PDA

View Full Version : Can't get DPC Korea Mission Builder to Run as usual.

SPQR33
April 6th, 2012, 10:25
Gents: Been about 4 years since I was last here. Been building a real estate business since my last mission set upload.
Wife with Alzheimer's and new business took 99.9% of time.
Though now things have slowed down enough to get back into this fine Sim.
Beem building numerous CFS3 missions for folks privately using Korea, MAW & ETO.
And sending out DVD's of MAW to folks who had slower web service.

Last week, blew-up my main gaming machine. Bought a new H-P Win-7 machine, and began loading back all CFS3 stuff as time permits.
Got CFS3.0 loaded clean with 3.1 and 3.1a and MB-SDK loaded fully clean. CFS3 runs just fine, as does the Mission Builder shortcut
Loaded DPC Korea and game runs fine once changing the target for the Shortcut icon.
All went well until trying to use DPC Korea Mission builder. Keep geting error message that the file "msvcp70.dll is not on my machine.
Though that file is in CFS3 and was copied over to DPC Korea main folder when installed.
Also the DPC Korea Desk Top Icons are not as in the past, and it never did post a MB Icon on the Desk Top as it usually had.
I remember from long past that there was a problem getting Mission Builder working in DPC Korea, but can't find my notes or remember the Fix to get MB working in DPC Korea.
Anyone remember how to do this?

I'm also trying to reload MAW, ETO, the first PTO, etc.S
Seems ETO went in OK, but the folders seem incomplete somehow.
No matter, I'm doing this is the order from the long past, with DPC Korea getting up & running first.
Then I'll try running MAW, then ETO, then finally the original PTO.
So, I may be back.
And when the time allows, I'll have quite a few brand new CFS3 missions for you all to enjoy.

Please let me know if someone remembers the fix for DPC Korea MB repair.

Regards,
SPQR33
:salute:

KellyB
April 7th, 2012, 04:54
Had the same problem with an install of PatPattle's BoB and MAW after a crash and burn awhile ago.

In my case, it had to do with how I tried to create the desktop shortcut by simply creating one from the MB folder for MB.exe. Doesn't work.

In the properties for the desktop short cut, the Target should be: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\mb\mb.exe"

and the Start in line should read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\"

If you try just to create the shortcut from within the DPC\MB folder for MB.exe, the Start in line will
read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\MB" and it will fail with a variety of errors, like the one you're experiencing.

See also:

(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...MB-not-working (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?5097-MB-not-working))

Hope this helps.

Old Tiger
April 7th, 2012, 05:11
:wavey:Mine looks like this C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\mb\mb.exe :icon_eek: I remember it was a real pain it the butt to get it working.:salute:

SPQR33
April 7th, 2012, 12:17
....In the properties for the desktop short cut, the "Target" should be: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\mb\mb.exe"

and the "Start" in line should read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\"

If you try just to create the shortcut from within the DPC\MB folder for MB.exe, the Start in line will
read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\DPC CFS3 Korea\MB" and it will fail ....Hope this helps.

To KellyB and Old Tiger:

It worked like a charm!!:salute:

I'll have to remember this, and just as a chance thought, I looked at the OK running CFS3 MB ShortCut Icon's properties.
Had I done this before I Threaded with you folks, I would have found this Small Coding Anomoly with the Link's "Target" and "Start" locations code.
Keep in mind that my new System is running Win-7, a 64-bit OS, and CFS3 runs only on a 32-Bit OS; and Win-7 has a 32-Bit Programs Folder to use, called "Programs (x86)".

I have my Prime & Clean & Fully Updated (with MB-SDK) Load of CFS3 in the following location... C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator3\.
But DPC Korea makes several assumptions about its install locations, like I'm installing it on a 32-bit system.
So when I made the Install change to the 32-Bit Compatible Program (x86) Folder, well, things got a bit screwy, to say the least !!.
The MB ShortCut Icon's "Target" and "Start" file locations were not correct, as you had detailed.

Gents, you both have all my thanks for your help.
Since I've been away from SOH since early 2008, due to a new business start-up and my Sweet Wife's Dementia problems, well....
Please feel free to look-up any and all of my CFS3, Korea, MAW, and ETO missions sets for your flying pleasure and challanges.

I got DPC Korea's Clean Load running with MB doing just fine now.
Too bad Korea did not have a built-in HTML Doc (like MAW) when CFS3 MB fails to load correctly, given the differences between 64- and 32-Bit systems.

My next editing task is to follow the MAW's Drag-Copy details for making its MB work as it should.
Good thing that MAW loaded OK, but I'm having trouble with it's MB as well.
But, the Desert Rats must have thought of everything in this regard, so...
I'll bet I'll have MAW's MB working in no time following their instructions.

Again, to you both, All My Thanks for your Expert Help.
I hope to be back at this forum and uploading missions once again soon.

Regards,
SPQR33
:applause:

gosd
April 7th, 2012, 14:30
Nice to have you back SPQR33 :applause:

SPQR33
April 8th, 2012, 07:42
Nice to have you back SPQR33 :applause:

Thanks GOSD: As I slowly rebuild these past 10 years worth of CFS3 games & add-ons, I'll soon begin doing more missions, effects, weapons, vehicles, aircraft performance hacks, etc.
If you know another forum fellow, Mr. Rene Reiman, well, these past few years I have been building missions for CFS3, Korea, MAW & ETO privately for him and his crew of test pilots.
Perhaps you could contact him thru the forum for these past couple dozen or so missions sets I've done while away from the game.
Unless the Best-Buy Geek Squad folks can recover most of my old machine's hard drive's folders & files, this I can post them to SOH, once I renew my permissions to do so.

By the way, I'm now doing a full reinstall of MAW, but I can't find their old web site anywhere. I assume they went bust since its release.
I have it up & running to V1.20, but ran into a problem I faintly remember from way back then.

If I recall, there was a file missing from V1.20 update, which prevents loading V1.21; the Spawn Config Utility needed a .dll file to run so I can load V1.21.

You wouldn't just happen to have this file name in your Main MAW game folder would you?
Named: MSVBM50.dll.

To install V1.21, I need to run the Spawn config, then run the Resolution config utilities.
When I click the Spawn config link, I get an error message saying this file is missing from the folder.
It is not in CFS3, nor in DPC_Korea, so I asume it is a MAW specific file.

If you can Drag-Copy and Attach it to an e-mail, please send it to: spqr@verizon.net

Regards,
SPQR33
:isadizzy: