PDA

View Full Version : ALS-SIM Su-27 visual model question

airattackimages
April 17th, 2012, 11:52
So I bought this thing specifically to be a bad guy ship in a movie I'm making in FSX. Its visually a sight for sore eyes, since obviously there is a lack of decent Soviet/Russian modern fighter jets.

Problem is apparently it does that whole thing where the visual model disappears when in the presence of a dissimilar aircraft's visual model. Am I assuming correctly, or am I having some kind of issue? If so, that quickly puts an end to using it to dogfight my other aircraft, and my entire reason for purchasing it.

I have registered on their forums to find out further but am awaiting activation, hence my asking the question here. Can someone here confirm if my fears are correct or not?

EDIT: Resolved.

Bone
April 17th, 2012, 12:12
Interesting. I've been mulling over getting it, but if there are FSrecorder playback issues, then I may pass. The VRS Superbug will playback fine if you're planning on flying the Superbug with it. But, if you want to play back the Superbug while flying another model, the Superbug plays back as an off-brand can of Spam. It's great if you like formation flying with an off-brand can of Spam, or two. Lol.

airattackimages
April 17th, 2012, 12:29
Yeah, I hate that about the Superbug as well, and initially that wasn't present when I originally purchased it. It came along in an update, and I've considered going back to v1 for flying with other aircraft, even if I have to give up the handful of improvements. I'm all for them protecting themselves from pirates, I buy all my aircraft, they should have to too. That being said, as a paying customer that shelled out my $50 bucks, it kind of irks me that I have to be limited by an anti piracy measure. I legitimately BOUGHT it, I don't feel I should have to be subjected to those cute little Easter eggs.

On the Flanker, discovered a thread buried in their forums that has a workaround... But I'll have to add a line of code to the panel of each aircraft I plan on flying the Flanker alongside. Not ideal, but at least Mark is providing a workaround. I'll have to try it tomorrow.

Jon@FSXACO
April 17th, 2012, 14:39
The VRS can of meat product is easy to fix.

Go into the ACM (Aircraft Configuration Manager) click on the preferences tab, and the bottom of the screen there is a external model option, but the dot in the multiplayer version, that will fix your can of spam, in FSrecoder, and when you fly in multiplayer. All of the repaints look the same, in the single and multiplayer, just some of the animation is removed to make it work in multiplayer.

I have the ALS Flanker as well, and I have not had a problem with it in FSrecorder, so I can't help ya there.

Jon Bailey

airattackimages
April 17th, 2012, 14:50

Go into the ACM (Aircraft Configuration Manager) click on the preferences tab, and the bottom of the screen there is a external model option, but the dot in the multiplayer version, that will fix your can of spam, in FSrecoder, and when you fly in multiplayer. All of the repaints look the same, in the single and multiplayer, just some of the animation is removed to make it work in multiplayer.

I have the ALS Flanker as well, and I have not had a problem with it in FSrecorder, so I can't help ya there.

Jon Bailey
Yeah I've used the multiplayer model before. But when I'm making a video where a Superhornet takes off or lands with only the inboard flaps extended, it looks pretty silly.

So your Flanker appears alongside other aircraft in FS Recorder no problem? According to Mark himself over on the ALS forum that shouldn't happen. Without doing the fix.

Bone
April 17th, 2012, 15:25

Jon Bailey

Thanks.

airattackimages
April 17th, 2012, 15:57
I had time to tinker today really quickly afterall. Performed the fix on the visual model issue. First one I've tried it on is of course my camera ship, and all worked well. Flanker showed up. Now I'm happy again.

...And assuming this works on all the aircraft I plan on flying it in the vicinity of, then I'll remain happy. :)

Visual evidence that it is working... here I am following my camera ship upstairs: http://youtu.be/7TjBXi70EzQ?hd=1 (1080 for clarity)

A couple of notable things that I really like about this aircraft is (1) it doesn't have the fancy new fangled sophisticated vapor effects that are being used nowdays. So, they show up, even when the aircraft is traffic (like in the video). (2), I really like the afterburner effect, that visually gives you a sense of the afterburners coughing and sputtering as they're actuated. Seems like a dirty Russian engine to me. :icon_lol: Also the hint of black exhaust (not clouds of thick smoke) whenever the throttle is jocked, again not uncommon or special, but glad it's there.