PDA

View Full Version : fs9's Lockheed Vega...

racartron
April 11th, 2012, 03:03
...works just fine in fsX. I just posted this over in the fs9 forum.

Good news for all those dark side folks:applause: Garry's new project for the Vega prompted me to see how she would port over to fsX. The result was awesome!! Even the prop is useable as is. The only bit that acts up is when Garry adds extra windows to a few of the models. The result is a highly reflective glass set. Since there is no separate glass bmp, ya have to live with it. Not a bad price to pay for such a cool plane.

I did swap out the default sounds for Nigel's incredible new Avia 56 set and added Milton's massive start-up effect from his "Stoof" series. Talk about air pollution:icon_eek:

Now there is a Vegamite of historical note flying around, adding yet another great touch of realism to the orbX version of the "Land Down Under.":cowboy:

Daube
April 11th, 2012, 03:19
All of the FS9 default planes work perfectly in FSX. Some of them have been sitting in my FSX hangar since the beginning: the Vega, the C182, the Vimy, the TriMotor, the Comet (now native FSX), and the Jenny (now native FSX). I had transfered the C208 on floats, but this one really got old, graphically, so I removed it. The other ones, the historical classics, are still beautiful inside and out.

racartron
April 11th, 2012, 04:23
All of the FS9 default planes work perfectly in FSX. Some of them have been sitting in my FSX hangar since the beginning: the Vega, the C182, the Vimy, the TriMotor, the Comet (now native FSX), and the Jenny (now native FSX). I had transfered the C208 on floats, but this one really got old, graphically, so I removed it. The other ones, the historical classics, are still beautiful inside and out.

I'm finding that out. I just moved over to fsX in January, so have been busy with all the new stuff. It was Garry Smith's new Vega liveries that got me started with porting over the default fs9 Birds. I just loaded in his massive pile of liveries for the fs9 Tri-motor so am a happy camper at this point.
:applause:

Daube
April 11th, 2012, 05:18
Ah yes, I believe I have also downloaded a texture package for the Trimotor in the past. However, the FS9 planes that got the most hours in my FSX logbook are definitely the C182 and the Comet.