PDA

View Full Version : Default DHC-2 Float as AI

dexthom
April 8th, 2012, 13:56
I put a default DHC-2 float is as an AI bird but she won't start up to depart at the appointed time. Replace it with an AI version and all is well.
Anyone have any ideas??

rdaniell
April 8th, 2012, 14:11
My default Beaver has to be restarted before I can fly it. It opens running but, then shuts down and has to be restarted. That's most likely the problem with trying to use it as AI. I'm afraid I don't know of any solution.

RD

Dave Torkington
April 8th, 2012, 14:27
I put a default DHC-2 float is as an AI bird but she won't start up to depart at the appointed time. Replace it with an AI version and all is well.
Anyone have any ideas??

Hi Dexthom,

Make a hybrid using the default DHC-2 with the aircraft.cfg from the AI version you have. You'll have to do some modifying of the aircraft.cfg to suit the default Beaver, but worth a try...

Dave :salute:

dexthom
April 8th, 2012, 15:29
Hi Dexthom,

Make a hybrid using the default DHC-2 with the aircraft.cfg from the AI version you have. You'll have to do some modifying of the aircraft.cfg to suit the default Beaver, but worth a try...

Dave :salute:

Thank Dave, I'll give that a shot. I'll do a little copy/rename thing and see what I can do. I just wanted to put a logo on an AI using FS Repaint and accomplished that but when I save it with FS Repaint
it screws the texture sheet up and I end up with jumbled paint job. There is no problem with adding a logo on a default. It works fine.

EDIT... A swap of the GENERAL section worked. Tweaks of the contact points and lights are required. I didn't see a frame impact. Just a lot of trial and error.

Dave Torkington
April 9th, 2012, 00:37
EDIT... A swap of the GENERAL section worked. Tweaks of the contact points and lights are required. I didn't see a frame impact. Just a lot of trial and error.

Glad you got your AI airbourne! Nice one sir :salute:

I just wanted to put a logo on an AI using FS Repaint and accomplished that but when I save it with FS Repaint it screws the texture sheet up and I end up with jumbled paint job. There is no problem with adding a logo on a default. It works fine.

More than likely your repaint file needs 'flipping' to display properly in FSX [.dds format is preferred by the sim because .bmp files have to be dynamically 'flipped' by the CPU before they hit your video card]. If you need to 'flip' 'em I recommend using Martin Wrights DXTBmp. (http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/) Just open your file, go to Image/Flip Image then save as .dds DXT5 [best compression format according to ACES]. Be sure to take out your original .bmp texture file as FSX will get confused if it reads two texture files with the same name!

Have fun :icon29:

Dave.

dexthom
April 9th, 2012, 05:31
Thank you Dave. Somewhere way out in the past, I recall playing with that tool. I will give it a try.

dexthom
April 9th, 2012, 11:40
Glad you got your AI airbourne! Nice one sir :salute:

More than likely your repaint file needs 'flipping' to display properly in FSX [.dds format is preferred by the sim because .bmp files have to be dynamically 'flipped' by the CPU before they hit your video card]. If you need to 'flip' 'em I recommend using Martin Wrights DXTBmp. (http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/) Just open your file, go to Image/Flip Image then save as .dds DXT5 [best compression format according to ACES]. Be sure to take out your original .bmp texture file as FSX will get confused if it reads two texture files with the same name!

Have fun :icon29:

Dave.

Absolutely correct Dave. That worked like a charm. Thank you for the reminder. :applause: