PDA

View Full Version : RealEnvironmentExtreme available w/50% discount

SSI01
April 1st, 2012, 06:09
Flight Sim Pilot Shop is running a series of discounts on popular FS9 and FSX add-ons. Today's offer is RealEnvironmentExtreme plus REx Overdrive for 50% off. Currently, I am running the stock FS9 scenery with a few scenery add-ons plus water and cloud effects, but nothing like what's in the ad for REX/REX Overdrive. I have noted a number of screenshots in this forum with very well-detailed ground and sky textures, along with smooth edges and gentler gradients to ground textures. Are these done with REX? If so, what do the two programs offered in this deal do for scenery? Perhaps most importantly - what kind of system does one need for this enhancement to work properly?

SSI01
April 1st, 2012, 20:16
Bump . . . :bump:

I'm debating picking up this texture enhancement set, but needed to find out how it would affect FS9 in particular, and my machine in general - if it has any adverse affect at all, re: resource management.

The setup is: MS Windows XP SP3, with an AMD Phenom II X4 940 processor, 3.25GB of RAM. The video card is an AMD Radeon HD6850.

I have a number of add-on sceneries and am wondering how they will be affected, generally, if at all. Any input would be welcome!:salute:

rich12545
April 2nd, 2012, 06:07
I don't believe you'll have a problem. And they're working on a huge upgrade that will be free.

SSI01
April 2nd, 2012, 08:54
Thanks for the help - the download info isn't quite clear on this, but it doesn't tell you whether you need the basic REX installed before you install what's discounted.

rich12545
April 2nd, 2012, 11:33
You need basic REX installed. Overdrive is a free upgrade to that just as Essential will be.

SSI01
April 2nd, 2012, 16:57
Good clarification. As Shakespeare said, "Much Ado About Nothing," as the 50% discount applies only to the FSX version. I am running FS9, and in fact aren't even sure the basic program applies to FS9.