PDA

View Full Version : ETO "Phoney War" campaign

gosd
April 9th, 2012, 10:21
Trying to run the ETO "Phoney War" campaign in any mode, shuts down everytime afther running for a few minutes the moment I try warping. How can I verify a campaign to see if anything is missing ?

Led Zeppelin
April 9th, 2012, 21:57
did you try in in no spawn mode? Of course, nothing will appear but it is to check if this come from a spawn or something else.

gosd
April 10th, 2012, 08:28
Tried:random spawn disable;the game still doesn't last long. Shuts down afther take off.

HouseHobbit
April 10th, 2012, 09:58
You need to set the spawn mode to the corresponding Mode for the campaign..

" Allied Side Phoney War Campaign"

OR

"Axis Side Phoney War Campaign"
Then it will fly..

Led Zeppelin
April 10th, 2012, 10:13
If it doesn't work in No Spawn Mode, I think it is solething else.

Are you in the correct era (1)?

HouseHobbit
April 10th, 2012, 11:10
l just flew a Phony War mission with the Stock spawns disabled..(1)
Free French in a H75??

Try different nationalities and spawns mode and see what happens..

For the Phoney war I always start ETO in (1) War in the West 40'
and then I load The Phony War campaign..

HouseHobbit
April 10th, 2012, 12:17
WOW!!
Daniel, I can fly British and Free French missions in the Phoney War but NOT German..

So we have a problem Houston..
No Idea at this time why the German missions in The Phoney War Campaign don't work..

gosd
April 10th, 2012, 13:10
Well guys here are my observations:

-I stated the phony war in ERA 1 with the germains and with the proper spawns disable;the mission flew for a good while until I got close to the objective then the game shutted down.I tried this several times the problem lies at 80% of the way towards the english sector.

-So I tried it from the other end starting the game in ERA 1 but on the english side this time ,with an english pilot ,and with the proper spawns disable;the game crashed on the aircraft take off.

I suspect the problem lies in the english portion of the global layer but I dont know of any way to check this.Is there a way to verify every missions on a campaign by edithing them separatly ?
If needed I can list the missions I tried so far.

Thanks,Daniel.

vonOben
April 11th, 2012, 02:51
Hi

I've flown a German Phoney war campaig resently in ETO 1.40 without any shut down problems at all!
I used the spawn: "Axis Side Phoney war campaign" and era: 1.

Cheers

vonOben

ndicki
April 11th, 2012, 04:55
Sounds to me as though you're missing something - a pylon or some such.

I have no idea what it does once it's in ETO, but the original version runs perfectly well for me...

Led Zeppelin
April 11th, 2012, 05:11
I've made this campaign and I'm wondering if this is a known issue, maybe it has already been discussed a long time ago... I'll try to find.

gosd
April 21st, 2012, 07:54
Still trying to get this canpaign working; tried all of the three countries with different spawn cofigurations including the prescribed ones,the game still crashes afther a short wile never get to the objective. Crashing occurs in the allied sector, must be missing a facility ?

Led Zeppelin
April 22nd, 2012, 01:17
I'm pretty sure there is a fix, there is a missing file somewhere but I can't find anything on my HD.

gosd
May 2nd, 2012, 11:09
Finally sorted out the problem thanks to VonOben who sent me a copy of his spanws file. I must of had a corrupted spawn,

Led Zeppelin
May 3rd, 2012, 03:25
good news!