PDA

View Full Version : DSB/IRIS HAWK 200 FREEWARE PACK - NON-ROTATING NOSE-WHEEL

vonernsk
March 31st, 2012, 02:58
Anyone installed the Hawk 200 by DSB/IRIS and noticed the non-rotating nosewheel? Have juggled a lot of models and textures but there does not seem to be a simple solution. The answer would appear to lie in the models' coding and I certainly cannot touch that.

Does anyone have this a/c by DSB/IRIS without the nosewheel prob?

If anyone does have a model with working nosewheel, grateful for a PM with their model.

I am loathe to approach IRIS with the prob as I know that David Brice has had a bad accident whilst biking and is currently re-cuperating.

Ferry_vO
March 31st, 2012, 05:35
I dug up my original 2004 (!) 'DSB Superpack CD' and installed it, and you are right the nosewheel on the 200 models do not rotate.

Found this on the offical IRIS website: Please note that due to time constraints, we do not provide official support for freeware products. However we have a fantastic userbase on our forums who will be glad to help in any way with support on this product.

And since this model is well over eight years old and now freeware, I very much doubt they will attempt to fix it; chance is they don't even have the original source files anymore!