PDA

View Full Version : Scenery auto-rotating people figures - HELP

nigel richards
April 5th, 2012, 08:10
62452 62453

Working down here at Cheb, Czech Republic I've come up with a small hitch...

I'd be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on getting people figures to auto-rotate to viewer in game.

ian elliot
April 5th, 2012, 08:18
Did you make them yourself or are they someone else's, i think its a comand built into the object when its made. i try'd to do that myself, making an object in FSDS but could'nt figure how, hope this helps.
cheers ian

tgibson
April 5th, 2012, 08:25
Hi,

Create an FS2004 MDL file, and then use MDL Tweaker II and add the Rotate to Aircraft tweak.

You will need to experiment with the heading your object should be placed at in GMAX or FSDS or Sketchup, so you can then place the object at 0 degrees in FS. Or experiment on the proper heading to add your object to FS to get it facing you.

If this is an existing BGL file you really can't make this change and retain the original GUID's, since any figures placed before the change will now always be facing in random directions to to you. They must all be placed at the same (and proper) heading for them to face you. You can decompile the BGL into MDL files and create a new library with new GUID values, as long as you have permission.

Hope this helps,

nigel richards
April 5th, 2012, 08:58
Ian, Tom; many thanks Gentlemen for the remarkably swift and helpful replies.

I'm building from scratch in Gmax, so it seems through MDL Tweaker II we should soon be in business.

What would we all do without Arno?

Thanks.

Cees Donker
April 5th, 2012, 09:08
Ian, Tom; many thanks Gentlemen for the remarkably swift and helpful replies.

I'm building from scratch in Gmax, so it seems through MDL Tweaker II we should soon be in business.

What would we all do without Arno?

Thanks.

Without Arno? Much less!

:running:

Cees

ian elliot
April 5th, 2012, 09:11
Hi Nigel, if your making them yourself with G-max, there maybe a command in the programe lurking somewhere, i dont have G-max myself so i dont really know how it works but have a look through the help files and you may get lucky.
I remember EOD, easy object designer could do this no problem and thats a really old program making Api's, seems odd that G-max or FSDS cant.
cheers ian

nigel richards
April 5th, 2012, 09:45
Too right Cees!

BTW, I'm really looking forward to taking 5 and diving into your latest scenery. :wavey:

Ian; I'll bet you're right about Gmax - The more I learn, the more respect and awe I hold for that great programme.
Only problem is I'm still wearing diapers in there.

srgalahad
April 6th, 2012, 08:24
Ian; I'll bet you're right about Gmax - The more I learn, the more respect and awe I hold for that great programme.
Only problem is I'm still wearing diapers in there.

Ya start by wearing diapers... and often end by wearing them. Enjoy the time in between! :p:

tgibson
April 6th, 2012, 11:14
Hi,

EOD used an earlier FS2002 technique. To my knowledge, MDL Tweaker II uses the only way to get FS2004 objects to auto-rotate. GMAX cannot do it by itself - that's why Arno created MDL Tweaker II! And, there is no technique available for FSX objects...

Hope this helps,

nigel richards
April 6th, 2012, 13:10
MDL Tweaker 2.0.266 by Arno Gerretsen

Tom, I can't thank you enough for introducing me to this very useful application.
And this is one of many occaisons where your knowledge has pulled me out of the sticks.

Your HU was bang on target, the desired results successful with the very first attempt.
Indeed, there was no need to tweak a thing.
And there are many other useful functions to be waiting to be tried too.

I now have scenery people figures whose gaze it is almost impossible to escape. Lol.

Arno's very clear, to the point instructions and his usual; well thought out application functions made first go a breeze.

Many, many thanks once again Sir.

Matt Wynn
April 6th, 2012, 13:39
Fantastic! it can do seasonal texture addition! which means one thing........ my custom items for my local farm strip can get tied in properly! yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaw! *runs like a lunatic back to 'is architecture office* :icon_lol::running:

nigel richards
April 6th, 2012, 15:02
That's right Matt, thought you'd notice that.
Very useful feature.

Also includes: add/remove shadow, Rotate with wind (great for custom wind-socks showing true diection).

Matt Wynn
April 6th, 2012, 16:06
yup, testbed for this will be my local farm strip, pretty much got the ground poly down (Gotta tweak the edge), gotta sort the flatten yet... then it's onto seasonal textures! then buildings and foliage!..... remember this is FS9.... yet i managed to get a pretty high res sat shot as my base poly.... my thinking... once done see if the Avias can stop in there, oh and did i mention the runway isn't straight? it has a bend in it :icon_lol:

PeteHam
April 6th, 2012, 21:19
" .... auto-rotating people figures ..... "

I guess it depends on how much Ouzo they've had :icon_lol:

Pete.

ian elliot
April 6th, 2012, 22:39
there's always something new to learn, im going to grab me a copy of Arno's program, there's a few things i'd like to use it for.
cheers ian