PDA

View Full Version : cannot install FS Global: please help!

gianlucabagatti
December 24th, 2008, 06:31
hi guys, I do not know if someone else here had that problem but I try the same having had until now no feedback in flight1 forums... (Ok, it is also Christmas time...)
after having succesfully installed and properly layered in my FSX+AccPack, Xclass World, UTX, FEX, SceneryTech, Enhanced Autogen and FALL Textures I thought I had reached the top, so only FS Global was missing!
Tried to install it and when being asked to use the "Scenery.cfg Tool" I got the message my Scenery.cfg file could not be modified due to a path error.
So I browsed it only to discover I did not work whatever path I choosed.
Moreover I found I had FSX folders containing a Scenery.cfg in two different places, one under "all users" and another one under "HP_Proprietario" both in documents and Settings and each of them containing a part of the different "areas" I can actually find in the FSX Library.
Is that normal? the fplder called FSGX was also installed outside the main FSX folder: does this play a role? Thks a lot in advance, hope someone colud help me in making it a bit clearer!

Butcherbird17
December 24th, 2008, 07:44
If you got fsglobal installed, just go into the scenery library of fsx and add it. You have to add each region.

Joe

gianlucabagatti
December 25th, 2008, 02:55
hi joe, so u mean I have to manually add FSG even if something like that never happened with other scenery add-ons....
but still my scenery.cfg remains the same or adding in the library also modifies that file? unfortunately I cannot try until sunday night....