PDA

View Full Version : S2F-3 TRACKER Texture issue opinions wanted

Duckie
April 13th, 2012, 19:16
Want to get some opinions on which anti-glare configuration to use. Because of mapping limitations in the area in question, the left nacelle inboard auxillary intake (?) is mapped to a general texture color (white) along with dozens of other parts and pieces. Changing the mapping is not an option.

So, the black anti-glare surface for this area can be done one of two (?) ways. "B" is the more correct but the aux. intake stands out because it cannot be painted match. So, it can be done something like "A".

Which do you think is easier on the eye (or less distracting)? Please share your opinion - "A" or "B".

Thanks

63150 63151

Milton Shupe
April 13th, 2012, 19:29
I like option "C". That would be "A" extending the white all the way forward to the front of the cowling. :-)

t.creed
April 13th, 2012, 20:06
option A is my vote ...

rgds
t.creed

hawkeye52
April 13th, 2012, 20:14
I have found only two pix of Stoofs with anti-glare paint on the nacelle, and one was Italian. So it doesn't appear that A or B will be a huge issue. I agree that B is a distraction. So my vote is for Milton's C.

- H52

pfflyers
April 13th, 2012, 22:49
I vote for "A" or "C".

Keep 'em coming Duckie! I'm enjoying your repaints.

gribouil
April 13th, 2012, 23:03
I all agree with pfflyers!
Any choice will be the right one for me as long as your repaints are fantastic!!!

Maarten -
April 13th, 2012, 23:58
I agree with Milton's option C.

Thanks Steve for another great repaint coming up. :applause::applause:

Cheers,
Maarten

TARPSBird
April 14th, 2012, 00:19
I'll also go with "A" or "C". :)

nigel richards
April 14th, 2012, 00:57
First and foremost Steve, that's one heck of a job you're doing there with such an array of mouth-watering, outstanding textures.

Secondly, I'm in the mood for a little 'shopping therapy' today...
so I'll settle for the special offer - three, for the price of two!

And a well earned beer for the Man! :salute: :icon29:

Matt Wynn
April 14th, 2012, 01:42
from my standpoint.... A or C also :salute:

vonernsk
April 14th, 2012, 02:49
I think option 'C' as described by Milton, would be fine. Great work!

SSI01
April 14th, 2012, 04:11
I'll go with option "C" as well - no "jogs" in the glare shield boundary, just a nice straight line. It would be far enough down the cowl to do its job, stopping distracting reflection(s) properly, even in real life.

First-rate productions of yours at all times, Duckie - no matter what decision you make it will be fine in my book. Keep 'em coming!:salute:

Duckie
April 14th, 2012, 07:36
And the WINNER is .......

"C" !

Great response everybody. Thanks so much for sharing your opinions. All very constructive and very much appreciated too! I had a distinct feeling that if I floated it someone would offer suggestions of better ways to solve the problem. None other than the "Creator" has the winning entry! :icon_lol:

Thanks also for all of the kind and much appreciated remarks. And thanks again Milton for the suggestion. :applause: :applause:

Steve

gribouil
April 14th, 2012, 08:40
Hi Duckie,
just a question: is the nose gear door color normal (yellow)???

Duckie
April 14th, 2012, 09:07
Hi Duckie,
just a question: is the nose gear door color normal (yellow)???
Hey gribouil, yes, it matches the rudder which is the squadron ID color. Some had the NG door matching the rudder color and others did not. This particular aircraft did as does the VS-24 ship (red) I will put up later.

Maarten -
April 14th, 2012, 09:09
And the WINNER is .......

"C" !

Great response everybody. Thanks so much for sharing your opinions. All very constructive and very much appreciated too! I had a distinct feeling that if I floated it someone would offer suggestions of better ways to solve the problem. None other than the "Creator" has the winning entry! :icon_lol:

Thanks also for all of the kind and much appreciated remarks. And thanks again Milton for the suggestion. :applause: :applause:

Steve

I think the real winner is you, if I may say so. :applause::applause:

Cheers,
Maarten :guinness:

gribouil
April 14th, 2012, 09:49
Many thanks Duckie for your (very fast!) reply and for all the details you put in your repaints... thats what makes them so special!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Duckie
April 14th, 2012, 14:40
I think the real winner is you, if I may say so. :applause::applause:

Cheers,
Maarten :guinness:

Thank you Maarten, and I agree. I mean, how can you loose with all the skill, experience, and interest that resides on the SOH. And, when you call on that skill and experience for advice, and get the genuine responses exemplified by this thread, then absolutely I'm a winner because you guys make me one! So, right back at you, and all the great folks here at the SOH!

- S - :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: