PDA

View Full Version : Miles Hawk Speed Six No.8 prop replacement anyone?

kikas
April 13th, 2012, 10:59
Could some good person make prop replacement for Miles Hawk Speed Six No.8 by Mr. Keith Paine?

Blackbird686
April 13th, 2012, 14:10
I have found that if I want a different prop for a certain model, I will look at a different model in my library, that has a similar prop configuration (3 blade for a 3 blade.... etc) with a much more desired effect. This has worked many times before for me... like using the WoP FW-190D props on my trusty ol' Do-335 Arrow. I just have to look around until I find a prop that fits the model at hand.

My ability to construct a prop texture is pretty much zip... I know that there are plenty of prop texture replacements by Bob Rivera (Banana Bob), some may already be here in the SOH Library. So if no one steps up to do a custom prop for the plane you have in mind... you may want to have a go with that idea. Just sayin'.

BB686:USA-flag:

Dev One
April 13th, 2012, 23:50
Kikas: What is your problem with the prop please? Is it visibility?
Keith

kikas
April 14th, 2012, 02:07
Kikas: What is your problem with the prop please? Is it visibility?
Keith
It's not really a problem, but propeller seems like it's one bladed, its not a big deal, but if somebody know how to make it look more conventional i would be very happy.

By the way thanks for retractable Percival!

Dev One
April 14th, 2012, 04:36
Its purposely one bladed in the 'DGP8_prop_t.bmp' in the texture folder to get a 'sort of' reflective stroboscopic effect. It is also identical to all my other prop mappings for the Sparrowhawk & my Proctors. Its quite easy to modify - if you use DXTBmp program you can extract the picture & then modify it using Paint Shop Pro or similar.
HTH
Keith

PS Glad you like the Retractable Q6 - thanks.
K

SSI01
April 15th, 2012, 06:34
Interesting thread that has a bearing on something I've got in my sim - here's a screenie for illustrative purposes:

Anyone got a good idea about what to substitute for the main rotor?

Dev One
April 15th, 2012, 07:57
Hmmmmm. That looks as if its designed into the base Gmax or FSDS - it needs some transparency.
Keith

huub vink
April 17th, 2012, 09:18
SSI01, it seems you have lost the alphas on the rotor texture.

Huub