PDA

View Full Version : take off postion on a carrier

nik112
April 4th, 2012, 23:08
Hi all
Last night tried to fly coral sea 1 from defense of Australia campaign. Mission had vn Lexington as the carrier that i was taking off. I change it with Usio's Lex and unfortunately instead of pilots seat found my self and of course my plane drinking coffee with the captain at the bridge ( i think a lot of you had faced it ). Changed carrier (i wanted to check cv5 from Ti Loup's) old campaign and my plane was in the middle of the deck. so i decided to cancel the mis and replace the carrier with another one. i choose colin's Yorktown 43
and found my plane at the right position and the mission started and ended fine. The quest to the guru's here is 1/ if i can predict if that could happen again and 2/ whats the solution. Its something that can do without asking?

cheers:running:

Allen
April 4th, 2012, 23:25
I think the ship.cfg has the data on take off point. Usio's Lex, I'm not sure. Maybe it is one of those player drive-able ships?

Shadow Wolf 07
April 5th, 2012, 08:41
Most of Usio's ships come with 3 dps: a heavy FLAK dp, a target dp (surviveable FLAK) and an on-board dp. You apparently are using the on-board dp. Look in the ship's folder for a folder containing the target dp and the default dp.

To adjust the start position on the flight deck do the following:

Open the ship.cfg with notepad and find the section below.

[flight_deck_section]
width=32.5
length=248.6
takeoff_start=0,21,-80 Change this value to -100
takeoff_stop=0,21,120
landing_start=0,500,-5000
landing_touch_down=-0.70,20.3,-82.6
landing_stop=-0.70,20.3,-5

Save and close and delete any cdp in the ship folder.
I used Usio's (Pre-war) Lexington for the example above. :salute:

nik112
April 5th, 2012, 13:06
Thanks guys for your help
doing it right now

cheers:sheep: