PDA

View Full Version : Rolls-Royce F405-RR-401 (Adour) sounds

andersel
April 9th, 2012, 19:46
I'm looking for advice/opinions on a possible alternative to the default sounds for the IRIS/DSB T-45C Goshawk. I don't know what is about them but they just don't seem "right" to me. I have search around but have not found anything that might be an afequate substitute so I thought I'd ask for some guidance here. Any help?

LA

viking3
April 9th, 2012, 20:36
I use the set that came with FS2002 Red Arrows Package. Look for Redpack.zip or more specificly Redpack5.zip which is just the sound files. Good Luck with your search.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

Here is the link for the info page: http://www.swiremariners.com/reds.html

andersel
April 9th, 2012, 21:20
Rob - as soon as I get to my desktop I'll grab up. Thanks!

LA

AndyG43
April 10th, 2012, 02:18
Some bloke who lives in Greece (mentioning no names *cough* Nigel *cough*) has promised us a nice new set at some point. :kilroy:

Matt Wynn
April 10th, 2012, 02:28
Some bloke who lives in Greece (mentioning no names *cough* Nigel *cough*) has promised us a nice new set at some point. :kilroy:

i remember that too.... Nigel, ο φίλος μου, πού είσαι;......

:icon_lol:

Blackbird686
April 10th, 2012, 07:18
I use the set that came with FS2002 Red Arrows Package. Look for Redpack.zip or more specificly Redpack5.zip which is just the sound files. Good Luck with your search.

Regards, Rob:ernae:

Here is the link for the info page: http://www.swiremariners.com/reds.html

Just had a go at that website... quite impressive. Is that a payware or freeware item... the Red Arrows Pack :ques:

BB686:USA-flag:

AndyG43
April 10th, 2012, 07:28
Just had a go at that website... quite impressive. Is that a payware or freeware item... the Red Arrows Pack :ques:

It is freeware. Been around, in one form or another, since at least FS2002 but with some update packs for FS9; you get the Reds, the Finnish Midnight Hawks, a RN team and the Saudi Hawks, well worth downloading the whole kit & kaboodle.

Blackbird686
April 10th, 2012, 08:59
Clicking on the "downloads" link results in one getting the dredded "Website cannot be displayed" error message....:icon34:

EDIT: I did find the Red Arrows Packs over at Flightsim, but not the upgrade to make it FS9 compatable, which is listed on the link provided in this thread.

andersel
April 10th, 2012, 10:59
Go to Simviation and search REDPACK in the FS2002 section. It's all there in separate download files.

LA

BTW - the sounds are great!

AndyG43
April 10th, 2012, 11:33
If you don't find what you need on SimV BB686 drop me a PM. I've got them all archived, but it is a pretty chunky file.

gribouil
April 10th, 2012, 12:00
Personally, I use the sound files from Dino Cattaneo's Goshawk (search for t45cv210.zip at avsim.com or flightsim.com) which have been recorded from a real T-45. I know these files are for FSX but they work in FS9 as well. :salute:

Blackbird686
April 11th, 2012, 07:28
If you don't find what you need on SimV BB686 drop me a PM. I've got them all archived, but it is a pretty chunky file.

Thanks Andy... :applause: Lemme dig around and if I come up short, I'll let you know.

andersel
April 12th, 2012, 15:03
Personally, I use the sound files from Dino Cattaneo's Goshawk (search for t45cv210.zip at avsim.com or flightsim.com) which have been recorded from a real T-45. I know these files are for FSX but they work in FS9 as well. :salute:

thanks for the H/U on this file. Both it and the REDPACK sounds are excellent sound sets. I'll probably enf up using them both!

LA

gribouil
April 13th, 2012, 07:13
You're welcome Andersel! :wavey:

Blackbird686
April 13th, 2012, 13:58
thanks for the H/U on this file. Both it and the REDPACK sounds are excellent sound sets. I'll probably enf up using them both!

LA

And then there were "two". Aside from it being a pairity from an album by "Genesis"... THAT MAKES TWO OF US! I'm also using the sounds from the IRIS Hawk Superpack... I think that the IRIS Sounds and the sounds from Dino Cattaneo's Goshawk are pretty close. The REDPACK sounds are also very nice. Thans for the H/U, gribouil. :guinness:

awj112
April 14th, 2012, 05:05

Ninja'd. This is the set I am using until Nigel comes through.