PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to port CFS1 aircraft to CFS2?

Allen
April 10th, 2012, 22:16
I plan to use a number of CFS1 aircraft for my cheaply made campaign. I don't want to run around finding aircraft that really wouldn't work as a AI aircraft with out work. I thought CFS1 aircraft work would fine with some paint and DP work but before I upload any thing I better make sure using them is fine.

bearcat241
April 11th, 2012, 01:16
Is it okay to port CFS1 aircraft to CFS2?

It's perfectly okay, but judging from the backgrounds in your pics, you' seem to have already answered that question (looks like CFS2 water). One good thing about the stock CFS1 flight dynamics envelopes is that they are less complicated than native CFS2/CFS3 types -- generally speaking -- and therefore make very good AI platforms, as well as player flight models. No tweaking necessary, just drop them into the hangar and fire them up. Be sure to check the panel.cfg's to make sure you port over their gauges too.

Allen
April 11th, 2012, 10:50
I know they can be ported but I don't want to get a nasty note from MS about it later you know? Right now I dumped the flight dynamics from all that I'm using but for the B-17. The Ki-51 and P-40 no flight dynamic just aircraft.cfg. Ki-61 is a modded A6M2 Zero flight dynamic with CFS1 BF109E engine and propeler data. Weight and fuel updated as well.

Damage profiles are CFS2s made to fit the CFS1 models. Boxes, Hardpoints adjusted and new guns if needed. They have the nice CFS2 effects and still have break way parts.

bearcat241
April 11th, 2012, 12:00
I know they can be ported but I don't want to get a nasty note from MS about it later you know?

Well, yeah, now that you put it that way...

I was thinking along the lines of compatibility and functionality and using them in a private venture. But i suppose that if you wanted to upload this campaign to public domain, some modifications would be in order, as you've already started. ;)