
December 24th, 2008, 10:10
Jim, Tim & Steve have put together a winner, and it's on sale to boot! :applause:
Nice work guys, and Merry Christmas! :santahat:

Nick C
December 24th, 2008, 10:19
I thought I should add a little more info for those new to the world of FS ;)

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C115/vx.htm

N2056
December 24th, 2008, 10:21
Ooops :redf:
Thanks Nick! :d

Roger
December 24th, 2008, 10:49
I take it it is FsX native? Unfortunately they're using "compatible" which to followers of Phil Taylor's blog would mean an Fs9 mdl adapted for FsX Dx9.

n4gix
December 24th, 2008, 10:55
I take it it is FsX native? Unfortunately they're using "compatible" which to followers of Phil Taylor's blog would mean an Fs9 mdl adapted for FsX Dx9.

I thought this statment was rather clear:

"Completely new mode specially for Flight Simulator X SP2 - not ported from a previous version. Fully DX 10 compliant."

IanHenry
December 24th, 2008, 10:56
I've been looking forward to this one, unfortunatly I've spent my FS money on the Gladiator and Hellcat! Oh Well.

Ian

doublecool
December 24th, 2008, 13:35
I have all of these guys planes and they do great work,,,never a problem before and I have been waiting and saving money for this for a while but I don't like to have to turn my system security off and then send my system information to active a product "so they can under stand it". I have a lot of products and never a problem with activation. Good Luck?

Anneke
December 24th, 2008, 13:45
As one of the testers I can highly recommend this plane. It's very thoroughly tested and put through it's paces and I've never seen such a responsive and self critical bunch as the guys over at FSD's. Hat's off for the developers and the Commander! :wavey:

Marlin
December 24th, 2008, 13:57
Looks like a very sweet machine, thank for the heads up. :applause:

Nick C
December 24th, 2008, 14:16
Paid, downloaded, installed. Installed with AVG and windows firewall turned on with no problems.

My first impressions are that this is another lovely aircraft from FSD. It's very FPS friendly (only tried her with the steam gauges active), the sounds are superb and she handles beautifully in flight. However, she does suffer from blurred labels in the VC which isn't really good enough and lets the aircraft down a little, but if that's sorted in an update I'll be very content with this aircraft.

doublecool
December 24th, 2008, 14:26
She looks like another FSD Beauty, I love their work, I'm glade to here no one else is having any activation issue...:ernae:

pbearsailor
December 24th, 2008, 14:31
I guess I'm just getting old and cranky, but I'm just unhappy with this one. :banghead:

With the analog panel, there's a heading flag on the hsi all the time. Suppose that's a good thing, since the heading bug doesn't command the autopilot, except in a very general way. While it's turning, the V bars for the flight director take off and fly all over the attitude indicator. Thankfully the airplane doesn't follow.

There's no way to tune single digits on the ADF, so that means there's no way to use the ADF (well, unless your chosen frequency happens to end in a "4"). While you're trying to tune the ADF, the #2 comm is trying to change frequencies at the same time.

How this stuff gets released like this is just beyond me. I don't want to be a beta tester, unless I am a beta tester. When I spend good money on it, it should work and I shouldn't be in a postion of hoping for a fix or and update somewhere down the road.

Sorry for the rant on Christmas Eve.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Roger
December 24th, 2008, 15:32
I thought this statment was rather clear:

"Completely new mode specially for Flight Simulator X SP2 - not ported from a previous version. Fully DX 10 compliant."

I'll have to disagree with you Bill...been caught once before by a payware aircraft that was "compatible" and was an Fs9 mdl. I got my refund. Anyway seems this is the full monty so good luck to FSD with their FsX models.

Sean Doran
December 24th, 2008, 21:14
I love FSD aircraft, been looking forward to their next release. Well done fellas Ill be buying this baby on payday.:ernae:

warchild
December 24th, 2008, 22:38
I've always enjoyed FSD planes, and i love commanders. One question though if i may. Whats the Max rated N2 rpm on your engine for it???
yeahh of course it's a trick question. still curious.

gajit
December 24th, 2008, 23:36
Happy Christmas from the UK :friday: Im worried about buying this now for 2 reasons. 1. Will anyone be around to support if the process goes wrong. 2. I am yet again not convinced by the screenshots of the VC. There is a lack of close up views.

Can anyone post some new ones please?

doublecool
December 29th, 2008, 14:56
We got the activation issue fixed...

Thanks FSD:ernae: