PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten me if you can!

Worthless
April 13th, 2012, 19:21
Can someone with a lot more experience and knowledge than I possess concerning CFS2 explain a couple of things to me?

1.) Sometimes, not all and not even most, but some times in campaign and mission play upon return to the Player's home airfield and landing....once the AC comes to a stop....it's like the wheels are stuck in glue. The Player AC won't budge, no matter how much engine power is applied. All you can do is X out of the mission. This never occurs in FF or QC. In fact, I've never even seen it in my own missions. Does anyone know what causes this?

2.) While flying a mission from the "87 Days of Cactus" campaign, I noticed the infrastructure ship, "USS Mahan" configured differently than I'd ever seen before. While flying down low and abeam of her, I could see this object ship had it's guns pointing in various elevations and trained port and starboard as if it had been in a battle and had sustained damage. At the beginning of the mission, the USS Mahan appears in it's standard configuration, that is all guns level and trained fore and aft. After the air battle the ship's configuration had changed.
This is a very old campaign, 2001. I read all the readme files, but there was no mention of ships.
At the risk of screwing up the mission, once I had flown it I opened it up in MB to verify the ship was the Mahan.
Has anyone ever seen a stock ship change appearance in this manor? Do any other ships do this? I have never noticed any ship change physical appearance before. Sometimes a little oil slick maybe and some smoke and flame, but no structural change. I thought ships were all or nothing.....that is to say.....floating 100% A -1 in appearance or sinking and sunk, period.

Allen
April 13th, 2012, 19:33
2) I know that the Yorktown carrer has moving guns. When you fire at it the guns will aim towards you.

Robert John
April 14th, 2012, 00:12
Something to lookout for without crashing.

kdriver
April 14th, 2012, 00:29
If you download Usio's ships and his associated missions which put you onboard some of his ships, you'll see the moving guns and turrets in action from close quarters.

Worthless
April 14th, 2012, 06:53
Ok! Did a little research. This Sim just keeps on giving. I attacked with a 500lb bomb. Put it right on the bow and the Mahan went down like a stone. Got lots of smoke and flame, but all guns trained fore and aft, just like everyone was asleep. Then, I started all over and made a low level firing pass with just guns and check out the result this time. I've got to see if other stockers do this too.

The B24 Guy
April 14th, 2012, 14:38
CFS2 models can have 16 moveable guns.

Regards,
B24Guy

Worthless
April 14th, 2012, 17:05
CFS2 models can have 16 moveable guns.

Regards,
B24Guy

Thanks B24 Guy. That explains it. I wasn't seeing the same result with some of other ships, VN and JMK.

Shadow Wolf 07
April 14th, 2012, 17:25
Thanks B24 Guy. That explains it. I wasn't seeing the same result with some of other ships, VN and JMK.

JMK Yamato with guns training: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/Pechora07/cfs22009-09-1416-20-35-25.jpg

Each time when I flew over the ship, the guns followed me but I lost/deleted those screen shots.

Worthless
April 14th, 2012, 18:24
JMK Yamato with guns training: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/Pechora07/cfs22009-09-1416-20-35-25.jpg

Each time when I flew over the ship, the guns followed me but I lost/deleted those screen shots.

I just never got close enough to see what is happening aboard the ships. Thanks SW.