PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Jeff"

falcon409
April 9th, 2012, 11:46
Unfortunately I don't remember his user name, lol. I was going to e-mail him, but I lost all my contacts, etc in the last virus attack. grrrr. So, would the Jeff that asked me to take a look at doing St-Mathias Airfield in Quebec, Please stand up, lol. Thanks!!:wavey:

Meshman
April 9th, 2012, 12:05
jschall s/b the one.

jschall
April 9th, 2012, 13:09
Yup, that's me, all right.

schallenberg.jeff@gmail.com.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Ed's work on CSP5 Saint-Mathias. I hope he didn't lose his WIP...

Thanks for the shout, Ed.

falcon409
April 9th, 2012, 15:19
Yup, that's me, all right.

schallenberg.jeff@gmail.com.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Ed's work on CSP5 Saint-Mathias. I hope he didn't lose his WIP...

Thanks for the shout, Ed.
Yea, Hi Jeff. Nope, Luckily I was able to salvage most of the scenery folders as they were on a different drive outside of FSX and the file extensions in the scenery folders (bgl's) seemed to be immune to the encryption virus. One good thing that came from having to start over (again) with a fresh install of FSX was that the pesky "knoll" that the airport was sitting on is gone, lol. I still have a few things to get fixed in the scenery but I'm going to send it to you in a day or so and let you load it up to see if it works with your setup.

The pic was shot during a quick take-off from the airport and landing on the water. The road system you see near the water turned out to be too wide and there's no way to change the width in SBuilderX so I went with a dirt road effect that i'll post later on tonight. Basically I laid the photoimage down long enough to place the trees and houses in the correct positions, then removed it. The roads were done in SBuilderX using the original image as a template. Pretty cool because you can taxi out of the water between the docks and park along the edge of the water like they would normally do, or you can taxi up to the airport. I just need to add some people (which are really scarce as far as objects go) and a Barbeque grill.

falcon409
April 9th, 2012, 16:23
A few more. . . .closer though.

jschall
April 10th, 2012, 02:09
Outstanding, as usual!

Thank you so much, Ed. I'm looking forward to flying there.

falcon409
April 10th, 2012, 11:09
Outstanding, as usual!
Thank you so much, Ed. I'm looking forward to flying there.
Everything is zipped up and I'll be loading it into "Box.net" shortly so I can send you a download link. I made two test flights last night using the Flight1 PC-12 and the 441. Both approaches were over the water, landing over the parking ramp and I was able to stop both times well short of the end of rwy. Great fun really. I'd already done several water landings and taxied out of the water easily. Parked along the river once and taxied up the hill and across the street to the airport as well. :salute:

jschall
April 11th, 2012, 07:41
I got your package, Ed. Thanks again!

It looks great. All the bits seem to be there. These screenshots are in April with UTX Canada.

When you're satisfied it's complete, I'd like to offer your version of CSP5 Saint-Mathias to Les Concepteurs Virtuels du Québec (http://www.okad.ca/cvq/) as I did for your outstanding version of CSB3 Saint-Mathieu de Beloeil.

falcon409
April 11th, 2012, 09:38
Jeff, Yea, it appears that most everything is there. I use GEX and UTX, but I notice that the treeline along the highway in your shot is actually on the opposite side of the highway from mine, lol. I did go back and enlarge a lot of the trees I placed. After setting it to summer and looking at the size of the autogen trees in the area, I realized that the trees I placed across the highway from the airport were too small, making them look like saplings rather than the long-standing trees they actually are, so that has changed. I'd be interested to see a close-up of the hangars and parking ramp because there was a lot there and from a distance it's hard to tell if everything I placed is actually showing. At any rate, all I'll have to send you is a new St_Mathias.bgl file which is the instant scenery object file. You can just let the new one overwrite the old one.

Thanks for posting.:salute:

Stan V.
April 11th, 2012, 10:48
Jeff, Yea, it appears that most everything is there. I use GEX and UTX, but I notice that the treeline along the highway in your shot is actually on the opposite side of the highway from mine, lol. I did go back and enlarge a lot of the trees I placed. After setting it to summer and looking at the size of the autogen trees in the area, I realized that the trees I placed across the highway from the airport were too small, making them look like saplings rather than the long-standing trees they actually are, so that has changed. I'd be interested to see a close-up of the hangars and parking ramp because there was a lot there and from a distance it's hard to tell if everything I placed is actually showing. At any rate, all I'll have to send you is a new St_Mathias.bgl file which is the instant scenery object file. You can just let the new one overwrite the old one.

Thanks for posting.:salute:

Ed,

Is this (eventually) going to be uploaded for everyone to use or is it strictly a private deal?

falcon409
April 11th, 2012, 10:50
Here are detailed shots of what it looks like now Jeff. Maybe a better indicator of what I have placed against what you see in your version. I have autogen turned up pretty high as well as the density. The drawback to this scenery is that the trees are not seasonal, so the Spring and Summer would be the most desirable to fly. When you get into Fall and Winter (especially Winter) the trees will be just as they appear here.

jschall
April 11th, 2012, 12:23
Ed,

Is this (eventually) going to be uploaded for everyone to use or is it strictly a private deal?

As I suggested earlier, If Ed agrees, I will offer it to Les Concepteurs Virtuels du Québec.

Ed:
It's looking even better with the poplars moved to the other side of Highway 133 ("le Chemin des Patriotes")!

I didn't see the people with my settings.

One thing missing (which is easy to add with Airport Design Editor) is the water runway CSV9 (http://www.enotes.com/topic/Saint-Mathias_Water_Aerodrome). That would permit a flight to depart from there, and FSX flight plans to include it.

CG_1976
April 11th, 2012, 16:15
:salute:Concepteurs Virtuels du Québec, my favorite place for Air Inuit scenery and Gilles Gauthier's Arctic Landscapes.

falcon409
April 11th, 2012, 17:10
. . . . . .I didn't see the people with my settings.

One thing missing (which is easy to add with Airport Design Editor) is the water runway CSV9 (http://www.enotes.com/topic/Saint-Mathias_Water_Aerodrome). That would permit a flight to depart from there, and FSX flight plans to include it.
Glad you pointed out the people Jeff, they are conspicuously absent as far as scenery objects go up til now. The ones I used are from the Accel installation, so if you don't have that you won't see the people although down by the water ramp there are some animated figures that should show up as they are from the basic FSX object libraries. It's unfortunate that there aren't more scenery objects of people in every day poses rather than the "Runway" New York Fashion Show types that are available. Totally out of place in about 98% of the kinds of scenery most of us do. As for the water runway, I will add that, never actually thought much about it because I was landing and taking off from the water and forgetting that once released no one else would actually have that option. lol

I have a few more things to work out with the scenery, very minor really, but if it looks good to you then I'll package it up and release it and you are more than welcome to let Les Concepteurs Virtuels du Québec have a look.