PDA

View Full Version : We shall see

Willy
April 12th, 2012, 15:28
I'm trying to reinstall my development tools on the new comp and have been having an issue with FS Panel Studio. After a lot of digging in back up files this afternoon, I finally found the original installer program and the key file. Only thing now it's asking for the last digits of the credit card I used to purchase it (haven't had that one in a few years) or a password that I darn sure don't have. I bought the program several years ago.

This should be interesting to see how helpful Flight 1 support really is.

modelr
April 12th, 2012, 16:10
I'm sure they'll come thru, Willey.

I hope your copy of FS Panel Designer works better than my Abacus Custom Panel Designer does.
I bought it when I had WIN XP, loaded it, and tried it. Worked fine. Next day, I upgraded to WIN 7, and It won't even install. Something about some system no longer used in WIN7 needed. And can't find that file anywhere. From what I can gather from Abacus, there is no update intended, so far. And no refund.

Willy
April 12th, 2012, 17:25
Never tried the Abacus program (I've stayed away from Abacus stuff since my CFS days). But I've been using the heck out FS Panel Studio.

aeronca1
April 12th, 2012, 17:54
Willy,

Go here to retrieve your password.

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder

Willy
April 12th, 2012, 21:43
Thanks, but it didn't give me any info on FS Panel Studio. Had a different email back when I got it.

Rich
April 12th, 2012, 22:19
Check your main C drive folder. when I made the original install it put a setup.exe there
for future installs of panel studio without all the hassle of going through flight 1 again, have you got a Setup.exe lurking there, it will be a circular icon with no clue other than being a setup.exe.

It takes clicking on it to get it to reveal what it is.

alastairmonk
April 12th, 2012, 22:41
Hi Willy,

Doing my best !

Hope you're able to retrieve everything you need.

Alastair
(part of the Flight One voluntary support team)

Rich
April 12th, 2012, 22:48
Willy, I just tried that recovery link above, if you are still using the same email address as the original orders were placed on it will email all order numbers and passwords for all orders made via that address.

I just got my 4 in less than a second.

Just to be clear the setup.exe is placed in the main C drive folder not program files.

Willy
April 13th, 2012, 13:14
Apparently it was ordered under my old ISP email address of a few years back. That one is dead as a doornail for a long while now. All I got under my current email was the stuff for Lionheart's Kodiak.

But I have managed to get a semi working install of FSPS going now. But I've run into another issue. It's looking for a file named cabarc.exe to dig into the .cab files for gauges that come in those. For those gauges, it's just displaying purple squares instead of the gauge. I'm starting to wonder if FSPS is compatible with XP 64 bit. I've found the cabarc file online, just unsure of where it should go for FSPS to find it. Right now it has the functionality of the old free Cfgedit program.

Alastair, thanks for your help so far. We're getting close.

Lionheart
April 14th, 2012, 11:01
Willy,

Jeff or Steve at F1 should be able to look up your name and account.

Jeff 'at' Flight1 =dot= com

Copy/paste a top clip of a panel (config) you did with it. That will have your signature of the FSPS you are using. Have Jeff or Steve update your email so you can get 'auto' keys again from the F1 customer service center.

Bill

alastairmonk
April 17th, 2012, 06:31
Hi Willy,

Things have suddenly gone quiet the last couple of days. Have you solved all the problems ?

Cheers,

Alastair

Willy
April 17th, 2012, 10:11
I've gotten busy with other stuff, but it's still looking for the cabarc.exe file. I've got one, just don't know where to put it so Panel Studio will find it.

Milton Shupe
April 17th, 2012, 10:31
I've gotten busy with other stuff, but it's still looking for the cabarc.exe file. I've got one, just don't know where to put it so Panel Studio will find it.

Willy,

My copy of that is in the C:\windows folder

Willy
April 17th, 2012, 13:05
Milton, thanks a ton! That did the trick!! Once the cabarc file was in the right place, FS Panel Studio worked like a champ again!

Microsoft must have left that file out for XP 64 bit.